Plesk version: 9.0
XML API version: 126.96.36.199
Plesk user: Administrator, customer
Backup is a file containing a copy of data that is used to restore the original. In Plesk XML API, you can manage backups of Plesk accounts or of the entire Plesk server by the backup-manager operator. One backup may be divided into two or more files. You can use Plesk's storage (local storage) or remote FTP servers to store backup files. Protocols other than FTP are not supported in the current realization.
Backups are divided into four groups:
Webspace-level backup. It includes the following:
- Webspace-related content
- Webspace configuration (limits and permissions on resources, webspace users, etc.)
Customer-level backup. It includes the following:
- Webspace-level backups of all webspaces owned by a customer
- Customer-level configuration which includes configuration of the customer account its subordinate webspace accounts
Reseller-level backup. It includes the following:
- Customer-level backups of all customers owned by a reseller
- Reseller-level configuration which includes configuration of the reseller account and customer-level configurations of all its subordinate customer accounts
- Server-level backup. It includes content of all webspaces on the server and server-level configuration - configuration of Plesk server and all user accounts.
To back up Plesk data, you need to create a backup task with appropriate arguments defining what will be included into backup. If a backup task is successfully completed, the corresponding backup is created. You can monitor the status of backup tasks or cancel them.
- GET-REMOTE-STORAGE-SETTINGS retrieves settings of a remote FTP storage
- SET-REMOTE-STORAGE-SETTINGS changes settings of a remote FTP storage
- BACKUP-WEBSPACE creates a webspace-level backup task
- BACKUP-CUSTOMER creates a customer-level backup task
- BACKUP-RESELLER creates a reseller-level backup task
- BACKUP-SERVER creates a server-level backup task
- GET-TASKS-INFO retrieves the status of a certain backup task
- GET-LOCAL-BACKUP-LIST retrieves a list of backups stored in a local storage
- IMPORT-FILE moves backups from a temporary directory on a Plesk server to a local storage
- DOWNLOAD-FILE downloads a backup from the server
- GET-SUPPORTED-PROTOCOLS retrieves transport protocols supported by the backup-manager operator
- STOP-BACKUP cancels a certain backup task
- REMOVE-FILE removes a specified backup from a storage
Leave your comments on this page
Leave your feedback or question on this documentation topic below. For technical assistance, contact your hosting service provider or submit a request to Plesk support. Suggest new features for Plesk here. Discuss general questions on the Plesk forum. All offtopic comments will be removed.