Performing Initial Server Setup
Initial server setup is performed right after installing Plesk on a server. This operation includes:
- Specifying Plesk Administrator's personal information
- Changing default Plesk Administrator's password
- Specifying full host name
To initially set up Plesk server, use the initial_setup operation.
Note: Using the initial_setup operation later on to change administrator's password or personal info is prohibited. For this purposes, use the set operation instead.
Request Packet Structure
A request XML packet starting server initial setup contains the initial_setup operation node:
<packet> <server> <initial_setup> ... </initial_setup> </server> </packet>
The initial_setup node is presented by complex type initialSetupType (
plesk_server.xsd) and structured as follows:
Note: The interactive schema navigator for all request packets is available here: http://plesk.github.io/api-schemas/188.8.131.52/agent_input.svg.
- The admin node is required. It holds the collection of data describing Plesk Administrator's personal info. Data type: adminType (
plesk_server.xsd). For information on this node structure, refer to the Administrator Personal Information section.
- The password node is required. It holds the new Plesk Administrator's password that will replace the default one. Data type: serverPassword (
plesk_server.xsd). Allowed values: 5 to 14 characters.
- The server_name node is optional. It specifies the full host name. Data type: string.
Important: When creating request packets, put nodes and elements in the order they follow in the packet structure.
Response Packet Structure
The initial_setup node of the response packet is structured as follows:
- The result node is required. It wraps the result of the initial_setup operation. Data type: InitialSetupResultType (
- The status node is required. It returns the execution status of the initial_setup operation. Data type: string (
common.xsd). Allowed values: ok | error.
- The errcode node is optional. It returns the error code when the initial_setup operation fails. Data type: unsignedInt (integer).
- The errtext node is optional. It returns the error message if the initial_setup operation fails. Data type: string.
- The server_name node is required if the initial_setup operation succeeds. It returns the name of the server on which initial setup was successfully performed. Data type: string.
Note: The interactive schema navigator for all response packets is available here: http://plesk.github.io/api-schemas/184.108.40.206/agent_output.svg.
A request packet performing initial setup of Plesk server can look as follows:
<packet version="220.127.116.11"> <server> <initial_setup> <admin> <admin_cname>JohnDoe BV.</admin_cname> <admin_pname>John Doe</admin_pname> <admin_phone>+49 89333333</admin_phone> <admin_fax>+49 893333303</admin_fax> <admin_email>email@example.com</admin_email> <admin_address>Theatinerstrasse 96</admin_address> <admin_city>Muenchen</admin_city> <admin_state>Bavaria</admin_state> <admin_pcode>80333</admin_pcode> <admin_country>DE</admin_country> <send_announce>true</send_announce> </admin> <password>setup</password> <server_name>com3.doe.de</server_name> </initial_setup> </server> </packet>
<packet version="18.104.22.168"> <server> <initial_setup> <result> <status>ok</status> <server_name>com3.doe.de</server_name> </result> </initial_setup> </server> </packet>
A negative response received from server may look as follows:
<packet version="22.214.171.124"> <server> <initial_setup> <result> <status>error</status> <errcode>1003</errcode> <errtext>Initial setup already completed</errtext> <server_name>com3.doe.de</server_name> </result> </initial_setup> </server> </packet>
Such error is received if the request packet sent to the server tried to perform initial setup on a server where it has already been done.
Leave your feedback on this topic here
If you have questions or need support, please visit the Plesk forum or contact your hosting provider.
The comments below are for feedback on the documentation only. No timely answers or help will be provided.