Plesk version: 9.0
XML API version: 22.214.171.124
Plesk user: Administrator, customer
Backup is a file containing a copy of data that is used to restore the original. In Plesk XML API, you can manage backups of Plesk accounts or of the entire Plesk server by the backup-manager operator. One backup may be divided into two or more files. You can use Plesk's storage (local storage) or remote FTP servers to store backup files. Protocols other than FTP are not supported in the current realization.
Backups are divided into four groups:
Subscription-level backup. It includes the following:
- Subscription-related content
- Subscription configuration (limits and permissions on resources, subscription users, etc.)
Customer-level backup. It includes the following:
- Subscription-level backups of all subscriptions owned by a customer
- Customer-level configuration which includes configuration of the customer account and its subordinate subscription accounts
Reseller-level backup. It includes the following:
- Customer-level backups of all customers owned by a reseller
- Reseller-level configuration which includes configuration of the reseller account and customer-level configurations of all its subordinate customer accounts
- Server-level backup. It includes content of all subscriptions on the server and server-level configuration - configuration of Plesk server and all user accounts.
To back up Plesk data, you need to create a backup task with appropriate arguments defining what will be included into backup. If a backup task is successfully completed, the corresponding backup is created. You can monitor the status of backup tasks or cancel them.
- GET-REMOTE-STORAGE-SETTINGS retrieves settings of a remote FTP storage
- SET-REMOTE-STORAGE-SETTINGS changes settings of a remote FTP storage
- BACKUP-WEBSPACE creates a subscription-level backup task
- BACKUP-CUSTOMER creates a customer-level backup task
- BACKUP-RESELLER creates a reseller-level backup task
- BACKUP-SERVER creates a server-level backup task
- GET-TASKS-INFO retrieves the status of a certain backup task
- GET-LOCAL-BACKUP-LIST retrieves a list of backups stored in a local storage
- IMPORT-FILE moves backups from a temporary directory on a Plesk server to a local storage
- DOWNLOAD-FILE downloads a backup from the server
- GET-SUPPORTED-PROTOCOLS retrieves transport protocols supported by the backup-manager operator
- STOP-BACKUP cancels a certain backup task
- REMOVE-FILE removes a specified backup from a storage
Leave your feedback on this topic here
If you have questions or need support, please visit the Plesk forum or contact your hosting provider.
The comments below are for feedback on the documentation only. No timely answers or help will be provided.