Virtuozzo containers is an OS virtualization solution that creates isolated partitions, or containers, on a single physical server and OS instance to utilize hardware, software, data center and management effort with maximum efficiency.
The following operations are not available from Plesk when it is operating inside Virtuozzo containers:
- Adding to and removing IP addresses from the server's network cards.
- Changing host name.
- Setting system date and time.
After adding IP addresses to the Virtuozzo containers hardware node, you need to use the Reread IP function in Server Administration Panel (in Tools & Settings > IP Addresses) to update the Plesk's IP pool.
When installing Plesk inside a Virtuozzo container, you need to configure the Offline Service parameter for the container to ensure that the both Plesk web interface and the Power Panel, used for managing containers, are accessible.
By default, the container is configured so that the following parameters are enabled for the Offline Management service: VZPP-plesk (redirection of connections on the port 8443) and VZPP (redirection of connections on the port 4643). You need to disable the VZPP-plesk service. You can do this on Virtuozzo containers for Linux and Windows by using the Management Console utility.
To configure the container using the Management Console:
- Open the Management Console.
- Connect to the Virtuozzo containers hardware node.
- Click Virtuozzo Containers.
- Select the container, right-click it, and select Properties from the context menu.
- Go to Network > Offline Management, and disable the VZPP-plesk service.
To configure the container using the command line tools on a Linux-based hardware node:
- Connect to the hardware node over SSH.
- Issue the following command:
vzctl set CT_ID --offline_management yes --offline_service vzpp --save
To configure the container using the command line tools on a Windows-based hardware node:
- Connect to the hardware node over Remote Desktop.
- Issue the following commands:
vzctl set CT_ID --offline_management yes --save
vzcfgt set CT_ID offlineservices vzpp
After configuring the container, you will be able to access the container management functions from Plesk (at Tools > Manage Your Container [in the Server Management group]).