Use the add-member operation to add a new subscriber to a mailing list specified by name or ID.
Request Packet Structure
A request XML packet adding a subscriber includes the add-member operation node:
The add-member node is presented by the MaillistAddMemberInputType type (
maillist.xsd), and its graphical representation is as follows:
- The filter node is required. It specifies the filtering rule. You can subscribe a person specified by id to multiple mailing lists in a single packet. For information on this filter, refer to the Available Filters section. Data type: MaillistSimpleFilterType (
- The id node is required. It specifies the subscriber's e-mail address. Data type: emailType (
You can add multiple subscribers to a mailing list using different filtering rules in a single packet. Add as many add-member operations as the number of different filtering rules to be applied.
Important: When creating request packets, put nodes and elements in the order they follow in the packet structure.
Response Packet Structure
The add-member node of the output XML packet is presented by type MaillistAddMemberOutputType (
maillist.xsd) and structured as follows:
- The result node is required. It wraps the response retrieved from the server. Data type: MaillistMemberResultType (
- The status node is required. It specifies the execution status of the add-member operation. Data type: string. Allowed values: ok | error.
- The errcode node is optional. Is returns the error code if the add-member operation fails. Data type: integer.
- The errtext node is optional. It returns the error message if the add-member operation fails. Data type: string.
- The filter-id node is optional. It holds the filtering rule parameter. For information, refer to the Available Filters section. Data type: anySimpleType.
- The id node is optional. It returns the subscriber's email address if the operation succeeds. Data type: emailType (
Adding a subscriber
This request packet adds the subscriber with e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org to mailing list MyMailer.
If the mailing list was not found on the server, the response looks as follows:
Adding subscribers to multiple mailing lists
This request packet adds the subscriber with e-mail address email@example.com to mailing lists MyMailer and SubscribeMe.