Upgrade from the Command Line
To upgrade 8.x or 9.x versions of Plesk to the latest version via the command line, follow the instructions given below.
1. Plesk Sitebuilder 4.5 is not upgraded. Alternatively, the new version of Presence Builder (former SiteBuilder) installs beside the previous one. Hence, you have the opportunity to manage existing sites in Sitebuilder 4.5 and create sites either in Presence Builder or in SiteBuilder 4.5. The upgrade of existing sites to the new format is performed manually.
2. If you used Plesk Billing, add the Customer & Business Manager component to the list of components to upgrade.
To update or upgrade your Plesk through the command line:
- Download the Plesk Installer utility that suits your operating system from http://installer.plesk.com/plesk-installer (for Linux) or http://autoinstall-win.plesk.com/plesk-installer.exe (for Windows).
- (Only for Linux) Set the execution permission for Plesk Installer:
chmod +x plesk-installer
- Run Plesk Installer.
On a Linux/Unix server:
On a Windows server:
Note: As described in the section Before Upgrading Plesk, you can select a Plesk build for an upgrade depending on its release tier. By default, Installer shows you only the latest general and late adopter releases. To be able to upgrade to other Plesk releases, use the following Installer options:
--all-versionsto view all available Plesk versions.
--tier <release_tier>to view the latest available versions with the specified release tier.
- To confirm upgrade, type 'y' and press ENTER.
- Specify the source of Plesk distribution package.
You can choose to upgrade from a local medium, the official Plesk updates server, or another site. By default, the official server is selected. If you wish to retrieve installation files from a local medium or network storage:
- Type 's' and press ENTER.
- To choose a local medium, type 1. To choose a network storage device, type 3. Press ENTER.
- If you chose a local medium, specify the location of psa.inf configuration file. If you chose a network storage, specify the address. For example, http://example.com, http://192.168.10.10, ftp://192.168.10.10.
Note: If you are running Windows, it is possible to use local system paths when specifying the source. Network shares cannot be used directly, only if you preliminarily map a network drive to a local drive.
- If you use a proxy server, specify the following settings:
- Proxy host name and port number. To specify them, type 's', type the host name, type the port number, and press ENTER to continue.
- User name and password. If this proxy server requires authentication, type 'a', press ENTER, specify username and press ENTER, type password and press ENTER.
- When finished with specifying proxy settings, type 'n' and press ENTER to continue.
- Select the product version to which you want to upgrade: type the number corresponding to the product version you need and press ENTER, then type 'n' and press ENTER to continue.
- Select the components that you want to install or upgrade.
Tip: The selected packages are marked with [*] symbols. The packages that are already installed and do not require updating are marked with [=] symbols. The component groups that contain selected components are marked with [.]. To select or deselect a package, type the corresponding number and press ENTER..
- To continue with the upgrade, type 'n' and press ENTER. When prompted, confirm upgrading: type 'n' and press ENTER again.
The packages will be downloaded and installed.
Forcing integration with Business Manager
If you upgrade Plesk with Business Manager, the components require some time (not more than five minutes) to set up integration after the upgrade is completed. During this period, you may not see Business Manager links in Plesk, Business Manager may require your password to log in, and you may see a message about invalid credentials when logging in.
If you want to force the integration, log in to Business Manager and reconnect Plesk manually. To do this, go to Home, group Sync Statistics, click the corresponding link, select Plesk ID, and click Reconnect.