Transferring a Customer Account to a New Owner
The change-owner operation is used to transfer customer accounts to a new owner (provider).
Request Packet Structure
A request XML packet upgrading customer accounts to reseller accounts includes the change-owner node:
<packet> <customer> <change-owner> ... </change-owner> </customer> </packet>
The change-owner node does not have a separate type, it is nested within the ClientTypeRequest complex type (
client_input.xsd). Its graphical representation is as follows:
Note: The interactive schema navigator for all request packets is available here: http://plesk.github.io/api-schemas/126.96.36.199/agent_input.svg.
- The filter node is required. It specifies the filtering rule. Data type: clientSelectionFilterType. For more information on filters, refer to the Available Filters section.
- The new-owner-login node is required. It specifies the new owner.
- The ipV4-address and ipV6-address nodes specify which IP addresses should be assigned to the customer from the IP pool of the new owner. At least one IP address must be specified.
- The plan-name node is optional. It specifies the web hosting plan belonging to the new owner that should be associated with transferred subscriptions.
Response Packet Structure
The change-owner node of the output XML packet is structured as follows:
Note: The interactive schema navigator for all response packets is available here: http://plesk.github.io/api-schemas/188.8.131.52/agent_output.svg.
- The result node is required. It wraps the response retrieved from the server. Data type: ResultFilterType (
- The status node is required. It specifies the execution status of the operation. Data type: string. Allowed values: ok | error.
- The errcode node is optional. It is used to return the error code when the operation fails. Data type: unsignedInt.
- The errtext node is optional. Can be used to return the error message if the operation fails. Data type: string.
- The filter-id node is optional. Returns the filtering parameter. Data type: anySimple.
- The id node is optional. It is required if the operation succeeds. Returns the unique identifier of the reseller account. Data type: integer.
The request packet transferring a customer account to another reseller account looks as follows:
<packet> <customer> <change-owner> <filter> <login>customer1</login> </filter> <new-owner-login>admin</new-owner-login> <ipV4-address>10.52.47.125</ipV4-address> <plan-name>Admin Simple</plan-name> </change-owner> </customer> </packet>
<packet version="184.108.40.206"> <customer> <change-owner> <result> <status>ok</status> <filter-id>customer1</filter-id> <id>5</id> </result> </change-owner> </customer> </packet>