Installing an SSL Certificate for Qmail
To install a custom SSL certificate for Qmail on a Plesk server:
- Create a combined
To create a combined
.pemcertificate file, start your favorite text editor and paste the contents of each certificate file and the private key in the file in the following order:
- The private key
- The primary certificate
- The intermediate certificate
- The root certificate
Make sure that you include the begin and end tags of the key and each certificate including the dash lines. The resulting text should look like this:
-----BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY-----
(Your Private Key here)
-----END RSA PRIVATE KEY-----
(Your Primary SSL certificate here)
(Your Intermediate certificate here)
(Your Root certificate here)
- Save the combined certificate file as
- Log in to a Plesk server through SSH as a root user.
- Download the combined certificate file
- Make a backup copy of the existing default SSL certificate for Qmail.
For example for RedHat or Fedora operating systems, the SSL certificate file that you need to back up is
Note: For other operating systems, the default certificate file location may be different.
- Open the default certificate file
/var/qmail/control/servercert.pemusing your favorite text editor, and replace the contents of the file with the contents of the combined certificate file
- Save and close the file.
- To finish the certificate installation, restart Qmail.