Managing Spam Filtering Service
Plesk version: Plesk for Unix 8.0 and later
API RPC version: 188.8.131.52
Plesk user: Plesk Administrator
The spamfilter operator manages filtering of undesirable correspondence using SpamAssassin tool in Plesk. Before using the operator, ensure the SpamAssassin is installed on the server.
Plesk Administrator can enable or disable Spam Filtering service on the server. A mailbox owner can enable or disable Spam Filtering service for a specified mailbox on condition the Administrator enables manual configuration of Spam Filtering service for mailbox owners.
To sort incoming messages, Spam Filtering service uses black, white, unblack, and unwhite lists. Spam Filtering lists are divided into two groups:
- server-level lists called Administrator's lists which can be applied to all mailboxes on the server
- mailbox-level lists (on condition the Administrator enables this option)
Addresses are kept in the form of templates called patterns both in black and white lists. For information on patterns, refer to the Defining Pattern section.
- ADD-PATTERN adds a pattern to a white, black, unwhite, or unblack list
- DEL-PATTERN removes a pattern from a white, black, unwhite, or unblack list
- GET-PATTERNS retrieves patterns of a specified black(white), or unblack(unwhite) list
- GET retrieves status of SpamAssassin service and Spam Filtering settings for a specified user
- SET changes status of SpamAssassin service and Spam Filtering settings of a specified user.
- GET-ALLOWED-PREFERENCES retrieves list of Spam Filtering settings available for a specified user
- GET-ALLOWED-LISTS retrieves types of lists available for a specified user.
- CHECK checks whether a Spam Filtering service is accessible
For more information on SpamAssassin application, visit http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/.
Leave your comments on this page
Leave your feedback or question on this documentation topic below. For technical assistance, contact your hosting service provider or submit a request to Plesk support. Suggest new features for Plesk here. Discuss general questions on the Plesk forum. All offtopic comments will be removed.