Adding Delegation Rule
Use the add-delegation-rule operation to add a delegation rule.
Request Packet Structure
A request XML packet adding a delegation rule includes the add-delegation-rule operation node:
<packet> <sso> <add-delegation-rule> ... </add-delegation-rule> </sso> </packet>
The add-delegation-rule node is presented by type SSOAddDelegationRuleInput (
sso.xsd), and its graphical representation is as follows:
- The sp-id node is required. It specifies ID of a specific service provider. A user of the SP (specified by sp-login) will be treated by Plesk as Plesk user specified by plesk-login. Data type: string.
- The sp-login node is required. It specifies the login of the SP user. Data type: string.
- The plesk-login node is required. It specifies the login of the Plesk user. Data type: string.
Important: When creating request packets, put nodes and elements in the order they follow in the packet structure.
Response Packet Structure
The add-delegation-rule node of the output XML packet is presented by type SSOAddDelegationRuleOutput (
sso.xsd) and structured as follows:
- The result node is required. It wraps the response retrieved from the server. Data type: resultFilterType (
- The status node is required. It specifies the execution status of the operation. Data type: string. Allowed values: ok | error.
- The errcode node is optional. It returns the error code if the operation fails. Data type: integer.
- The errtext node is optional. It returns the error message if the operation fails. Data type: string.
The packet that delegates resources of Plesk user MyUser to user MyExample registered at the SP specified by ID fvsrf4564asdsRdh4 looks as follows:
<packet version="188.8.131.52"> <sso> <add-delegation-rule> <sp-id>fvsrf4564asdsRdh4</sp-id> <sp-login>MyUser</sp-login> <plesk-login>MyExample</plesk-login> </add-delegation-rule> </sso> </packet>
<packet version="184.108.40.206"> <sso> <add-delegation-rule> <result> <status>ok</status> </result> </add-delegation-rule> </sso> </packet>
Leave your comments on this page
Leave your feedback or question on this documentation topic below. For technical assistance, contact your hosting service provider or submit a request to Plesk support. Suggest new features for Plesk here. Discuss general questions on the Plesk forum. All offtopic comments will be removed.