Database Management Tools
Database management tools provide a web interface for the administration of databases. The tools also allow running SQL queries from this user interface.
Plesk is shipped with the following database management tools:
- phpMyAdmin is used for MySQL databases.
- phpPgAdmin is used for PostgreSQL databases.
- ASP.NET Enterprise Manager and myLittleAdmin are used for Microsoft SQL Server - you can choose between them in Tools & Settings > Server Components > Microsoft SQL Webadmin.
Note that you need to install these tools first in Tools & Settings > Updates and Upgrades > Add/Remove Components.
To enable direct access to phpMyAdmin:
- Open the
/usr/local/psa/admin/conf/panel.ini(on Linux) or the
C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\conf\panel.ini(on Windows) file for editing (create the file if necessary).
- Add the following lines to it:
[databaseManagement] features.phpMyAdmin.loginForm.enabled = on
This makes it possible to access phpMyAdmin by browsing the following URL:
To open a database management tool for the selected database server:
- Go to Tools & Settings > Database Servers.
- Click the icon corresponding to the database server you need to manage. One of the supported database management tools (depending on the database engine) will open in a separate browser window.
Leave your comments on this page
Leave your feedback or question on this documentation topic below. For technical assistance, contact your hosting service provider or submit a request to Plesk support. Suggest new features for Plesk here. Discuss general questions on the Plesk forum. All offtopic comments will be removed.