Using an FTP Storage
If you are going to use an FTP server for storing backup files, you should specify its settings in Tools & Settings > Backup Manager > FTP Storage Settings. Click Use FTP storage and specify the following:
- FTP server's IP address or host name.
- A directory on the server where you want to store backup files.
- User name and password for access to the FTP account.
- Whether to use FTP passive mode. If the connection to the specified FTP server failed, select this option and try again. Plesk tests the connection when you click OK in FTP storage settings.
- Whether to use FTPS. If the FTP server supports this protocol, you can use it for better security.
- The password that Plesk will use for backup protection.
Note: Password protection secures only user passwords included in backups. Other content, such as user files, is not protected.
How to Copy Backups to the Server Storage
To copy a backup from the FTP storage to the Plesk's server storage:
- Go to Tools & Settings > Backup Manager and click the backup you want to move.
Note: Backups stored in the FTP storage have the corresponding icon in the System notes column.
- Click Copy to Server Storage.
Leave your feedback on this topic here
If you have questions or need support, please visit the Plesk forum or contact your hosting provider.
The comments below are for feedback on the documentation only. No timely answers or help will be provided.