Viewing the Status of System Services
To view the status of Plesk-managed services:
- Click Tools & Utilities > Services Management. A list of Plesk services will show. From that screen you can manage services and view their status.
- Click Extensions > Watchdog. A list of Plesk services will show. From that screen you can view service statuses and manage monitoring preferences.
The following information is displayed:
An icon in the S (status) column shows whether a service is currently monitored by Watchdog and it indicates the status of a service returned by the last poll:
- the service is not currently monitored.
- you started monitoring but the service has not yet been polled for its status.
- the service is monitored and Watchdog reports that the service is running.
- the service is monitored and Watchdog reports that the service is down.
- the service is no longer monitored by Watchdog because this service was unstable.
An icon in the M (Monitoring) column shows whether you set Watchdog to monitor the service and it also indicates whether the service was installed on the server and properly configured:
- the service is not installed or is not configured.
- you did not set Watchdog to monitor the service.
- you set Watchdog to monitor the service.
Leave your comments on this page
Leave your feedback or question on this documentation topic below. For technical assistance, contact your hosting service provider or submit a request to Plesk support. Suggest new features for Plesk here. Discuss general questions on the Plesk forum. All offtopic comments will be removed.