Transferring a Customer Account to a New Owner
The change-owner operation is used to transfer customer accounts to a new owner (provider).
Request Packet Structure
A request XML packet upgrading customer accounts to reseller accounts includes the change-owner node:
<packet> <customer> <change-owner> ... </change-owner> </customer> </packet>
The change-owner node does not have a separate type, it is nested within the ClientTypeRequest complex type (
client_input.xsd). Its graphical representation is as follows:
Note: The interactive schema navigator for all request packets is available here: http://plesk.github.io/api-schemas/184.108.40.206/agent_input.svg.
- The filter node is required. It specifies the filtering rule. Data type: clientSelectionFilterType. For more information on filters, refer to the Available Filters section.
- The new-owner-login node is required. It specifies the new owner.
- The ipV4-address and ipV6-address nodes specify which IP addresses should be assigned to the customer from the IP pool of the new owner. At least one IP address must be specified.
- The plan-name node is optional. It specifies the web hosting plan belonging to the new owner that should be associated with transferred subscriptions.
Response Packet Structure
The change-owner node of the output XML packet is structured as follows:
Note: The interactive schema navigator for all response packets is available here: http://plesk.github.io/api-schemas/220.127.116.11/agent_output.svg.
- The result node is required. It wraps the response retrieved from the server. Data type: ResultFilterType (
- The status node is required. It specifies the execution status of the operation. Data type: string. Allowed values: ok | error.
- The errcode node is optional. It is used to return the error code when the operation fails. Data type: unsignedInt.
- The errtext node is optional. Can be used to return the error message if the operation fails. Data type: string.
- The filter-id node is optional. Returns the filtering parameter. Data type: anySimple.
- The id node is optional. It is required if the operation succeeds. Returns the unique identifier of the reseller account. Data type: integer.
The request packet transferring a customer account to another reseller account looks as follows:
<packet> <customer> <change-owner> <filter> <login>customer1</login> </filter> <new-owner-login>admin</new-owner-login> <ipV4-address>10.52.47.125</ipV4-address> <plan-name>Admin Simple</plan-name> </change-owner> </customer> </packet>
<packet version="18.104.22.168"> <customer> <change-owner> <result> <status>ok</status> <filter-id>customer1</filter-id> <id>5</id> </result> </change-owner> </customer> </packet>
Leave your feedback on this topic here
If you have questions or need support, please visit the Plesk forum or contact your hosting provider.
The comments below are for feedback on the documentation only. No timely answers or help will be provided.