Getting Permission Descriptors
Use the get-permission-descriptor operation to retrieve descriptor of permissions you can set for roles. For details on descriptors, refer to the Retrieving Permission Descriptors section.
Request Packet Structure
A request XML packet retrieving descriptor of permissions includes the get-permission-descriptor operation node:
This operation retrieves a permissions descriptor for a particular Panel user. The get-permission-descriptor node (
site.xsd) has the following graphical representation:
It specifies a filtering rule. Data type: RoleSelectionPermissionFilter (
It specifies a role owner GUID. Data type: string.
Response Packet Structure
The get-permission-descriptor node of the output XML packet is structured as follows:
- The result node is required. It wraps the response retrieved from the server. Data type: ResultFilterType (
- The status node is required. It specifies the execution status of the operation. Data type: string. Allowed values: ok | error.
- The errcode node is optional. It is used to return the error code when the operation fails. Data type: unsignedInt.
- The errtext node is optional. Can be used to return the error message if the operation fails. Data type: string.
- The filter-id node is optional. It is required if the operation succeeds. Returns a filtering rule specified in the request packet. For info on filters, refer to the Filters of Descriptors section. Data type: anySimple.
- The id node is optional. It is required if the operation succeeds. Returns the unique identifier of the subscription. Data type: integer.
- The descriptor node is optional. It specifies the object descriptor. For details, refer to Representation of Object Descriptor. Data type: string.
The request packet retrieving permissions for the customer with ID 5 looks as follows:
A response from the server can look as follows: