Third-Party Component Updates
- PHP 7.0 was updated to version 7.0.27.
- PHP 5.6 was updated to version 5.6.33.
Third-Party Component Updates
Kaspersky Anti-Virus was updated to version 8.5.1 for Plesk for Linux and version 8.6.1 for Plesk for Windows.
Note: The previous Kaspersky Anti-Virus version is reaching its End оf Life on the 1st of January, 2018. From that date onwards, Kaspersky will no longer release updates or provide support for it.
We encourage all Plesk 12.5.30 users to upgrade Plesk.
Third-Party Component Updates
Roundcube was updated from version 1.2.4 to 1.2.7. This is a security update, related to a serious vulnerability in Roundcube (see the details).
We encourage all Plesk for Linux users to upgrade Plesk.
- Cent OS 7.4 and RedHat Enterprise Linux 7.4 are now supported.
- Security improvements.
Third-Party Component Updates
- PHP 7.0 was updated to 7.0.24.
Third-Party Component Updates
- PHP 7.0 was updated to 7.0.23.
- Download URLs for installing Atomicorp packages have been updated.
- Security improvements.
Third-Party Component Updates
- PHP 7.0 was updated to 7.0.22.
Third-Party Component Updates
PHP 7.0 was updated to version 7.0.21.
PHP 5.6 was updated to version 5.6.31.
OpenSSL in nginx 1.11.1 was updated to version 1.0.2k on CentOS 5, CentOS 7, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5, Debian 6, Debian 8, and Ubuntu 14.
OpenSSL in apache-sni 2.2.31 was updated to version 1.0.2k on CentOS 5 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.
- Security improvements.
Third-Party Component Updates
- Roundcube has been updated to 1.2.4.
- Security improvements.
- PHP 7.0 was updated to version 7.0.19.
- Domain management operations sometimes failed with the “Exception: Access is denied for domain <ID>” error. (PPPM-6194)
Plesk 12.5.30 Update 64
- PHP 7.0 was updated to version 7.0.18.
Plesk 12.5.30 Update 63
- A number of security enhancements.
- Toolkit management in WordPress Toolkit was improved.
- Applications installed via Plesk were not showing up in Websites & Domains > Applications. (PPPM-5992)
- Under specific circumstances, the status of long tasks was displayed incorrectly. (PPPM-5758)
- Mail sent from domains in the Spam Assassin black list was delivered marked as spam even if the “Delete all spam messages” option was configured in mailbox settings. (PPPM-4518)
Plesk Migrator 2.6.11
- Migration of folders from a web site failed if an FTP server on the source server returned relative paths in the list of the folders. (MT-3563)
- The list of folders for migration could not be obtained by Plesk Migrator if “.” or “..” were present in the folders list returned by the FTP server. (PMT-3569)
- Migration of a web site content failed if the FTP connection was unexpectedly closed on copying the content. (PMT-3567)
- Migration of a web site content failed after upgrading Plesk Migrator from version 2.1 or earlier to a later version. (PMT-3568)
- The database of an imported WordPress site could not be migrated if the time of files migration exceeded the IDLE timeout of the source FTP server. (PMT-3575)
- A WordPress site could not be migrated if redirection was enabled on the source domain. (PMT-3571)
- Website migration could be blocked if the session folder was deleted after the migration. (PMT-3576)
- Website migration failed with an uninformative error message if the document root could not be detected automatically. (PMT-3574)
- The migration progress dialog got stuck if an error occurred while retrieving data from the source server. (PMT-3573)
Plesk Migrator Update 2.6
- Migration of files, databases, and WordPress sites from any server available via FTP is now supported.
- Database content could not be synchronized in Plesk for Windows when different remote Microsoft SQL servers were used by the source and the target servers. (PMT-3509)
- A database was duplicated during second migration of a subscription having capital characters in name. (PMT-3535)
- During migration from DirectAdmin, content of administrator’s subscription became unavailable if the owner of the document root folder was incorrect. (PMT-3508)
- Migration from DirectAdmin could not be started if a customer with non-unicode symbols in the name was present on the source server. (PMT-3540)
- Migration from DirectAdmin could not be started if a mail auto-reply had been created for a domain on the source server and then the file with the auto-reply message had been deleted. (PMT-3542)
- Migration from DirectAdmin was blocked if a cron task on the source server could not be parsed. (PMT-3544)
- After migration from a custom panel, the Apache error log file could not be opened in the Log Browser because of incorrect permissions. (PMT-3460)
- MySQL server databases could not be migrated from DirectAdmin if a remote MySQL server was used on the source server. (PMT-3545)
Plesk 12.5.30 Update 62
- PHP 7.0 was updated to version 7.0.17.
Plesk 12.5.30 Update 61
- The CVE-2015-8994 vulnerability in PHP 5.5, 5.6, and 7.0 could lead to disclosure of sensitive data. To fix this vulnerability, the following configuration changes were done:
- For PHP 5.5: the OpCache extension was disabled, and the
opcache.enabledirective was set to 0 in /opt/plesk/php/5.5/etc/php.d/10-opcache.ini.
- For PHP 5.6 and 7.0: the
opcache.validate_permissiondirective was set to 1 in /opt/plesk/php/
- For PHP 5.5: the OpCache extension was disabled, and the
Note: Existing PHP configurations that had been changed by users will not be affected by those updates.
Plesk 12.5.30 Update 60
- PHP 7.0 was updated to version 7.0.16.
Plesk 12.5.30 Update 59
- API requests referring to a domain name including letters with umlauts or a number of other special symbols could not be completed successfully. (PPPM-5563)
- On CentOS7.3 servers, selinux blocked the
setrlimit()syscall for nginx processes. (PPPM-5516)
- On servers with phpMyAdmin version 126.96.36.199 installed, users could not execute routines. (PPPM-5413)
- On servers with phpMyAdmin version 188.8.131.52 installed, exporting a MySQL database in the .sql format resulted in a malformed database dump that could not be imported. (PPPM-5418)
- On servers with phpMyAdmin version 184.108.40.206 installed, database users could not be added via phpMyAdmin. (PPPM-5428)
Third-Party Component Updates
- phpMyAdmin was updated to version 4.6.6.
Plesk 12.5.30 Update 58
Third-Party Component Updates
- PHP 7.0 was updated to version 7.0.15.
- PHP 5.6 was updated to version 5.6.30.
Plesk Migrator Update 2.4
- During migration of mail content from a custom panel, it is now possible to define configuration settings like for a subscription content. In particular, it is possible to specify files or directories that should be excluded from copying or to define advanced file mapping.
- A subscription belonging to a reseller could not be synchronized with an add-on service plan after migration. (PMT-3413)
- Post-migration checks did not detect error messages or warnings on a web page in case when the HTTP code and the title of the web page were identical on the source server and on the target server. (PMT-3388)
- During migration from a custom panel, post-migration checks were run for an enabled subscription with disabled main domain. As a result, error messages were reported. Now no post-migration checks are run in this case. (PMT-3378)
- During migration from a custom panel, post-migration checks failed if a subscription had an add-on domain with an IP address other than the subscription’s IP address. (PMT-3371)
- Post-migration checks did not detect some typical PHP error messages or warnings on web pages. (PMT-3389)
- Migration could not be started on CentOs 5. (PMT-3417)
- An unclear error message was displayed during migration if the configuration files of migrated applications contained non-unicode symbols. As a result, the adjusting of all other applications of the migrated subscription failed. (PMT-3398)
- An unclear error message was displayed during migration if WordPress configuration files contained non-UTF-8 symbols. As a result, the adjusting of a particular WordPress instance failed. (PMT-3400)
- Plesk Migrator can now be configured to detect the scriptiong settings (PHP version, ASP.NET version, ASP) of a subscription on the source server and migrate them properly.
- Migration from a custom panel failed if the hosting description contained binary data in password fields of hosting description. (PMT-3390)
- If the web.config file of a web site contained XML namespaces, the web site could stop functioning after migration. (PMT-3387)
- Migration could fail if many (more than 10000) application files were changed during adjusting. (PMT-3409)
- Some errors related to Microsoft SQL Server were not reported in Plesk Migrator log. (PMT-3362)
- If migration of a Microsoft SQL Server database failed, Plesk Migrator added a database dump to an existing dump file during each new attempt to migrate, thus increasing the size of the dump file. (PMT-3411)
Plesk 12.5.30 Update 57
- Under specific circumstances, users were unable to log in to Plesk via the Plesk Mobile application. (PPPM-5388)
- CentOS 7.3 is now supported.
- On CentOS 7 x64 servers, users could not connect to the server via FTP. (PPPM-5477)
- Migrating a lot of objects into SmarterMail simultaneously sometimes resulted in “Failed to log in” error messages being logged. (PPPM-5468)
- If SmarterMail was used as the mail server, mailing lists could not be created. (PPPM-3928)
Plesk Migrator Update 2.3.2
- A new mode was added to migration from Confixx so that mail users will be able to log in to their mail accounts on the target server with their original usernames and passwords.
- During migration from cPanel, it is now possible to change the document root of a migrated domain.
- It is now possible to migrate mail content to/from Plesk Onyx using a remote SmarterMail server.
- Domain alias could not be migrated if its name was present in the DNS template. (PMT-3340)
- During migration, long FTP user names (with 16 or more symbols) were truncated to 15 symbols. Now the maximum length for FTP names is 16 symbols that corresponds to the limitation of Plesk. (PMT-3320)
- An error occured during adjusting application files after migration if the file names contained non-ASCII symbols. (PMT-3334)
- The description of copy content options in Plesk Migrator user interface was insufficient. (PMT-3330)
- Migration of additional users associated with a subscription was performed incorrectly. As a result, the corresponding subscription could fail to migrate.(PMT-3351)
- Web content could not be migrated from cPanel, Confixx, or Parallels Pro Control Panel for Linux, if CageFS was enabled on the source or target server. (PMT-3333)
- Mail users having the permission to log in to Plesk on the source server could not log in to Plesk on the target server after migration. (PMT-3354)
- Mail flags and folders were lost during migration from hMailServer 3. (PMT-2943)
- Migration to/from Plesk failed if the Plesk database had a name other than ‘psa’. (PMT-3329)
Plesk 12.5.30 Update 56
- PHP versions 5.6 and 7.0 shipped by Plesk now come with the
- A number of updates to the Plesk locale.
- Plesk administrator could get locked out of the Plesk interface in Power User view if there were no shared IP addresses and no unassigned IP addresses on the server. (PPPM-4870)
- Virtual environment detection has been improved.
- Mailbox size was reported incorrectly if the directory storing the mailbox data was stored on a partition with a specific file system (e.g. xfs). (PPPM-5115)
- Entries from the ModSecurity log were not displayed in the Log Browser. (PPPM-4694)
Plesk 12.5.30 Update 55
Third-Party Component Updates
- PHP 7.0 was updated to version 7.0.14.
- PHP 5.6 was updated to version 5.6.29.
Plesk Migrator Update 2.2.2
- Mail migration from hMailServer 5 is now supported.
- During migration from cPanel, it is now possible to change document root of a subscription or a domain.
- Migration of mail messages using the IMAP protocol from any custom server is now possible.
- Administrator can now switch on automatic post-migration checks after migration.
- After migration using the IMAP protocol, all messages on the source server were marked as read. (PMT-2939)
- It was impossible to migrate several aliases of the same mail account. (PMT-3190)
- It was impossible to enable automatic deployment of RPC agent after an attempt to start migration with manual deployment of RPC agent. (PMT-3229)
- After custom migration, post-migration checks log file could contain error messages related to fake subscriptions that were created for grouping domains into a single subscirption on the target server during migration. (PMT-2861)
- In some cases, migration from Plesk failed if TLSv1.0 was disabled on the target server. (PMT-3276)
- Migration failed if there were no ‘apache’ user on the source server. (PMT-3213)
- If the Plesk Migrator extension installation failed, no error messages were displayed in the Plesk user interface. (PMT-3204)
- An incorrect message was displayed during migration of a subscription using a database with several tables. (PMT-3198)
5 December 2016
- Plesk administrators can now configure custom store hostname in the panel.ini file to be able to resell Plesk extensions in their own online store.
- WordPress 4.7 is now supported.
- phpMyAdmin was updated to version 220.127.116.11.
- MySQL databases moved from one subscription to another could not be opened in phpMyAdmin if both subscriptions used a single database user to manage all databases. (PPPM-5251)
- BIND DNS Server was updated to version 9.10.4-P4.
14 November 2016
- PHP 7.0 was updated to version 7.0.13.
- PHP 5.6 was updated to version 5.6.28.
7 November 2016
- Users could not manage the WordPress administrator credentials via the WordPress Toolkit if WordPress version 4.6.1 or later was installed. (PPPM-5112)
- Scheduled tasks were executed in different environments depending on whether the user pressed ‘Run Now’ on the ‘Scheduled Tasks’ screen or the ‘Edit Task’ screen. (PPPM-4888)
Plesk Migrator 2.1.10
- Mail content from custom hosting was always migrated in one thread regardless of the configuration file settings. (PMT-3215)
- Migration of big files (in particular, database dump files) from a Windows server was too slow. (PMT-3214)
- Migration from Windows server with manual RPC agent deployment could not be started if the built-in administrator password of the source server was not specified. (PMT-3228)
- During migration from Confixx, all domains were dumped without “www” prefix, so that “www”-records were absent in the domain’s DNS zone after the migration. (PMT-3209)
- Migration of a subscription content started only after all hosting objects had been created in all migrated subscriptions. (PMT-3216)
24 October 2016
- Updated additional keys for ISV extensions could not be retrieved. (PPP-26447)
- Renewing the Let’s Encrypt certificate or updating hosting settings for a domain resulted in the PHP handlers for all its subdomains being set to match the one used on the parent domain. (PPPM-4972)
Plesk Migrator 2.1.8
- Mail content can now be migrated from hMailServer 5.
- Plesk Migrator can now be installed from Plesk Extensions Catalog on Linux.
- In some cases, restoration of Microsoft SQL database or MySQL database on Windows failed with an error on access to the dump. (PMT-3187)
- Secondary transfer of a mail message without header to SmarterMail failed. (PMT-3189)
- When a subscription was migrated from Plesk Expand with Centralized Mail server, mail service was disabled on the target server. (PMT-3148)
- The Overview tab of the Plesk Migrator user interface had bad appearance when some particular Plesk skins were used. (PMT-3201)
- Sites having errors on both source and target servers were marked as migrated with errors during the post-migration check.(PMT-3172)
- An add-on domain could not be migrated if a DNS record corresponding to its name already existed in the target server’s DNS template. (PMT-2580)
18 October 2016
- PHP 5.6 was updated to version 5.6.27.
Plesk Migrator 2.1.4
- Migration from Plesk Onyx was blocked in case of data inconsistency on a source server. (PMT-3175)
17 October 2016
- PHP 7.0 was updated to version 7.0.12.
26 September 2016
- PHP 7.0 was updated to version 7.0.11.
- PHP 5.6 was updated to version 5.6.26.
- Selecting the Chinese language in phpMyAdmin interface settings resulted in the English language being used instead. (PPPM-4944)
15 September 2016
- (CentOS5/Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5) MySQL 5.5 was updated to version 5.5.52.
- On CentOS 5 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 servers, MySQL 5.5 was updated to the latest version because earlier versions were affected by the MySQL Remote Root Code Execution / Privilege Escalation vulnerabilities (CVE-2016-6662) and (CVE-2016-6663). See KB article https://kb.plesk.com/en/129745 for more information. (PPPM-4931)
- MySQL used for the Plesk database was updated to version 5.5.52.
- MySQL used for customer databases was updated to version 5.6.33.
- MySQL 5.5 used for the Plesk database and MySQL 5.6 used for customer databases were updated to the latest version because earlier versions were affected by the MySQL Remote Root Code Execution / Privilege Escalation vulnerabilities (CVE-2016-6662) and (CVE-2016-6663). See KB article https://kb.plesk.com/en/129745 for more information. (PPPM-4933)
12 September 2016
- PHP 5.6 was updated to version 5.6.25.
- PHP 7.0 was updated to version 7.0.10.
Web Presence Builder 12.5.30
- The Map module did not work correctly because Google Maps required the API key. (PPB-4467)
- If several Navigation modules were added to the web site, and the first added module was configured to display not all levels, multiple navigation worked incorrectly on mobile devices.(PPB-4465)
- The Getting Started video was not available. (PPB-4460)
- If an external image was added to a web site, it was converted to a wrong relative image link and was displayed as a broken image on a published web site. (PPB-4450)
- Language change was not applied correctly to some site templates. (PPB-4449)
- Some site templates slowed down publishing of a web site. (PPB-4447)
- The robots.txt file could not be edited in Web Presence Builder settings if Google services were disabled. (PPB-4446)
- If an image with transparent background was used on a web site, the white color was used for the background instead.(PPB-4445)
- The “title” attribute of an image added while editing HTML source, was not saved after clicking the “Save/Update” button in the editor.(PPB-4443)
- The confirmation dialog of removing an image contained the word “Continue” twice when Russian language was used in the user interface. (PPB-4433)
- Incorrect highlighting of menu items was used for the Navigation module. (PPB-4430)
- If more than one Contact Form modules were added, only one of the contact forms could be edited. (PPB-4425)
- Temporary files were not removed from the “/usr/local/sb/tmp” directory after the site publishing. (PPB-4419)
- The “Optimize the website for viewing on mobile devices” option was applied to a web site even if it was not selected. (PPB-4418)
- If the first page of a web site had an empty Page link name, the redirect loop could occur when browsing the web site. (PPB-4414)
- In some cases a web site was published with confusing error messages in the log file. (PPB-4410)
- A web site design could not be exported to a file via clicking “Design > Templates > Export Design”. (PPB-4408)
- Documents and images failed to upload in Internet Explorer of the versions 9, 10, and 11. (PPB-4406)
- If the “Page name in browser’s title bar” setting was changed in one language for a web site with multiple languages, the change was applied to other languages as well. (PPB-4403)
- The web site design could not be changed in case when a Banner module was located in a hidden sidebar.(PPB-4299)
- After moving an image within the text module, the “src” attribute of the image was changed on the published web site. (PPB-2649)
- Restoration of a snapshot of a web site took too long time and resulted with an error in the panel.log file. (PPB-4466)
29 August 2016
- WordPress security improvements.
- Plesk load speed improved for Chinese users.
- Restoring Plesk backups resulted in subscription IP addresses being changed if a dedicated outgoing IP address for mail was configured on the server. (PPPM-4089)
15 August 2016
- Roundcube was updated to version 1.2.1.
- In WordPress Toolkit, activating or updating multiple plugins or themes at once resulted in an error. (PPPM-4249)
- Configuring log file rollover by schedule in IIS caused issues with statistics calculation. (PPPM-4521)
8 August 2016
- Trying to scan for WordPress installations stopped certain operations in Plesk from working properly. (PPPM-4721)
- Generating SSL certificates for DomainKeys failed with the “openssl failed: Empty error message from utility” error if a removable drive was mounted on the server and assigned the drive letter F: (PPPM-3998)
- Customer passwords contained in Plesk backups created via a scheduled task and saved to the FTP repository were encrypted even if the “Use password protection” option was disabled. (PPPM-4774)
- Trying to manage WordPress version 4.6 via the WordPress Toolkit resulted in an error. (PPPM-4777)
- Trying to create a customer belonging to a reseller in Plesk resulted in the “The plan was not applied: Hosting performance settings management” error. (PPPM-4724)
- The Apache web server shipped with Plesk was affected by the HTTPoxy vulnerability. (PPPM-4799)
1 August 2016
- Plesk users could have been affected by the HTTPoxy vulnerability (CVE-2016-5385, CVE-2016-5386, CVE-2016-5387, CVE-2016-5388, CVE-2016-1000109, and CVE-2016-1000110). See KB article #129391 for more information. (PPPM-4733, PPPM-4763)
25 July 2016
- PHP 5.5 was updated to version 5.5.38.
- PHP 5.6 was updated to version 5.6.24.
- PHP 7.0 was updated to version 7.0.9.
- On CentOS 5 x64 servers, Plesk admin received hourly failure notifications via email because the “plesk-php-cleanuper” cron task failed. (PPPM-4727)
- Maximum bandwidth in service plan settings could not exceed 31 MB/s. (PPPM-4711)
11 July 2016
- The default PHP “open_basedir” value was missing from the configuration files. (PPPM-4595)
- On CloudLinux 7 x64 servers, running scheduled tasks manually resulted in them being executed outside of CageFS. (PPPM-4475)
- After upgrading from Plesk 11.0 or earlier to Plesk 12.5, if Microsoft DNS Server was used, users could no longer manage DNS settings. (PPPM-4688)
4 July 2016
- PHP 5.5 was updated to version 5.5.37.
- PHP 5.6 was updated to version 5.6.23.
- PHP 7.0 was updated to version 7.0.8.
- Opening a scheduled backup task in the Plesk interface enabled the “Mail configuration and content” and “User files and databases” options for that task. (PPPM-4160, PPPM-4657)
- Using the
init_conf.exeutility with the
-hostname-not-requiredoption resulted in an error. (PPPM-4643)
- When creating a subscription based on a service plan with the disk space quota of 1 MB, physical hosting could not be created if the subscription name was longer than 16 symbols. (PPPM-4648)
- Microsoft SQL database migration improvements: now the dump of the source server is created by means of Microsoft SQL and the interaction with the database server is performed from the source server, thus solving the problem of connection from the remote servers.
- Improvements of mail content migration on Windows: copying of mail content is now faster, the content is synchronized during the repeated migration so that only new emails are copied.
- Migration of subscription permissions on Windows was optimized for better performance in case of large amount of directories.
- Hosting description samples were added to the Plesk Migrator extension. (PMT-2732)
- Plesk Migrator user interface could become unavailable in case of problems of migration session directory. (PMT-2953)
- Migration failed if a subscription contained additional users with passwords in wrong Base64 encoding. (PMT-2933)
- Confusing error messages were displayed after removing of the Plesk Migrator extension (PMT-2912)
- Migration of Microsoft SQL database failed in case when Microsoft SQL server was running under a custom user. (PMT-2888)
- Migration from Confixx was blocked in case when some binary data was present in database fields on the source server. (PMT-2884)
- Error reporting was unclear in case of Plesk migration for some non-English Windows localizations. (PMT-2877)
- Migration from custom hosting: Post-migration checks were applied for all subscriptions and not only for those that were selected for migration. (PMT-2876)
- The check-infrastructure command in CLI failed if it was run before the check command. (PMT-2874)
- After migration from Plesk on Windows some temporary data remained on the source server. (PMT-2873)
- If business model for a domain was not converted after upgrade from Plesk 9.5 to Plesk 10.1 on a source server, such a domain was not included into a migration list. (PMT-2867)
- Migration from custom hosting: Plesk Migrator tried to add the “www” prefix to a domain with wildcard in name when this option was not allowed by Plesk. (PMT-2865)
- In case database is switched from source to target without actual data transfer (DB assimilation), no any messages about this were included into the info.log file during migration. (PMT-2860)
- In some cases additional users of subscription could get wrong email address after migration. (PMT-2859)
- Migration on Linux failed if the “root” user’s home directory pointed not to /root. (PMT-2856)
- Migration from Confixx failed if a domain contained several subdomains with forwarding from one to another by chain. (PMT-2852)
- Migration list generation is blocked if a subscription is associated with absent add-on service plan or if add-on service plan belongs to another owner. (PMT-2837)
- Migration failed for a subscription with dublicated DNS records. (PMT-2829)
- Migration of a protected directory from Confixx failed if the directory name contained spaces (PMT-2826)
- Every next call of the dump agent cleared the logs of a previous call of dump agent in the migration session directory. (PMT-2822)
- In case DNS service was turned off on the source server Plesk Migrator still verified if it is enabled on the target server. (PMT-2821)
- Migration on Windows failed if the Windows dump agent output contained some garbage caused by third-party DLLs. (PMT-2799)
- Migration on Windows failed when IPv6 was used for connection to a target Plesk server. (PMT-2794)
27 June 2016
- The notification about upgrade availability in Plesk Installer has been improved.
- A number of security enhancements.
- When extracting files from an archive using the File Manager, existing files could not be overwritten. (PPPM-4253)
- No FTP user was created in IIS when adding additional FTP accounts for suspended domains in Plesk. (PPPM-4438)
- After changing the IPv4 IP address for a subscription, the IP address change was not applied to additional FTP accounts created in Plesk. (PPPM-4440)
14 June 2016
- The support for the Catalan language was added to Plesk.
- The subscription owner could not be changed if the password for a database user belonging to the subscription could not be decrypted. (PPPM-4606)
- Users browsing the Plesk interface in Power User view were sometimes redirected to a blank page. (PPPM-4607)
- CentOS 6.8 is now supported.
- CentOS 7.2 is now supported.
- Plesk users were affected by the OpenSSL Padding Oracle vulnerability (CVE-2016-2107) and the BIO excessive memory allocation vulnerability (CVE-2016-2109). See KB article #129147 for more information. (PPPM-4520)
6 June 2016
- In Plesk statistics, disk space and traffic usage values were displayed in megabytes instead of gigabytes, resulting in unnecessarily large and hard to read numbers. (PPPM-4536)
- nginx was updated to version 1.11.1 (CVE-2016-4450).
30 May 2016
- PHP 5.5 was updated to version 5.5.36.
- PHP 5.6 was updated to version 5.6.22.
- PHP 7.0 was updated to version 7.0.7.
- The ALPN (Application-Layer Protocol Negotiation) support for nginx was added to Plesk, making HTTP/2 available in the Chrome browser. Applicable to Plesk for CentOS 7, RHEL 7, Cloudlinux 7, Ubuntu 14, and Debian 8. For details, refer to https://kb.plesk.com/en/128733
24 May 2016
Linux (CentOS, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, or CloudLinux only)
- After upgrading system PHP, the /var/lib/php/session directory could get wrong permissions and PHP sites could work incorrectly. (PPPM-4558)
23 May 2016
- Due to branding changes, the “catalog.marketplace.parallels.com” links where changed to “apscatalog.com” in Plesk.
- Localization was improved.
- Migration was blocked in case when some subscription was associated with an add-on of another owner. (PMT-2825)
- The root MySQL password could be displayed in the migration process list, thus, leading to insecurity. (PMT-2835)
- Statistics could not be collected on Windows. (PMT-2824)
- If domain forwarders were present on the Plesk source server, the migration was blocked. (PMT-2830)
11 May 2016
- PHP 5.5 was updated to version 5.5.35.
- PHP 5.6 was updated to version 5.6.21.
- PHP 7.0 was updated to version 7.0.6.
- WordPress installs put into maintenance mode using a WordPress plugin could no longer be managed via the WordPress Toolkit. (PPPM-4442)
- User sessions could not be created via Plesk XML API if the Plesk license on the server was expired or if license limits were exceeded. (PPPM-4435)
- Technical error reports submitted from the Plesk interface (Tools & Settings > Support) were not delivered if the license server was inaccessible. (PPPM-4340)
- SmarterMail 15 is now supported.
- Changing FTP user passwords took a long time on subscriptions with a large number of domains. (PPPM-4481)
- Trying to install a specific version of Plesk via the Plesk installer web interface failed if the installer executable for that version had already been downloaded. (PPPM-4453)
28 April 2016
- Adding or editing records in a database table in phpMyAdmin 4.6 could cause the error: “Class ‘PMA_Util’ not found in libraries/insert_edit.lib.php”. (PPPM-4423, PPPM-4446)
- FTPS connections to ProFTPD of a version earlier than 1.3.5d could be vulnerable due to incorrect handling of the TLSDHParamFile directive. (PPPM-4428)
- During migration on Windows, the provided user accounts on source and target servers are now validated to have enough privileges to perform all required operations. On the migration settings screen, it is possible to select if the RPC agent should be installed automatically or manually.
- During migration from Confixx, cPanel, and Helm 3, a warning message is displayed if the user passwords hashing methods do not conform to the MySQL settings on the target server.
- Migration was blocked if a target server had a default MySQL server on a non-default port. (PMT-2743)
- Additional users were not transferred after migration of a customer or a subscription belonging to a reseller. (PMT-2728)
- In some cases, the number of subscriptions that were migrated unsuccessfully was calculated incorrectly. (PMT-2773)
- In case of source Plesk database inconsistency, DNS records could be duplicated during migration on Linux. (PMT-2462)
- Migration stopped if there were no shared IPv6 addresses on a target server and a source server contained a shared IPv6 address.(PMT-2785)
- Copying of all DB and mail content did not start unless file content copying is finished.
- The keep alive time of RPC agent could not be configured, so the idle RPC agent connections could be dropped while executing of time consuming operations on the source server. (PMT-2753)
- Migration log accessible via the Plesk user interface contained suggestions to perform some operations via CLI. (PMT-2576)
25 April 2016
- The set of cyphers for HTTP/2 was changed for better compliance with different browsers (in particular, Safari 9) and operating systems (in particular, OS X Yosemite), with preservation of high security level. See the details here. (PPPM-4419)
18 April 2016
- phpMyAdmin was updated to version 4.6.0.
- The link displayed in the event of a Plesk exception led to www.odin.com instead of www.plesk.com. (PPPM-4339)
- The “Support” link on the “Tools&Settings” screen of the Plesk interface led to www.odin.com instead of www.plesk.com. (PPPM-4355)
- Users could not log in to WordPress using the “admin” user credentials, even if administrative access was granted to the user during installation. (PPPM-4349)
- On Windows 2012 x64 servers, the creation of multi-volume backups failed if the customer data included one or more files of the size greater than the specified volume size. (PPPM-4323)
11 April 2016
- The support for HTTP/2 was added to Plesk. Learn more about this feature here.
- The support for the Hebrew language was added to Plesk.
- A number of updates to the Plesk locale.
- PHP 7.0 was updated to version 7.0.5.
- PHP 5.5 was updated to version 5.5.34.
- PHP 5.6 was updated to version 5.6.20.
- Encrypted data in Plesk backups made with the
plesk bin pleskbackuputility using the
--backup-passwordoption could not be restored. (PPPM-4306)
- Plesk PHP-FPM packages now include patches for LVE support.
- nginx was updated to version 1.9.14.
28 March 2016
- The CLI utility for managing WordPress installations was updated to support WordPress version 4.5.
- Security improvements.
- MySQL procedure could not be created in Plesk 12.5. (PPPM-3592)
- A number of popular applications having long filenames in installation packages (such as Magento, TYPO3, and Drupal 8) can now be installed on Windows. (PPPM-1663)
21 March 2016
- Disk space used by addon domains was not included in total disk usage for subscriptions. (PPPM-4212)
- Errors in external modules could result in Plesk becoming inaccessible. (PPPM-3101)
- Plesk firewall rules sometimes failed to load after server restart, which could result in the server becoming inaccessible. (PPPM-3993)
- On CloudLinux 6.7 servers, hosted websites displayed the Apache default page instead of the website content in if the httpd service was being monitored by Watchdog. (PPPM-3457)
- Trying to fix WordPress permissions via the Plesk interface could result in an error if the ulimit parameter for processes running under the psaadm user was too low. (PPPM-4076)
- BIND was updated to version 9.10.3-P4 (CVE-2016-1285, CVE-2016-1286, CVE-2016-2088).
- The support for IceWarp version 11.4 was added (note: when using IceWarp 11.4 with Plesk, setting a mail account password that does not meet the IceWarp complexity policy will result in an exception).
- Trying to create a backup in Plesk could fail if the amount of free disk space on the server was very large. (PPPM-4220)
11 March 2016
- PHP5.5 version was updated to 5.5.33.
- PHP5.6 version was updated to 5.6.19.
- PHP7 version was updated to 7.0.4.
- Logos, links, and the copyright text in the Plesk user interface were updated to reflect the new brand.
- If a domain with a Let’s Encrypt certificate was removed, another Let’s Encrypt certificate could not be installed on the domain if it was re-created. (PPPM-4166)
- Databases with one or more database users with no privileges could not be removed via the user interface or CLI. (PPPM-4197)
- ModSecurity could not be used in Plesk if the “Atomic ModSecurity” ruleset installation failed. (PPPM-3733)
- Mail forwarded locally was rejected by the greylisting service and could not be delivered. (PPPM-3800)
- On Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 x64 servers, Plesk installation failed. (PPPM-4218)
3 March 2016
- phpMyAdmin was updated to version 4.5.5.
- Users can now create an event handler triggering on a customer changing the interface language in Plesk.
- Latest versions of some applications in the Application Vault were unavailable on Plesk 12.5 servers. (PPPM-4071)
- A PHP notice message was logged in the panel.ini log file during the restoration of backups in Plesk, even if the restoration was successful. (PPPM-4122)
- Resellers could see sessions of customers owned by the administrator and other resellers in the “Active Plesk Sessions” menu. (PPPM-4109)
- When creating or editing SRV DNS records via the Plesk interface resulted in the contents of the “target host” field being truncated. (PPPM-3581)
- On Ubuntu 12.04 servers, the Apache service could not be started after performing dist-upgrade. (PPPM-4128)
- On CentOS 7 x64 servers, adding IPv6 addresses via the ipmanage utility resulted in the subnet mask being set to /0 for the first additional ipv6 address if multiple additional IP addresses were added. (PPPM-3984)
- Users could delete and edit tasks scheduled under the root user even if the root.crontab.lock file was created. (PPPM-4034)
- On Ubuntu 14.04 x64 servers, trying to install the Plesk update #23 resulted in an error message. (PPPM-4126)
- The support for Let’s Encrypt was added to Plesk.
19 February 2016
- A Plesk user with only the “DNS Management” permission granted could not access DNS settings. (PPPM-3653)
- The “/user/bin/mailq” command for checking mail queue hanged on some operating systems. (PPP-17980, PPPM-3434)
- The rewrite directives from the .htaccess file did not work if PHP support was enabled with the PHP-FPM handler on Apache. (PPPM-3875)
- The “plesk-panel” Fail2ban jail could be circumvented by using Plesk XML API. (PPP-12085)
15 February 2016
- PHP5.5 version was updated to 5.5.32
- PHP5.6 version was updated to 5.6.18
- PHP7 version was updated to 7.0.3
- MySQL database triggers were not restored from backup.
- MySQL database views were not restored from backup, if the value of the “Default settings for remote access of database users” option in Database Hosting Settings was changed to “Allow local connections only”. (PPPM-3628)
- Dr. Web key was not updated after running the Daily Maintenance Task.
- BIND DNS Server version was updated to 9.10.3-P3
- When the value of the “max_input_vars” parameter in PHP settings was changed via the user interface, this change was not saved in the info.php file. (PPPM-4023)
10 February 2016
- The support for Hungarian and Arabic languages was added to Plesk.
- Plesk’s XML API returned TXT DNS records in lower case. (PPPM-3848)
- Tabs in the Server-Wide Mail Settings were not available in Plesk for mobile devices. (PPPM-3768)
- If the database server was restarted during long backups, some data was not backed up. (PPPM-3941)
- When attempting to install a license for Plesk for VPS on QEMU/KVM environment, users received the error “The license key is invalid”. (PPPM-3575)
- Crontab sent extra notifications to users. (PPPM-2477, PPPM-3437)
- After creating the file “root.crontab.lock” in the directory “/usr/local/psa/var”, the administrator was still able to access the cron jobs created for the root user. (PPPM-3660)
- It was possible to assign a disk space quota for web users separately from subscription’s system users. (PPPM-3625)
- The support for ionCube Loader was added to Plesk.
- Plesk’s XML API changed DNS records to lower case for domains with domain names in mixed case. (PPPM-3899)
- Upgrade from Plesk 12.0 took a lot of time. (PPPM-3937)
- In some cases, users were unable to configure the limit on outgoing massages for a domain. (PPPM-3650)
25 January 2016
- The links to social media in Plesk were corrected. (PPPM-3804)
- If the “max_execution_time” PHP parameter of a domain was set to default in the Plesk user interface, the wrong value was set in the custom php.ini file of the domain. (PPPM-3773)
25 January 2016
- PHP5.5 version was updated to 5.5.31.
- PHP5.6 version was updated to 5.6.17.
- PHP7 version was updated to 7.0.2.
- The database connection strings in configuration files of the installed applications are now correctly replaced after migration.
- Passwords are now stored in the environment variables instead of the config.ini file to avoid potential security issues.
- After migration to a server with a newer version of IIS, the web configuration is now correctly rebuilt.
- Database server version is now checked during migration to avoid possible issues.
- Windows migration agent was updated to support Plesk Onyx.
- Now Plesk Migrator restores contact data of a customer or a reseller even if one or more fields does not conform to Plesk rules.
- New metrics were added to the migration report.
- Secure FTP service is no longer used for files transfer.
- Migration from servers with Chinese locale on Windows did not work. (PMT-2465)
- In some cases, DNS records were duplicated after migration (PMT-2462)
- After migration from Confixx, only httpdocs and logs web directories were migrated instead of the whole users home directory. (PMT-2459)
- Domains with incorrect units of DNS zone properties could not be migrated, and an unclear error message was shown. (PMT-2464)
- The links to log files were lost after migration from Confixx. (PMT-2463)
- In some cases Plesk Migrator user interface displayed an error while migration continued correctly. (PMT-2470)
- During migration from Helm 3, the migration agent activity was not copied to the log completely. (PMT-2458)
- Web page statistic was not available after migration from cPanel.(PMT-2433)
- If database restoration failed after migration, three errors occurred with three database dump files consuming much disk space. (PMT-2448)
- During migration from Confixx, some calls for getting variables from the configuration file were duplicated. (PMT-2452)
- Error messages were displayed after migration of domains with national symbols in names and frame forwarding enabled. (PMT-2245)
- Additional users with weak passwords could not be created on the target server on Windows. (PMT-2377)
- After migration from cPanel, mail disk usage was displayed incorrectly in the Plesk user interface. (PMT-2447)
- The message “The traffic statistics retention time on some domains is less than the server-wide value” was classified as an error instead of a warning in the migration report. (PMT-2006)
- If MySQL database restoration failed after migration, the information about three failed attempts was added to the migration report. (PMT-2076)
- A pop-up window with unclear error message was shown in some cases during migration from Plesk 9.5 to Plesk 12.5 on Linux. (PMT-2454)
- A service plan could not be created if a suitable PHP handler could not be found on the target server. (PMT-2471)
- Domains with dedicated IIS pool on Windows failed to migrate. (PMT-2456)
- Migration failed if the “Very strong” password policy was enabled on the target Plesk server on Linux. (PMT-2508)
- Migration failed if the temporary directory was created on a drive other than the C drive on the source server. (PMT-2502)
- Migration failed if there were two separate subscriptions with the same name, but with the “www” prefix and without it. (PMT-2455)
- Plesk Migrator did not check links with the “www” prefix for domains without this prefix in their name. (PMT-2355)
- The “index.htm” file was not set as the default index file after migration from cPanel and legacy panels like Helm. (PMT-2356)
29 December 2015
- Roundcube version was updated to 1.1.4.
24 December 2015
- PHP version 7.0 was updated to 7.0.1.
- Users could not update hosting settings via API-RPC if the mod_perl module was not installed. (PPPM-3796)
- Obsolete files for SSL certificates issues using the Let’s Encrypt extension were not removed after certificate renewal. (PPPM-3778)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.2 and CentOS 7.2 are now supported.
- On Plesk for Windows servers, the opcache module is enabled by default for PHP 7.0. (PPPM-3714)
21 December 2015
- The XML API request changing PHP settings of a domain failed if the domain name contained an Umlaut symbol. (PPPM-3585)
- Web site preview did not work after upgrade from an earlier version if nginx was not installed. (PPPM-3746)
- After running the “plesk repair installation -n” command the Plesk installation was reconfigured despite of using the “-n” option. (PPPM-3521)
- If Apache graceful restart was enabled in Plesk, the domain configuration could not be changed. (PPPM-3583)
- Administrator could not retrieve an additional license key for the MagicSpam extension. (PPPM-3672)
- If the SmarterMail server installed on the Plesk server was unavailable, Plesk automatically switched to another mail server or to “None” if no other mail servers were installed. (PPPM-3716)
- If subscription options were changed many times (more than 65000) than it was impossible to do any operation with Plesk. (PPPM-3738)
- It is possible to run custom shell scripts after subscriptions migration.
- Domains without physical hosting can be migrated from custom hosting platform.
- It is possible to migrate to Plesk when it is in Power User mode.
- Timestamps were added into the Plesk Migrator log files.
- In case of many domains migration took too long time because of non-optimal algorithm. (PMT-2244)
- Customers and domains belonging to an administrator were not included into migration list if the administrator’s ID was not equal to 1. (PMT-2426)
- Wrong permissions were assigned to subscription files having non-unicode symbols. (PMT-2287)
- In some cases, Plesk Migrator displayed a confusing pop-up error message after starting migration. (PMT-2348)
- The migration settings changed in the Plesk Migrator user interface were not saved if the migration failed to start. (PMT-2391)
- The information that the ports 10155 and 10156 should be opened for migration on Windows was added into the Plesk Migrator installation documentation. (PMT-2246)
- When a service plan was created via the XML API, the first attempt to migrate the domains assigned to the created service plan failed. (PMT-2402)
11 December 2015
- WordPress Toolkit now supports WordPress version 4.4. More information can be found here.
- When an HTML file with Cyrillic symbols was opened in the HTML editor in the File Manager, it was corrupted. (PPPM-3599)
- A confusing warning message was displayed when disabling the “Setup of potentially insecure web scripting options that override provider’s policy” permission for a service plan. (PPPM-3609)
- In some cases, scheduled tasks of a subscription could not be edited. (PPPM-3694)
- The SOA DNS record of a domain alias could not be synchronized with the SOA DNS record of the domain even if the “Synchronize DNS zone with the primary domain” option was selected. (PPPM-3087)
- The XML API request for retrieving certificates could not get certificates for subdomains. (PPPM-3706)
- The “File Size” column in the File Manager of a subscription was not updated after clicking “Calculate Size”. (PPPM-3712)
- Choosing “Typical” or “Full” during Plesk installation did not result in PHP 7.0.0 being installed. (PPPM-3692)
- Migration from cPanel was blocked when there were inconsistencies in the reseller’s file on the source server. (PMT-2409)
- In some cases, Migration from Linux servers failed with an unclear “Channel closed” message. (PMT-2396)
- Many confusing errors were written to the log after migrating from cPanel to Plesk for Linux, if invalid blacklist/whitelist patterns were added in the SpamAssassin configuration on the source server. (PMT-2407)
- Migration from cPanel on Linux was blocked if the source server was configured to use a remote MySQL database server. (PMT-2408)
- When mail forwarding was configured for an email address on cPanel before migration to Plesk for Linux, Plesk Migrator tried to copy the mail content for forwarding email even if the corresponding mailbox was not enabled. (PMT-2068)
07 December 2015
- PHP 7.0.0 on Plesk 12.5 is now available out of the box! More information can be found here.
- PHP version 5.6 was updated to 5.6.16.
- Incremental backup overwrote the full backup saved to FTP. (PPPM-3637)
- The “httpdmng –reconfigure-all” command worked incorrectly when Plesk database was inconsistent. (PPP-18039)
- When mail account password was changed via XML API, mail aliases of this mail account were deleted. (PPPM-3663, PPP-19000)
- An error occured when downloading ModSecurity log file from Plesk user unterface. (PPPM-3678)
- The “IP address ban period” field in Fail2ban jail configuration did not accept negative numbers, therefore it was impossible to set a permanent ban. (PPPM-3539)
- Server scheduled backup tasks and ModSecurity settings were not included into the full server backup after modifying the parameters related to the web server settings in the Plesk database. (PPPM-3640)
- Plesk Video tutorials were not available to French or Italian users.(PPPM-3665)
- A custom button related to an extension was duplicated each time when a search filter was applied. (PPPM-3666)
- File Manager did not work for additional domains if the main domain was disabled. (PPP-17691)
- The “init_conf” command line utility required administrator’s personal information even if the “-admin_info_not_required true” option was used. (PPPM-3664)
- Suspended subscriptions were not included into the full-server backup. (PPPM-3468)
- It is possible to perform migration from cPanel and Confixx to Plesk via the user interface.
- The format of the input data validation was improved: the data are now specified in correct sections, the fields contain correct data.
- The migration list is generated faster for Plesk on Linux.
- The transfer agent is deployed faster on the first execution of migrator on Windows.
- Copying of web content was blocked during migration from Confixx when domain forwarding was switched on. (PMT-2324)
- In some cases migration on Linux was blocked if a particular IP address was specified for outgoing mail of a mail server. (PMT-2343)
- Migration was blocked if a subscription was assigned to an add-on plan. (PMT-2346)
- Confusing notifications were sent to customers during migration. (PMT-2345)
- Migration of domains with long names was not possible on Windows. (PMT-1969)
- Customization of the configuration files of the applications from APS Catalog could be lost after migration. (PMT-2372)
- During migration from Confixx, protected directories could not be created if a username contained spaces. (PMT-2383)
- Content of mailboxes could not be migrated if a domain name was in uppercase. (PMT-2379)
- Migration failed when a domain was assigned to a customer existing on the target server but absent on the source server. (PMT-2378)
- Migration failed if the “Allow domain administrator access” option was not selected in the domain properties on the source server. (PMT-2373)
- Creation date of a customer or a subscription was not transferred to the target server during migration. (PMT-2243)
- Plesk Migrator help message contained the “–panel-migrator-config” internal parameter.(PMT-2358)
- In some cases, migration agent could not be started on Windows because of incorrect path to python. (PMT-2146)
- Source server backup was created every time a migration was run on Linux. (PMT-2291)
- Migration from cPanel failed if a customer had the “white space” character as a last symbol of their email address. (PMT-2354)
- Database of a subscription with upper case symbols could not be migrated a second time. (PMT-2374)
- Migration of Microsoft SQL resources failed if the system administrator user had several “ symbols in a password. (PMT-2357)
- Plesk Migrator failed to check mail service status for CloudLinux Postfix installation. (PMT-2368)
30 November 2015
- Plesk is now available in Czech and Romanian languages.
- Users could not migrate to Plesk 12.5 servers behind NAT. (PPPM-3574)
- If ModSecurity was enabled with the basic rule set, and a customer having a subscription with many domains logged in to Plesk, Apache restarted many times. (PPP-17563)
- The “plesk-php-cleanuper” scheduled task did not clean PHP sessions from /var/lib/php/sessions. (PPPM-3577)
- On CentOS 7 x64 servers, the watchdog service did not start automatically on server restart. (PPP-17807)
- Files with the “" symbol in the name caused an error message to be displayed during backup and were not included in the backup file. (PPP-18252)
- On Debian 8 x64 servers, enabling a separate DNS zone for a subdomain did not take effect until the named service was restarted. (PPP-17267)
- Mailboxes with one or more mail aliases migrated to Plesk 12.5 from Plesk 12.0 could not be deleted. (PPP-17523)
- For domains using the system PHP handler, settings from the global php.ini file were used. (PPP-17556)
- On CentOS 7 x64 servers, restarting the “sw-engine” service produced an error if mariadb 10.0 was installed. (PPP-17732)
- Transfer to a Plesk 12.5 server running Postfix failed if the mail server was configured to use a specific IP address for outgoing mail. (PPP-18613)
- Trying to access a directory with the “+” in the name resulted in an error message. (PPPM-1733, PPPM-925)
- Stored MySQL procedures were not transferred. (PMT-2366)
- Transfer attempts failed if one or more network interfaces on the destination server had non-ASCII symbols in its name. (PMT-2370)
- During Plesk to Plesk transfer, the presence of the Web Presence Builder on the destination server was not checked. (PMT-2349)
23 November 2015
- PHP version 5.6 was updated to 5.6.15.
- phpMyAdmin was updated to version 4.5.1.
- When a subscription was created via the command line interface, a notification was sent to the subscription owner even if the “-notify false” option was used. (PPPM-3570)
- When MySQL server was stopped, an unclear error message was shown in the Plesk user interface. (PPPM-3221)
- Saving the php.ini file after editing the settings for a PHP handler at Tools & Settings > PHP Settings took a long time. (PPPM-3543)
- If Plesk was installed on CentOS 7 with the latest version of Maria DB 10, a message was displayed saying that the MySQL component had updates. (PPPM-3547)
- During backup of Plesk data via the “pleskbackup” utility, the file name specified in the “–output-file” parameter was ignored. (PPPM-3548)
- Sometimes the administrator could not roll back ModSecurity rules set using the “modsecuritymng.exe –rollback-ruleset” command. (PPPM-3553)
- If the administrator enabled ModSecurity with Atomic Basic rules set and then tried to install additional Plesk key to update the rules set, no error message was displayed in case of the update failure.(PPPM-3554)
- Subscription expiration date is now dropped during migration if it is not applicable to actual Plesk edition.
- Migration failed if there were resellers with subscriptions assigned to add-on plans on the source server. (PMT-2351, PMT-2347)
- No objects could be selected during migration, if all subscription on the source server were owned by resellers. (PMT-2347)
- Migration was blocked on Linux if there was a subscription assigned to a reseller on the source server. (PMT-2352)
- Custom subscriptions were assigned to a service plan after migration. (PMT-2353)
16 November 2015
- When a PHP version 5.3 or later was used for a domain, the “allow_url_fopen” and “file_uploads” settings became unavailable. (PPPM-3459)
- The list of databases for a domain in the Active mode displayed only the first 25 databases. (PPPM-3498)
- Changes to the individual PHP handlers’ php.ini files were not validated, which could lead to the handler becoming inoperable. (PPPM-3510)
- For domains created in Power User view, the File Manager URL failed to open in the Classic List mode. (PPPM-3503)
- The “-admin_info_not_required true” option of the “init_conf utility” did not not work. (PPPM-3529)
- After upgrading from Plesk 12.0 to Plesk 12.5, webspaces with chrooted shell and one or more additional domains could not be renamed. (PPPM-3517)
- After adding a custom firewall rule allowing all connecntions from a particular IP address, connections from other sources to all services became blocked. (PPPM-3499)
- A confusing error message was displayed when upgrading Plesk from 11.0.9 to Plesk 12.5.30. (PPPM-3537)
- Changes to the mailbox size limit on the service plan level were not applied to existing mailboxes. (PPPM-3502)
- After Plesk cloning, the MailEnable servers list was not reset. (PPPM-3497)
- After the default PrivateTemp directory of Plesk was changed via the system registry to another directory, the temporary files were still generated in the original PrivateTemp directory. (PPPM-3524)
- It is possible to customize the path for the “authorized_keys” file that is used for automatic configuration of ssh between source and target servers, by setting the AuthorizedKeysFile parameter in the “/etc/ssh/sshd_config” file.
- If a dump for some domain is invalid during migration, all correct domains will be imported and a clear error message will be reported for an invalid domain, explaining what is wrong with this dump.
- The instruction about manual installstion of transfer agent displayed in the log on Windows was missing a step about renaming the ‘C:\panel_migrator\panel-transfer-agent\python\python.exe’ file to ‘C:\panel_migrator\panel-transfer-agent\python\panel-migrator-python.exe’. (PMT-2340)
- When a conflict between customer logins took place during migration, there was no clear error message explaining the reason of the conflict. (PMT-2337)
- After migration was completed, the hint near the Search button displayed variable names instead of text. (PMT-2333)
- Migration stopped if a domain with a domain alias was assigned as the default domain to some IP address. (PMT-2332)
- Migration failed if branding was configured on the source server. (PMT-2331)
- Migration from cPanel servers failed if there was a reseller on the source server owning both one or more domains and one or more customers. (PMT-2328)
- If there were an invalid XML data in the WebServerSettingsParameters table of Plesk database, generation of the source dump failed. (PMT-2325)
- Migration to Plesk without working DNS service was impossible. (PMT-2319)
- Migration from Plesk on Linux with mod_security enabled was impossible. (PMT-2318)
- When a domain on a source server was associated with several IPs of the same type, the migration list was not generated and an unclear error message was displayed. (PMT-2105)
- During migration from Plesk 9.x or earlier, domain administrator accounts created on the source server failed to migrate. (PMT-2073)
9 November 2015
- A number of fixes to non-English Plesk locales.
- On CentOS 6 and RHEL 6 servers, Apache failed to start after server restart if the
httpdservice was being monitored by Watchdog. (PPPM-3457)
- An unnecessary warning was displayed when users backed up domains with hosting type set to “forwarding” or “no web hosting”. (PPP-18396)
- Password protection for web statistics settings were not propagated from service plans to subscriptions. (PPPM-3469)
2 November 2015
- Plesk PCI compliance resolver was updated and improved.
- Helper scripts used in Plesk distupgrade were moved from
- Plesk configuration defined on Partner Central could not be applied to Plesk servers. (PPP-18302)
- Disk usage data retrieved via Plesk API XML did not include the disk space taken up by mailboxes belonging to addon domains. (PPP-18266)
- The “Scheduled backup” comment was always displayed in English, even to users logged in under a non-English locale. (PPP-18176)
- Trying to retrieve data about a webspace via XML API without specifying the webspace name resulted in an unclear error message. (PPP-18072)
- Upgrade to Plesk 12.5 failed if a database contained two users with identical names written in different combinations of upper and lower case letters. (PPP-18219)
- After upgrading to Plesk 12.5, confusing error messages were written to the PHP-FPM error log if no domain used the PHP-FPM handler. (PPP-18089)
- On CentOS 7 x64 servers, installation of Plesk 12.5 failed if Fail2ban from EPEL had already been installed. (PPP-17535)
- Trying to create a subscription when an application pool with the same name as the subscription already existed in IIS resulted in the subscription being created with no hosting. (PPP-18088)
26 October 2015
- phpMyAdmin was updated to version 4.5.
- Creating domains and subdomains could fail if the “Use serial number format recommended by IETF and RIPE” option was enabled on a Plesk server and a large number of subdomains was created within a short period of time. Migration from servers with a large number of subdomains could also fail. (PPP-18158)
- The default values were always used for the
max_input_timePHP directives if
mod_phpwas used. (PPP-18133)
- Under specific circumstances, all Plesk backups were being created invalid. (PPP-18097)
- Under specific circumstances, trying to see the list of databases for a domain resulted in the “Error: Call to a member function getApplicationContext() on null” error message. (PPP-18048)
- Plesk backups failed if the file
/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/backup_restore_helperwas tampered with. (PPP-18034)
- On CentOS 7 x64 servers, trying to upgrade from Plesk 12.0 to Plesk 12.5 resulted in an error if an IP address on the server was assigned a peer before Plesk 12.0 was installed. (PPP-18067)
- On Debian 8 and Ubuntu 14.04 servers, ionCube loader was not enabled for the system PHP-FPM handler. (PPP-18049)
- On CentOS 6 x86 servers, the Typo3 CMS could not be installed because the version of PCRE shipped with the Plesk PHP was outdated. (PPP-18022)
- The ‘/etc/cron.hourly/plesk-php-cleanuper’ cron job sent an email with confusing error messages to the administrator’s email address every hour. (PPP-17941)
- MySQL databases could not be backed up if the MySQL admin password contained the < and “ symbols. (PPP-18094)
- Incorrect information about Plesk updates was displayed on the dashboard after installing Plesk 12.0, disabling the automatic installation of updates, and then upgrading to Plesk 12.5. (PPP-18055)
- The initial configuration wizard did not start after a Plesk 12.5 installation was cloned. (PPP-17760)
- The “MySQL server” component could not be upgraded to version 5.6 when upgrading from Plesk 12.0 to 12.5 if the “Webmail” and “SpamAssassin” components were disabled on the server. (PPP-18041)
- Migrating from cPanel is now supported.
- Migrating from servers with custom hosting is now supported.
- Migrating Microsoft SQL Server databases in the native dump format is now supported.
- Using Plesk Migrator as a command-line utility is now supported.
- Migrating a reseller account from Confixx no longer results in the reseller account password being changed.
- Trying to migrate a customer account configured to use a language absent on the destination server resulted in the migration failing. (PMT-2205)
- When migrating from a Plesk server, if the information about permissions in the Plesk database was inconsistent, many permissions configured on the subscription level were lost during the migration. (PMT-2201)
- When migrating from a Windows server, infrastructure checks were skipped for the local Microsoft SQL Server. (PMT-2180)
- Trying to migrate a mail account with no configured password resulted in a confusing error message. (PMT-2091)
- When migrating from a Plesk server, if the default IP address was configured as dedicated, a number of confusing error messages were displayed. (PMT-2090)
- When migrating from a cPanel server, disk quota for mailboxes, for which disk quota was not configured, was set to zero bytes. (PMT-2081)
- When migrating from a Plesk server, trying to migrate a subscription with an additional user based on a custom user role produced an error if a custom user role with the same name was already present on the destination server. (PMT-2075)
- When migrating from a Plesk server, under specific circumstances, mailboxes were created for additional users with the ‘Mail User’ role but no mailbox. (PMT-2074)
- When migrating from a Plesk server version 9.5 and earlier, additional user accounts for domain administrators were not created. (PMT-2073)
- When migrating from a cPanel server, not all FTP users were migrated. (PMT-2067)
- When migrating from a cPanel server, MySQL databases whose names contained the dash symbol were not migrated. (PMT-1987)
- When migrating from a cPanel server, mail accounts belonging to addon domains were not migrated. (PMT-1986)
19 October 2015
- The ionCube loader was upgraded to version 5.0.
- Plesk showed both public and private IP addresses, which could confuse administrators willing to select an IP
address for use by subscriptions and resellers’ IP pools. Now administrators can hide private IP addresses
from Plesk by modifying the ‘panel.ini’ file. To do so, they should add the
[ip]section and list addresses separating them with a whitespace and a comma. Then they should go to Tools & Settings > IP Addresses, and click Reread IP. Panel.ini example:
[ip] blacklist="192.168.1.10, 2002:5bcc:18fd:c:f482:d057:9ccf:993D"
- When changing the password for a mail account in Plesk via the Plesk XML API, sending the new password as CDATA resulted in the password being changed, but the user being unable to log in. (PPP-17929)
- On servers running CentOS, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, and CloudLinux versions 5 or 6, upgrading to Plesk 12.5 led
mod_rpafApache module getting disabled. (PPP-18044)
- IP addresses registered in Plesk were not added to the Fail2ban whitelist. (PPP-18023)
- Full backups were being created instead of incremental ones. (PPP-18003)
- On CentOS 7 x64 servers, after installing MariaDB version 10 or 10.1 the MySQL component was marked as “not installed” in the Plesk Installer. (PPP-18000)
- The Plesk configuration troubleshooter incorrectly reported an inconsistency if an application was installed via Plesk on a subscription with the same id in the Plesk database as a reseller subscription. (PPP-17933)
- Atomic/Tortix rulesets for web application firewall (ModSecurity) are now available.
- Backing up Plesk subscriptions with an add-on domain resulted in the mail content for the main domain not being included in the backup file. (PPP-18062)
- Transfer from Plesk 12.0 to Plesk 12.5 failed if the Plesk administrator account on the source server was locked in the power user mode. (PPP-17995)
- phpMyAdmin failed to display the MySQL databases with capital letters in the database name. (PPP-18028)
12 October 2015
- Switching a subscription from a hosting plan with no mail service to one with a mail service, or vice versa, did not result in the mail service for the subscription getting enabled or disabled. (PPP-17833)
- Users could not create Unity mobile sites, even if a Unity One (Monthly Lease) unlimited domains license was installed on the server. (PPP-17708)
- After upgrading to Plesk 12.5, opening the list of PHP extensions for a PHP handler resulted in an error if there was a custom extension with the “space” character in the name. (PPP-17696)
- Trying to use the “Check Configuration” function of the “Webserver Configurations Troubleshooter” extension resulted in a PHP error. (PPP-17869)
- On CentOS 7 x64 servers, the Watchdog service failed to start on server restart. (PPP-17807)
- Plesk resellers could see the list of all customer accounts on the server, including those belonging to the administrator and other resellers. (PPP-17795)
- On CentOS 6 x86 servers, custom PHP extensions could be built with the wrong phpize. (PPP-17774)
- On CentOS 7 x64 servers, installing mariadb version 10 resulted in the
sw-cp-serverservice being unable to start. (PPP-17732)
- Users could not change ASP.NET settings for a domain, including resetting them to default,
if the domain’s
web.configfile was edited. (PPP-17771)
- Installing Plesk updates could result in the hosted websites becoming unavailable with the
HTTP error 500 due to the
urlprotect.dllHTTP filter DLL failing to load. (PPP-17834)
5 October 2015
- The “ip > get” XML API request failed if the credentials of an additional administrator account were used for authentication. (PPP-17717)
- Plesk extensions displayed in Customer Panel were being reloaded every five seconds when there was a long-running task active in background. (PPP-17711)
- The effects of the “DNS zone management” permission were applied inconsistently if the permission was granted to one subscription belonging to a specific customer account, but was not granted to a different subscription belonging to the same account. (PPP-17683)
- In Power User view, additional administrator accounts could see and manage all subscriptions, even if the account was limited to seeing and managing only specific subscriptions. (PPP-17679)
- Users can now see the contents of rotated Fail2ban logs in “Tools & Settings” > “IP Address Banning (Fail2Ban)” > “Logs”. (PPP-17672)
- On servers running Ubuntu 14 x64, if Plesk was installed from the ISO image, the MySQL service failed to start on server restart. (PPP-17624)
- Joomla was not functioning if it was installed on a website with the PHP handler set to PHP-FPM. (PPP-17678)
28 September 2015
- Email users could not change their mail account settings such as password, forwarding, and auto-reply. (PPP-17671)
- When the PHP version was changed in Power User view in Tools & Settings > Custom View Settings > PHP Settings, this change sometimes was not saved. (PPP-17595)
- Duplicated items in the PHP handlers menu were displayed if the PHP handlers installed on the operating system had the same versions as in Plesk.
- In some cases, migration of a domain with SSL certificate installed could lead to a fatal PHP error. (PPP-17557)
- Roundcube webmail client was updated to version 1.1.3.
- On CloudLinux 7x64, customers could not select FastCGI handlers for their websites, if they were not granted the permission “Setup of potentially insecure web scripting options that override provider’s policy”. (PPP-17643)
- If a PHP-FPM handler was enabled on a domain, the PHP-FPM service did not start after the server restart. (PPP-17561)
- Plesk could not be started after execution of the pci-compilance-resolver tool. (PPP-17367)
- If ModSecurity was enabled with the basic rule set, and a customer having a subscription with many domains logged in to Plesk, Apache restarted many times. (PPP-17563)
- Applications that run on Phusion Passenger (RoR, Rack, Django) did not work due to variables missing in the locations.ini file. (PPP-17589)
21 September 2015
- phpMyAdmin was updated to 18.104.22.168.
- Domains on which applications were installed could not be migrated from Plesk 8.6 and 9.5 to Plesk 12.5 if a domain with an identical name already existed on the destination server. (PPP-17571)
- Resellers converted from customer accounts were suspended if the number of domains they hosted exceeded the limit set for the customer account and the overuse policy was set to “not allowed”. (PPP-17549)
- Manual WordPress installations could not be detached from the WordPress Toolkit. (PPP-17531)
- Users could not remove mailboxes belonging to subscriptions migrated from Plesk 12.0 if a mail alias had been created for them prior to the migration. (PPP-17523)
- The “Hosting Settings Updated” event handler was not triggered on PHP handler or PHP version change. (PPP-17515)
- Users could not restore the data of applications that belonged to different domains and subdomains, but were installed in directories with identical names. (PPP-17504)
- Editing the properties of a reseller account when there were no shared IP addresses in Plesk resulted in a PHP warning message. (PPP-17496)
14 September 2015
- Plesk administrators can now disable PHP handlers even if they are in use.
- Domains without hosting could not be removed from Plesk. (PPP-17369)
- Changing the SSL certificate for webmail did not take effect unless the
httpdmng --reconfigure-allcommand was run afterwards. (PPP-17364)
- Administrator could not see a form with WordPress settings when clicking Change Settings for an installed WordPress instance. The log displayed an exception. (PPP-17463)
- If an administrator installed an old version of the Plesk Mobile Center extension, and then tried to re-log in to Plesk, the error message was displayed. (PPP-17413)
- If a custom PHP handler name was set via the command-line interface, it was not displayed in the list of PHP handlers in PHP settings of a subscription. (PPPM-3252)
- In some cases, the PHP settings page displayed a PHP catchable fatal error. (PPP-17371)
- After the DNS zone was enabled for a subdomain on a Plesk for Linux server, the zone was not loaded until BIND was restarted. (PPP-17348)
- The MagicSpam Plesk extension can now be installed via the Plesk Installer.
- When the default system PHP version running as FastCGI was set for a subscription on Debian 8.0, a PHP session could not be saved for a PHP script. (PPP-17456)
- Administrators could not change file permissions for a file via the File manager. (PPP-17389)
sendmailutility produced unneeded debug output every time it ran. (PPP-17370)
31 August 2015
- Customers could not back up a subscription with a domain for which web hosting was not configured. The following error was recorded in log files: Can’t use string (“”) as a HASH ref while “strict refs” in use. (PPP-17356)
- If WHMCS was configured using a reseller account, the reseller’s customers could not log in to Plesk from the WHMCS interface. They encountered the “Permission Denied” error. (PPP-17341)
- After transferring a subscription to another owner, the email address in domains’ SOA records remained unchanged. (PPP-17340)
- Administrators could not hide commercial applications from Plesk by editing the panel.ini configuration file. (PPP-17322)
- In some cases, the left navigation menu could not be loaded after Plesk was switched to the Power User view. (PPP-17272)
- It could take too much time to apply changes to PHP settings at the server level. (PPP-17270)
- Changes to a subdomain’s DNS zone were not applied immediately. (PPP-17267)
- The self-repair utility could not resolve database inconsistencies when IP addresses were accidentally removed from the database. (PPP-17266)
- PHP processes launched by Plesk, such as upgrade steps and daily maintenance actions, could consume more memory than it was defined in php.ini. (PPP-17264)
- Administrators could not restore data from backups if they contained subscriptions without information about IP addresses. (PPP-17260)
- Administrators could see numerous warning messages in Backup Manager. (PPP-17259)
- There was no separator before the “Remove”link in toolbar in Home > Domains > Mail. (PPP-17258)
- Users of Internet Explorer 11 could see an unnecessary element ‘_’ near the status of PHP handler in Tools & Settings > PHP Settings. (PPP-17257)
- File sharing settings could not be restored from backups. (PPP-17254)
- Plesk did not switch to the proper document root directory when users switched between subdomains. (PPP-17253)
- The Statistics tab displayed incorrect percentage of disk and traffic overuse. (PPP-17252)
- Users of Internet Explorer 11 could not open files in HTML Editor. (PPP-17251)
- Plesk incorrectly formed HTTP requests to check PHP requirements of installed web applications on IDN sites. (PPP-17248)
- When users attempted to create database users, wrong database server was suggested by default. (PPP-17247)
- After upgrade from older Plesk versions, database inconsistency occurred that broke the page Tools & settings > Services Management. (PPP-17246)
- Auto-reply end date could not be set via the XML-API. (PPP-17245)
- A default Fail2ban jail (plesk-wordpress) and a filter were added for protection of WordPress installations from
- On CentOS 7, users could not select the paid ModSecurity subscription rule set by Atomic. (PPP-16936) brute force attacks. The filter and the jail are switched off by default. You can switch them on in Tools & Settings > IP Address Banning (Fail2ban).
- A notice about the MailMan requiring localhost in mail server’s white list was added to Plesk. (PPP-17255)
- Running the command
/usr/local/psa/bin/migrate --list-subscriptionswith an incorrect username or password resulted in an error report. (PPP-17268)
- Administrators encountered the following error while trying to back up data by means of the
pleskbackupcommand-line utility: “Runtime error: Not a HASH reference at /opt/psa/PMM/agents/PleskX/PmmCli.pm line 65.” However, backups were created. (PPP-17292)
- Plesk could not start after upgrade to version 12.5 if the Logjam patch from the KB article #125741 (http://kb.odin.com/Attachments/kcs-51784/SSLfix.zip) was applied previously. (PPP-17296)
- PHP FPM services were incorrectly named. (PPP-17269)
31 August 2015
- Users can improve the performance of PHP applications by switching on the PHP accelerator module in the website’s PHP settings. By default, the APC module is activated for PHP versions earlier than 5.5, xcache for PHP 5.4.x, and Zend OPcache for PHP 5.5 or later.
- Administrators can configure the global settings of PHP handlers in Tools & Settings > PHP Settings, and select which PHP handlers should be available on the server.
- Administrators and resellers can define whether their customers will be able to select PHP versions and PHP handlers for their sites. The corresponding permission is available in service plans and subscription settings. It can be managed from the GUI, as well as by means of command-line tools and XML-API requests. The “Manage PHP version” permission does not depend on the “Hosting settings management” permission.
- Users can configure the PHP handlers and switch PHP support on or off in Websites & Domains > PHP Settings. They can also view the default settings for the selected PHP handlers. Administrators and resellers can view the default settings of PHP handlers, select PHP handlers, and switch PHP support on or off while configuring service plans (in Service Plans > plan name > PHP Settings tab).
- The ability to manage PHP handlers via API and CLI was added.
- Support for the Composer PHP dependency manager was added.
- Administrators can update the PHP version provided with Plesk to the next minor version via the standard “apt” or “yum” packaging tool.
- The ability to manage PHP modules independently for each PHP handler was added.
- Users can access reports on PHP settings for websites (phpinfo output) from Websites & Domains tab > PHP Settings.
- Plesk is now shipped with PHP 5.2, 5.3, 5.4, and 5.5, and installing PHP 5.6 using the Plesk Installer is now supported
- Users can create and download dumps of their databases from Plesk. (PPP-10914)
- Users can upload dumps of their databases to the server and restore data from them by means of Plesk.
- Users can now manage permissions of database users.
- Users can specify database user roles while editing MySQL database users.
- Users can use Plesk for checking and repairing MySQL and Microsoft SQL Server databases.
- A new command-line tool was added to enable administrators to check and repair Plesk’s database. The tool can be executed by issuing the command plesk repair –check-db.
- Users can move databases among their subscriptions, and administrators can move databases among all subscriptions in Plesk.
- The ability to enable direct access to phpMyAdmin was added.
- Links for managing databases were added to Plesk navigation areas.
- For each of their databases, users can now specify the site that uses a database, and they can see the names of such sites directly in the list of databases.
- Odin branding was applied to the Plesk interface.
- New user interface theme and fully responsive design.
- Plesk interface no longer uses frames. Now administrators and resellers can share direct links to Plesk screens with other authorized users, and bookmark their favorite Plesk pages in the browser.
- New left navigation menu in the Customer Panel.
- The ability to log in to Plesk automatically from external resources was implemented.
- Plesk interface is now available in the Indonesian language.
- Administrators can use the command
plesk repair installationto repair Plesk configuration after upgrade.
- Administrators can use the
plesk repairtool to resolve various issues at a domain level. For example
plesk repair all example.comwill run all check and repair operations for the domain example.com. Running
plesk repair fs example.comwill run all file system check and repair operations for that domain.
- Administrators can now resolve inconsistencies between the DNS server configuration and DNS records in the Plesk database. They can do it by means of the command
plesk repair dns(on Linux) and
<Plesk installation directory>\bin\repair.exe --reconfigure-dns(on Windows).
- Administrators can now check whether database servers registered in Plesk are accessible over the network. They can do it by means of the commands
<Plesk installation directory>/bin/repair --check-mysql(on Linux) and
<Plesk installation directory>/bin/repair --check-mssql(on Windows).
- Quick installation of WordPress now automatically sets the locale to that configured in Plesk user’s settings.
- Users can access redesigned Log Browser and see web server logs updated in real-time (similar to tail –f command). In Log Browser, date and string filters are available, and they work in real-time mode as well. Users can see multiple combined logs on one screen at once and choose which logs should be displayed.
- The support for incremental backups was introduced. Users and administrators can create, download, upload, and remove incremental backups.
- Users can perform operations on incremental backups kept at an FTP storage.
- Now administrators can set up a special password for protecting sensitive information (such as user passwords, ODBC connections, and so on) contained in backups. This enables restoring backups on a different Plesk server with sensitive information intact if the password is specified during the restoration.
- Administrators can adjust global settings for scheduled backups via the XML-API.
- Administrators can view and manage the list of Plesk interface languages by using the new
- Administrators can retrieve information about existing mail accounts and their aliases by using the command-line calls
- Developers of Plesk extensions can retrieve information about the features available in Plesk license keys by means of SDK methods.
- Administrators can switch on automatic upgrade of Plesk extensions in Server Management > Extensions > Settings.
- Users can view web server logs in Plesk.
- Administrators and resellers can conveniently operate Plesk from smartphones and tablets when in the Service Provider view.
- Plesk now looks better on devices with Apple Retina display and other devices with high PPI displays.
- Administrators and resellers can switch between Power User view and Service Provider view by clicking Change View in the navigation pane.
- Users can configure mail auto-reply to switch off on a specific date.
- Users can see security status of all WordPress instances in the list of instances in WordPress Toolkit. Clicking “Scan” while no instances are selected will recheck the security status of all instances in the list.
- Users can select WordPress instances where plugins or themes should be installed if installing from the Plugins or the Themes tab in WordPress Toolkit.
- Plesk design and usability were improved, multiple user experience issues were addressed.
- Multiple improvements in Backup Manager: incremental backup support, quicker backing up process, UI improvements.
- Security improvements.
- Improved usability and user experience of several WordPress Toolkit scenarios.
repairutility was improved: new aspects and commands were added.
- Multiple improvements in scheduled tasks manager. Users can now set up tasks of various types (command, PHP script, URL), and manage them more easily.
- Numerous improvements were made to the upgrade process.
- Multiple API improvements.
- The command-line utility call
wp_instance -get-listnow returns the full path to a WordPress installation. Users can use this path in custom scripts. Before, the command returned only the ID, URL, and the owner of each installation.
- Users have an option to recreate a database to which they are restoring a database dump. Also, a progress bar for the dump uploading and the support of gzip format were added. (PPP-12007)
- Users can export database dumps to their webspaces without downloading files to their local computers.
- The “Skins and Color Schemes” Plesk extension is now included in the default Plesk installation.
- The SDK API now allows Plesk administrators to forbid authenticating using the native credentials if a different authentication method exists (for example, the “LDAP auth” Plesk extension is installed).
- During Plesk upgrade, unsupported extensions are disabled.
- Instead of private IP addresses, Plesk behind NAT now displays the corresponding public IP addresses in its interface.
- The “Allow activating APS apps using license keys from the Plesk license pool” permission was removed.
- The “Use FTP storage” checkbox was added to the “FTP Storage Settings” screen.
- By default, the first application you install on a domain is now installed in the domain root. Subsequent applications are installed in subfolders, as previously.
- New permissions were added to service plans: “Allow customers to back up and restore data related to their account”, and “Allow customers to back up and restore data related to their subscription”.
- CodeEditor is now integrated with File Manager. A new option to edit files with CodeEditor is available from the File Manager’s context menu.
- Customers and resellers are no longer required to specify a telephone number upon the first login to Plesk.
- A new user interface theme was applied to Plesk Installer.
- Autocompletion logic for Plesk self-repair tools was improved.
- The list of websites on the Websites & Domains tab is now loaded faster. (PPP-14536)
- The administrator can now prohibit creation of domains (including also domain aliases, subdomains, and subscriptions) with the www prefix, by adding the following line to the
[domainManagement]section of the
features.restrictStartWithWww = on(PPP-11842, PPPM-1946)
- Plesk Installer now writes the progress status of slow operations in the log file, preventing users from thinking that the process has stopped responding. (PPP-12111)
- Plesk users can see the database server addresses for all databases. (PPP-12114, PPM-74)
- Data restoration from backups now takes less time. (PPP-11967)
- Now users can include files into webspace root directories by means of virtual host templates. (PPP-5631)
- WordPress installation by means of the WordPress toolkit now takes less time.
- Administrators can resolve database consistency issues described in [http://kb.plesk.com/en/112815] by running the
- Administrators can check the Plesk’s database for consistency issues by running the
- The site preview mechanism was improved. Users now face fewer restrictions on the type of content that can be viewed in the preview mode. In addition, the preview link now works outside Plesk by default.
- Web Presence Builder has become an optional component of Plesk. You can choose not to install it. (PPP-10390)
- Now TLS versions 1.1 and 1.2 are enabled for nginx by default.
- phpMyAdmin was updated to version 4.4.9.
- AWStats was updated to version 7.4.
- PHP used to run Plesk was updated to 5.6.12.
- The “email@example.com” email address in the Plesk GPG key was replaced with “firstname.lastname@example.org”. This also led to the Plesk GPG key being re-issued and the Plesk packages signed with the new key. (PPP-16668)
- Adobe ColdFusion is no longer supported by Plesk.
- The “Loading…” message is no longer shown when administrators visit Server Administration Panel > Server Management > Tools and Settings.
- Plesk no longer offers commercial applications sold through Storefront. All premium commercial application offers were removed from the Plesk UI, and corresponding controls have also been removed. (PPP-11964)
- A domain created with no hosting and then renamed could not be switched to website hosting. (PPP-16720)
- Plesk users granted a certain combination of permissions could shut down the Tomcat service on the server. (PPP-16843)
- Backup files created in Plesk 12.0 were not rotated after upgrading to Plesk 12.5. Note that the new behaviour means that dumps with different prefixes are now rotated (previously, dumps with the prefix different from the currently configured one were exempt from rotation). (PPP-16793)
- After a domain was renamed, backup files created prior to the renaming were not rotated. (PPP-16659)
- The Plesk Backup Manager treated any file uploaded to an FTP repository as a Plesk backup file. (PPP-16758)
- Updating the settings of a subscription via the Plesk XML-API resulted in all requisite backend calls running twice. (PPP-16660)
xinetdservice did not start automatically after upgrading to Plesk 12.5 from Plesk 11.5 on Debian 6 and 7. (PPP-15759)
- On certain Plesk GUI screens, trying to change the active subscription resulted in the “Error: Permission denied” message. (PPP-15059)
- PHP versions 5.1 and 5.2 were displayed as 5 in the Plesk GUI. (PPP-13393)
- The amount of disk space taken up by logs of add-on domains was added twice when calculating the subscription’s disk usage. (PPP-12636)
- Plesk administrators were unable to set the default SSL certificate via the CLI. (PPP-8916)
- The Drupal application could be installed without saving an administrative password. (PPP-16650)
- A website with forwarding to an IDN domain could not be opened. (PPP-16648)
- Plesk generated SSL certificates using the old SHA1 algorithm instead of the new SHA256 algorithm. (PPP-16634)
- A reseller with a custom service plan could not create subscriptions because of an empty IP pool. (PPP-16236)
- Information about the subscription settings obtained via the command line contained a wrong expiration date. (PPP-16055)
- While backing up the security policy settings, the secure FTP settings were missed from the backup. (PPP-14038)
- An unclear error message was displayed if a customer changed password and an application installed for this customer’s subscription was removed. (PPP-8578)
- Trying to rename a domain to a name matching the name of an already existing subdomain resulted in an unclear error. (PPP-16270)
- Users could not migrate WordPress installations from servers with the WordPress Toolkit installed to servers without the WordPress toolkit. (PPP-15073)
server_prefsutility did not show the values of some service settings. (PPP-15920)
- During the creation of additional FTP accounts, customers could not browse the file system to specify a home directory. (PPP-15907)
- Users could not find installed WordPress plugins by searching in WordPress Toolkit; the search mechanism was case-sensitive. (PPP-15379)
- Backups could be lost if the user’s name and subscription name were too long (more than 47 characters in length). (PPP-3404)
- Clicking a custom button configured to open a website could result in an “Uncaught ReferenceError: openScreen is not definedonclick @ (index):392” error. (PPP-14942)
- Privileges for database users assigned to manage all databases for a subscription could be reset under specific circumstances. (PPP-14563)
- Wording of the mail server option in GUI enabling an alternative SMTP port has been improved. (PPP-14359)
- The names of some languages in the language selection menu in Plesk were inconsistently formatted. (PPP-12729)
- After installation of WordPress, users were prompted to add it to WordPress Toolkit, even if WordPress Toolkit was not available in Plesk. (PPP-14784)
- Administrators could not remove IP addresses if site preview was switched on in Tools & Settings > Website Preview Settings. (PPP-14591)
- Users could not update the Moodle application via Plesk. Updating failed with the error “Non-zero exit status returned by script”. (PPP-14196)
- Subscriptions could be suspended automatically due to the expiration date being reached or resource usage limits being exceeded even if Plesk was running in the Power User mode. (PPP-14533)
- Password recovery emails were being tagged as spam by email providers due to the recipient’s address being simultaneously used as the sender’s address. (PPP-14475)
- Descriptions of applications in Plesk were shown in English, even if users selected another language for the Plesk interface. (PPP-14195)
- Languages on the Plesk login screen were not arranged in alphabetical order. (PPP-14186)
- Entries in the list of webspaces were not arranged in alphabetical order. (PPP-13399)
- Plesk administrator could not use the
certificateCLI utility to set a newly created SSL certificate as the default one. (PPP-14212, PPPM-2600)
- Users were unable to open Websites & Domains > Limiting Outgoing Messages if the maximum number of mailboxes for their subscriptions was set to 0. (PPP-13991)
- Users could only see up to 25 objects in the classic view. (PPP-12582, PPPM-2184)
- Incorrect language titles were used in language selection menus. (PPP-12729, PPPM-2142)
- Information about the size of mailboxes was displayed incorrectly in the Dutch locale. (PPP-12251, PPPM-2104)
- A WordPress installation became impossible to manage using the WordPress Toolkit as a result of its plugin calling the die() function. (PPP-12221, PPPM-2054)
- A WordPress installation broke down when its plugin loaded the
wp-load.phpfile. (PPP-12719, PPPM-2237)
- The Classic View mode for the list of domains on a subscription displayed only twenty five domains when a user opened it the first time after logging in. (PPP-13843)
- Administrators could not apply custom PHP settings to websites by means of command-line tools, if the websites were under a subscription that was synchronized with a service plan. (PPP-13431)
- Users could not access the guide on customizing Plesk themes from Tools & Settings > Plesk Branding. (PPP-11306)
- If users installed WordPress and created a symbolic link to the installation directory, WordPress Toolkit incorrectly determined the number of WordPress installations. (PPP-13599)
- Users could not set up an FTP storage for backups if they preferred SSL/TLS connections. (PPP-13362)
- An incorrect warning was shown on attempting to remove a domain alias. (PPP-13330)
- If source and destination servers hosted a database with the same name which belonged to different domains, then such a database was not transferred during transfer of these domains. (PPP-10524)
- The administrator could not prohibit the installation of a particular Plesk extension in Plesk on VPS.
- Users could not set PHP settings through the Plesk’s XML API.
- Users could not transfer subscriptions separately from subscription owners.
- The link View all webspaces appeared when it was not supposed to appear.
- Add-on plans had all default permissions switched on right after their creation.
- Additional users were unable to edit files with HTML editor.
- Hiding WordPress version using the WordPress Toolkit could break WordPress layout.
- Administrators could not schedule multivolume backups if a volume size was set to be more than 2048 megabytes. (PPP-12494)
- When users were notified about the availability of application updates on the Websites & Domains screen, the notification did not provide links for updating applications. (PPP-11184)
- Administrators were not notified when additional license keys for Plesk components expired. (PPP-6284)
- Scheduled backups to an FTP server could not be completed if an FTP error occurred during the transfer of a backup file. (PPP-12448)
- Users were unable to restore modified backup files using the API RPC interface. (PPP-10845)
- While setting up a subscription or a customer account, administrators saw empty fields for selecting service plan add-ons. (PPP-12028)
- Sorting of APS applications by popularity is no longer supported by Plesk; therefore, the corresponding control was removed from the GUI. (PPP-11290)
- FastCGI Process Manager (FPM) for PHP versions 5.4, 5.5, and 5.6 is now shipped with Plesk.
- Plesk users can select FPM as the PHP handler for their domains.
- The PHP handler for websites using nginx+PHP-FPM is automatically switched to the most suitable one after nginx is disabled.
- Plesk supports MariaDB 10.
- Plesk can count disk space occupied by remote databases.
- The ability to disable logging in to Plesk using the system user ‘root’ credentials was added.
- On CentOS 7, Debian 8, and Ubuntu 14 with Apache 2.4 or later, administrators can select multi-processing modules (MPMs) for Apache in Tools & Settings > Apache Web Server.
- The support for mod_passenger was added to nginx.
- Administrators can use the
plesk repair mailcommand to resolve various issues with mail services at a domain or mailbox level.
- Administrators can use the
plesk repairtool to resolve inconsistencies between Plesk and MySQL or Microsoft SQL Server databases: restore databases, database users, and database users’ credentials.
Administrators can use the
plesk repairtool to restore web server configuration files:
* `/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf` * `/etc/httpd/conf.d/*.conf` * `/etc/nginx/conf.d/*` * `/etc/nginx/*.conf` * `/etc/nginx/fastcgi_params`
- Administrators can manage SSL cyphers and protocols for all services by means of the
server_prefcommand-line tool. For example:
server_pref --update -ssl-protocols 'TLSv1 TLSv1.1 TLSv1.2' -ssl-ciphers 'HIGH:!aNULL:!MD5'.
- Users can enable and disable the Fail2ban service by using the
- A new jail rule for Fail2ban and ModSecurity (Web Application Firewall) was added. Fail2ban will now block suspicious connections detected by Web Application Firewall.
- Plesk packages are now signed with a GPG key to prevent installation of unauthorized packages. If a signature check fails for one or more packages, installation of Plesk will not continue (unless the check is switched off manually).
- Debian 8 and dist-upgrade from Debian 7 to Debian 8 are supported. Before performing the operating system upgrade, make sure you have read about the possible issues you may encounter here.
- The support for dist-upgrade of Debian 6 to Debian 7 was added. Before performing the operating system upgrade, make sure you have read about the possible issues you may encounter here.
- The support for dist-upgrade of Ubuntu 12.04 to Ubuntu 14.04 was added.
- PostgreSQL 9.4 is now supported.
- CloudLinux 7 is now supported.
- On CentOS 5, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5, and CloudLinux 5, MySQL was updated to version 5.5.
- Mailman mailing lists manager was excluded from the “typical” installation offered by the Installer.
- Dovecot IMAP mail server is offered by default for new Plesk installations.
- Support for the
xcachemodules was added in PHP versions 5.4 and earlier. Support for the
opcachemodule was added for PHP version 5.5 and later.
gpgcheck=0setting in the Plesk PHP repository files was replaced with
- A number of legacy modules that can be insecure for shared hosting environments were removed from the default Plesk installation.
- ProFTPD was updated to version 1.3.5a.
- Rsync was updated to version 3.1.1.
- Phusion Passenger was updated to version 5.0.10.
- Dovecot was updated to version 2.2.18.
- Courier and authlib were updated to version 4.16.1.
- Postfix was updated to version 2.11.5.
- Roundcube was updated to version 1.1.2.
- nginx was updated to version 1.9.2.
- mod_security was updated to version 2.9.0.
- mod_cloudflare was updated to version 22.214.171.124.
- Fail2ban was updated to version 0.9.2.
- MySQL used for customer databases was updated to version 5.5.41
- Support for MariaDB version 10 was added.
- The “What to do with mail for non-existent users” setting of a service plan was not applied to a subscription based on that service plan. (PPP-7386)
- Mass email notifications could not be sent when Plesk was installed on CentOS 7 and MSMTP was used as an SMTP client. (PPP-14865)
- The session.save_path parameter in the php.ini file pointed to a non-existent directory. (PPP-14783)
- On attempting to upgrade Plesk 10.0.0 to version 10.4.4 on CentOS 5, users could encounter the error “Unexpected ‘St11logic_error’ caught: basic_string::_S_construct NULL not valid”. (PPP-15479)
- Creating a backup including an inconsistent database resulted in an error message. (PPP-17008)
- Plesk upgrade failed if there were two or more databases with the same name but using different combinations of upper/lower case letters. (PPP-16969)
- The PHP-FPM handler could be selected even if the server was running a version of Apache earlier than 2.4. (PPP-15219)
- The installation of the Plesk 12.5.29 update failed if the number of MySQL connections set in the
my.cnffile was too low. (PPP-16817)
- PHP files were downloaded instead of being executed if the PHP handler for the corresonding domain was set to “Apache module”. (PPP-16599)
plesk-php*-releasepackages were installed on Plesk 12.0 installations. (PPP-16630)
session.save_pathconfiguration directive pointed to a non-existing directory in the default Plesk PHP settings. (PPP-14783)
- Emails were not delivered to mailboxes with the “&” symbol in the name on Plesk servers with Dovecot installed. (PPP-14426)
- The database containing the data about outgoing mail sometimes became corrupted. (PPP-12738)
- PHP builds for Debian 6 are no longer supported, as Debian 8 has been released and Plesk supports only the two latest major versions of each operating system.
- Custom PHP builds for Debian 6 were removed from the Plesk repositories.
- On CentOS 7, the nginx service failed to start on boot if the network service had not started. (PPP-16921)
- If the “FPM application served by nginx” PHP handler was used for a subscription, the “max_execution time” option was not applied to PHP scripts. (PPP-16509)
- When retrieving information about the currently installed Plesk version via the command line, CloudLinux could not be detected properly. (PPP-13826)
- On CentOS 7, starting Plesk after Dr.Web service had been started could make this service unmanageable. (PPP-13948)
- Users could not install any applications on CentOS 7 installations with MariaDB 10. (PPP-15702)
- Users could not set up personal FTP storage with support for FTPS. (PPP-13522)
- Users could not transfer data from Plesk on CentOS 7 servers to Plesk on CentOS 7 servers. They encountered the following error: “Perhaps /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/deployer application missing, has incorrect permissions or unexpectedly terminated”. (PPP-15332)
- Customers could not use incremental backup and granular restoration if they used a ProFTPD-based server as a personal FTP storage. (PPP-15542)
- Actions performed by administrators and additional administrator accounts were attributed to the user “admin” in the action log. This made it impossible to determine who performed a specific operation. (PPP-15318)
- Plesk would sometimes send out notifications warning of MySQL and MSSQL soft limits being exceeded when there was actually no overuse. (PPPM-2740)
- Plesk Installer could not revert to the original sources list if no source for system packages could be found. (PPP-14887)
- Users could disable
proxy_fcgiApache modules for a domain using the FPM PHP handler on Plesk for Linux installations. This led to broken Apache configuration for the domain. (PPP-14853)
fpm-serviceprocess listened on port 9000 after enabling PHP-FPM support in Plesk for Linux. (PPP-14733)
- The Websites & Domains screen loaded slowly on Plesk servers with a very large number of subscriptions. (PPP-14536)
- The startup scripts of Plesk for Linux installed in a Virtuozzo container started the
postgresqlservice even if it was disabled by the
- The specified SSH port in the Migration Manager settings was not saved to be used in the future. (PPP-10743, PPPM-1778)
xinet.dservice did not start after the installation of Plesk microupdates. (PPP-14006)
- Plesk installer displayed an unclear error message in GUI if
apt-getconfiguration was corrupted. (PPP-13720)
- Replacing the default Plesk MTA with MSMTP resulted in some
courier-imappackages not being removed. (PPP-12819)
- Users could not restore mail from multivolume backups. (PPP-14197, PPPM-2559)
- After changing the default SSL certificate on the server, administrators could encounter issues with nginx configuration. (PPP-13673)
- Website owners could not view real IPv6 addresses of website visitors in
- Users could not back up website files that contained the percentage sign (%) in the file names. (PPP-14722)
- Backing up data to the FTP repository required a local backup to be created first. Backup failed if there was not sufficient disk space for the local backup. (PPP-14445)
- Users could not restore mail data from multivolume backups. (PPP-14197)
- Administrators could not limit outgoing mail sent by scripts. (PPP-14433)
- PHP warnings “Division by zero; File: /usr/local/psa/admin/application/default/views/scripts/outgoing-mail/messages.phtml” were recorded in /logs/panel.log. (PPP-14418)
- Administrators could not use port 587 after running the mchk utility, even if mail submission was disabled in Plesk. (PPP-14342)
mchkutility hung at the step ‘Checking for: mail_auth_dump…’. (PPP-12924, PPPM-2281)
- After the administrator converted the Plesk server’s operating system from CentOS 6 to CloudLinux 6, the component mod_fcgid failed to install. (PPP-13753)
- Customers could not register the LiteSpeed SAPI PHP handler with Plesk. (PPP-13609)
- Migration could take a long time because the
/var/log/sw-cp-server/sw-engine.logfile was not automatically cleaned up. (PPP-13463)
- Users could not change the location of the VHOSTS directory by means of the /usr/local/psa/bin/transvhosts.pl script. (PPP-13371)
- Customers attempted to install applications on wildcard subdomains (*.example.com), which resulted in errors. Now the option to install applications on wildcard subdomains is no longer available. (PPP-13093)
- Administrators could not restore customers’ backups by means of the pleskrestore command-line utility. The following error occurred: Source file is not a valid XML file. (PPP-12953)
- Users could not upgrade to Plesk 12 if they had switched to the MSMTP client after using a local mail server (for example, Postfix). (PPP-12819)
- After restarting a Virtuozzo container, PostgreSQL service started automatically even if it was switched off. (PPPM-1467)
- The directory
wp-contentwas unavailable over FTP.
- IP address mapping for subdomains worked incorrectly if the NAT Manager extension was used in Plesk.
- WordPress Toolkit security checking did not work in Plesk with PHP-FPM installed and the options Process PHP by nginx and Serve static files directly by nginx switched on.
- When users tried to log in to webmail, the connection to the webmail storage server failed.
- Wildcard subdomain reconfiguration failed after the upgrade of Plesk from 11.0 to 12.0.
- Plesk did not remove files of timed-out PHP sessions from directories containing session files.
- Plesk showed an incorrect warning message on the mailbox settings page about the limit on outgoing mail.
- The email messages containing viruses were put into the mail queue but were not sent, causing a lot of notifications.
- Email forwarding did not work if there were upper-case characters in the domain name and the outgoing mail control was switched on.
- The Atomic ModSecurity rule set for Web Application Firewall failed to install with the error “Syntax error on line 40 of /etc/apache2/modsecurity.d/rules/atomic/modsec/01_asl_domain_blocks.conf”.
- Plesk did not write the log messages about PHP and Horde errors in
- Administrators could not schedule backups that would exclude mail content. (PPP-12495)
- License keys could not be renewed automatically. (PPP-12471)
- If there were more than 256 sites hosted on a server, nginx failed with the error “Too many open files”. (PPP-4248)
- Google Services for Websites access provider program is no longer supported by Plesk. All links related to the program were removed from the Plesk UI. (PPP-3098)
- On CentOS 5, custom MySQL 5.5 package was replaced with another version by Plesk Installer. (PPP-13936)
- Plesk now retrieves its own set of root certificates for use with PHP every 24 hours.
- The plesk-ctl utility was implemented in Plesk for Windows.
- User can monitor failed requests to IIS using Failed Request Tracing. The status code and the provider of a failed request can be displayed.
- Plesk can now notify users when the disk usage quota for their databases has reached the limit and when it is getting closer to the limit. The corresponding event handlers were added to Plesk. (PPP-11997, PPPM-2070)
- Users can now back up Microsoft SQL Server databases on remote database servers in native Microsoft SQL Server format.
- Administrators can use the
<Plesk installation directory>\bin\repair.exetool to resolve various issues at a domain level. For example
repair.exe --all example.comwill run all check and repair operations for the domain example.com. Running
repair.exe --fs example.comwill run all file system check and repair operations for that domain.
- Administrators can use the
repair.exe --mailcommand to resolve various issues with mail services at a domain or mailbox level.
- Administrators can use the commands
<Plesk installation directory>\bin\repair.exe --mysqland
<Plesk installation directory>\bin\repair.exe --mssqlto resolve inconsistencies between Plesk and MySQL or Microsoft SQL Server databases: restore databases, database users, and database users’ credentials.
- Users can view web server logs in Plesk. They can also track failed requests to IIS and monitor logs for PHP notices or errors.
- The support for the GeoIP plugin for AWStats was added.
- WinCache extension for PHP 5.5 was integrated with Plesk.
- Plesk is now shipped with Microsoft SQL Server 2012 SP2.
- The Plesk repository URL was changed to “autoinstall-win.plesk.com” to reflect the change in branding.
- Support for the
wincachemodule was added in PHP version 5.5.
- Microsoft SQL Server can no longer be used to house the Plesk database. It can still be used to house customers’ databases.
- Customers who did not have the permission to switch on hosting features such as SSI support, could switch them on by means of the web.config configuration file. Now administrators can restrict this by using the option “Prohibit the ability to override handlers via web.config” in Home > Tools & Settings > Security Policy.
- Now administrators can propagate the changes to the Plesk server’s IP address by using the
ipmanage.exetool instead of Plesk Reconfigurator.
- The Perigon Control Suite extension was updated to the latest version.
- PHP logs can be viewed in Log Browser.
- While backing up to an FTP storage, Plesk no longer consumes disk space at a local backups storage.
- The creation of subscriptions on Windows servers now takes less time.
- Slave DNS Manager and Amazon Route 53 extensions are now available for Windows-based Plesk installations.
- The “Dedicated IIS application pool for each website” setting was added to hosting plans, to the Performance tab.
- Configuration settings of custom error documents have been moved from the
- WebDeploy was updated to version 3.5.
- Support for the AWStats GeoIP plugin was added.
- Support for IceWarp version 11.2 was added.
- Support for SmarterMail version 14.1 was added.
- SpamAssassin was updated to version 3.4.1.
- BIND was updated to version 9.10.2-P3.
- MailEnable was updated to version 8.60.
- Horde was updated to version 6.2.9.
- phpMyAdmin was updated to version 4.4.9.
- Tomcat was updated to version 7.0.55.
- MySQL used for customer databases was updated to version 5.6.22.
- SpamAssassin was upgraded to version 3.4. (PPP-10215)
- WebDeploy 3.5 is now supported. (PPP-10215)
- Support for PHP 5.6 was added. (PPP-10885)
- The support for the following scripting facilities is deactivated by default in service plans: Python, Perl, and CGI. (PPP-10568)
- Zend Guard Loader support for PHP 5.4 was added. (PPP-10940)
- MySQL 5.6 is now installed on new Plesk for Windows installations. Users who upgrade from earlier Plesk versions will have a chance to upgrade MySQL after Plesk upgrade is completed. To do this, they will be able to select a new option in Plesk Installer, called “MySQL”. Downgrade of MySQL is not supported.
- Disk space occupied by remotely hosted databases is now counted by default. Users can also specify whether disk space occupied by remotely hosted databases should be reflected in disk space usage statistics. They can do so by means of the GUI, a command-line tool (server_pref -u -include-remote-databases), or an XML-API request:
<packet> <server> <set> <prefs> <include_remote_databases>true</include_remote_databases> </prefs> </set> </server> </packet>
- Microsoft SQL Server 2014 installed via the Plesk installer now includes Service Pack 1 (the latest service pack).
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 installed via the Plesk installer now includes Service Pack 2 (the latest service pack).
- Microsoft FrontPage Server Extensions are no longer supported by Plesk.
- The ActiveState Perl distribution is no longer shipped with Plesk.
- The ActiveState Python distribution is no longer shipped with Plesk. (PPP-10564)
- Upgrading Plesk 9.5 installations to Plesk 12.5 failed with the “500 internal server error” error. (PPP-16891)
- Trying to change the IP address of a subscription with an add-on domain resulted in the “Unable to update hosting preferences” error message. (PPP-16759)
- Changing the name of a subdomain on a Plesk server using third-party DNS services was not propagated to the corresponding DNS zone. (PPP-16716)
- Full server backups failed with the “invalid string position” error message on Plesk servers configured to store the virtual hosts in a drive root (for example, C:). (PPP-16683)
- On Windows Server 2012, Plesk did not report any error messages if custom DNS records were not restored from a backup. (PPP-14412)
- On Windows Server 2012, custom DNS settings were not restored from a backup if a TXT record contained the “o=-“ parameter. (PPP-14411)
- When Kaspersky Antivirus is installed and a wrong module name is used in the license key, no error messages are displayed. (PPP-6460)
- In some cases, administrators could not switch to SmarterMail 12.0.5157 to use it as the default mail server. (PPP-15363)
- Global PHP settings specified by administrators in Plesk’s php.ini file were overwritten during upgrade. (PPP-12025)
- The Plesk administrator was not informed of the correct way to customize Panel PHP settings.
- PHP 5.3 was not included in the Typical installation of Plesk for Windows.
- phpMyAdmin was not included in the Typical installation of Plesk for Windows.
- MIME types for
otfwere missing on Plesk for Windows installations. (PPP-14883)
- The state of the “Use native MS SQL backup” option was displayed incorrectly in the Panel. (PPP-14312)
- In some cases, after a virtual machine was restarted, Plesk could not detect a virtual environment and the license was considered invalid. (PPP-14730)
- Users could not access applications by using the Plesk search function. (PPP-14435)
- After administrators added wildcard host binding to the webmail (smartermail) site in IIS, users could no longer add domains in Plesk. (PPP-14398)
- WordPress failed to install if the path to the site’s document root contained subdirectories. (PPP-12728, PPPM-2242)
- The state of domains’ application pools was not updated in real time. (PPP-13450, PPPM-2362)
- Plesk users were able to change the password of a user with sysadmin role used by Plesk to connect to a remote MySQL server on that server. (PPP-13509, PPPM-2384)
- When the user switched on or off the dedicated IIS application pool for a domain, the pool was not switched on or off for virtual directories starting from the second level. (PPP-13905)
- During restoration of email messages, the wrong message receipt date could be set. (PPP-13798)
- Plesk installation could fail if a third-party PHP engine was installed on the server before Plesk. (PPP-13575)
- Plesk did not save changes in the performance settings of service plans.
- Users could upload a dump of a database that had the size bigger than allowed by the limit on a Microsoft SQL database file size.
- After upgrading from Plesk 11.5 to Plesk 12, PHP sites using sessions showed errors. (PPP-11263)