Use the del-member to remove a subscriber from specified mailing lists.
Request Packet Structure
A request XML packet removing a subscriber from the specified mailing lists includes the del-member operation node:
The add-member node is presented by the MaillistAddMemberInputType type (
maillist.xsd), and its graphical representation is as follows:
- The filter node is required. It specifies the filtering rule. You can remove a person specified by id from multiple mailing lists in a single packet. For information on this filter, refer to the Available Filters section. Data type: MaillistSimpleFilterType (
- The id node is required. It specifies the subscriber's e-mail address. Data type: emailType (
You can delete a subscriber from multiple mailing lists using different filtering rules in a single packet. Add as many del-member operations as the number of different filtering rules to be applied.
Important: When creating request packets, put nodes and elements in the order they follow in the packet structure.
Response Packet Structure
The del-member node of the output XML packet is presented by type MaillistDelMemberOutputType (
maillist.xsd) and structured as follows:
- The result node is required. It wraps the response retrieved from the server. Data type: MaillistMemberResultType (
- The status node is required. It specifies the execution status of the del-member operation. Data type: string. Allowed values: ok | error.
- The errcode node is optional. Is returns the error code if the del-member operation fails. Data type: integer.
- The errtext node is optional. It returns the error message if the del-member operation fails. Data type: string.
- The filter-id node is optional. It holds the filtering rule parameter. For information, refer to the Available Filters section. Data type: anySimpleType.
- The id node is optional. It returns the subscriber's e-mail address if the operation succeeds. Data type: emailType (
Removing a subscriber from a single mailing list
This request packet removes the subscriber with e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org from mailing list MyMailer.
If the subscriber was not subscribed to MyMailer, the response looks as follows:
Removing a subscriber from multiple mailing lists
This request packet removes the subscriber with e-mail address email@example.com from mailing lists MyMailer and SubscribeMe.
The positive response from the server looks as follows: