To upgrade 8.x or 9.x versions of Plesk to the latest version via the web interface, follow the instructions given below.
1. Plesk Sitebuilder 4.5 is not upgraded. Alternatively, the new version of Presence Builder (former Sitebuilder) installs beside the previous one. Hence, you have the opportunity to manage existing sites in Sitebuilder 4.5 and create sites either in Web Presence Builder or in Sitebuilder 4.5. The upgrade of existing sites to the new format is performed manually.
2. If you used Plesk Billing, add the Customer & Business Manager component to the list of components to upgrade.
To upgrade Plesk from the Web interface:
- Download the Plesk Installer utility that suits your operating system from http://installer.plesk.com/plesk-installer (for Linux) or http://autoinstall-win.plesk.com/plesk-installer.exe (for Windows).
- (Only for Linux) Set the execution permission for Plesk Installer.
chmod +x plesk-installer
- Run Plesk Installer.
On a Linux/Unix server:
On a Windows server:
(Only for Linux) Open your browser and enter https://your-host-name-or-IP-address:8447/ in the address bar. The Plesk Installer Web interface opens.
(Only for Windows) Plesk Installer wizard opens in a new browser window. When the installer starts, an additional console window opens. This window displays the operations performed by the utility. It is closed upon the successful installation, or after 30 minutes of inactivity.
Note: As described in the section Before Upgrading Plesk, you can select a Plesk build for an upgrade depending on its release tier. By default, Installer shows you only the latest general and late adopter releases. To be able to upgrade to other Plesk releases, use the following Installer options:
--all-versionsto view all available Plesk versions.
--tier <release_tier>to view the latest available versions with the specified release tier.
- (Only for Windows) Select the language for the installation wizard.
- Log in to the web interface.
- If you are running Windows, type the administrator's username ("Administrator"), administrator's password, and click Log In.
- If you are running Linux, type the system root user and password, and click Log In.
- Click Updates source and installation settings and specify the source of Plesk distribution package:
- By default, the Official Plesk updates server is selected. Specify the location where the installation files will be stored.
- If you select Mirror server, specify the .inf3 file location in the URL to the directory with .inf3 file field. Specify the location where the installation files will be stored.
- If you select Local media, specify the .inf3 file location in the Absolute path to the .inf3 file field.
- If you use a proxy server, select the Connect using a proxy checkbox and specify the following settings:
- Specify proxy host name and port number in the Proxy address and port fields.
- If this proxy server requires authentication, select the Require authentication checkbox and specify username and password.
- (Only for Linux) Select the installation language and click Save to save the installation preferences and proceed to installation.
- Click Install or Upgrade Product. You are taken to the products list.
- Select the checkbox corresponding to Plesk and the Plesk product versions to which you want to upgrade. By default, the latest product versions are selected.
- To review the components that will be installed, select the Preview components selection checkbox and click Continue. You can see the list of available components. To select or deselect a component, select or clear the corresponding checkbox. To select or deselect all the components, click Select all or None respectively.
- To start the upgrade, click Continue.
The packages will be downloaded and installed. When the upgrade is finished, you will see a notification saying "All products and components have been successfully installed and upgraded." Click OK.
Forcing integration with Business Manager
If you upgrade Plesk with Business Manager, the components require some time (not more than five minutes) to set up integration after the upgrade is completed. During this period, you may not see Business Manager links in Plesk, Business Manager may require your password to log in, and you may see a message about invalid credentials when logging in.
If you want to force the integration, log in to Business Manager and reconnect Plesk manually. To do this, go to Home, group Sync Statistics, click the corresponding link, select Plesk ID, and click Reconnect.