Publishing a Website Copy to Facebook
After publishing a site on the Internet, you can drive more visitors to it by publishing a site copy to the popular social network site - Facebook (www.facebook.com).
A site copy on Facebook will show most of the content from your site; however, the following changes will be applied to its design, layout, and functionality:
- Headers, sidebars, and footers will not be shown.
- The navigation menu will be shown only at the top of the site pages.
- Page width will be limited to 520 pixels. For pages wider than 520 pixels, a horizontal scrollbar will be shown.
- The font face, size, and color will be changed to comply with the Facebook design, unless these font properties were specifically selected by the site owner in the Presence Builder editor.
- Image galleries, online store, and links for sharing on social media sites will not be shown.
- Any links pointing to other pages on Facebook will not work.
- If the site is opened with the Chrome browser, the site content is considered unsafe and it is not demonstrated to users until they click the shield symbol in the top right corner.
If you want to add a site copy to Facebook, do the following:
- In the main menu, click the Settings tab > Social Media tab.
- Leave the checkbox Show a copy of my site on Facebook selected.
- Click the link Add your site copy to Facebook. The Facebook home page opens in a new browser window or tab.
- To log in to your Facebook account, type your email address and password, and click Log In.
- If you do not have a Facebook page where you want to show a site copy, create one. To do this, click Create It Now, and follow the onscreen guidelines. After your page is created, return to the Presence Builder at Facebook page, which is shown in another browser window or tab.
- Click Add Presence Builder Application. This application provides synchronization between the website on your hosting account and its copy on Facebook.
- To confirm that you want to add the application to your page, click Add Presence Builder.
Now your site copy is added. To see it, click the Website link in the Facebook navigation pane on your left.
Whenever you make changes to your site and republish it through the Presence Builder editor, your site copy on Facebook will be updated accordingly.
To remove a site copy from Facebook, do the following:
- In the Presence Builder editor's main menu, click the Settings tab > Social Media tab.
- Clear the checkbox Show a copy of my site on Facebook.
- Click Yes to confirm.
- Go to your Facebook page and remove the Presence Builder application from there.