Configuring Server-wide Backup Settings
The set-server-wide-settings operation is used to specify some of the server-wide backup settings.
A request XML packet retrieving backup settings includes the set-server-wide-settings operation node.
<packet> <backup-manager> <set-server-wide-settings> ... <set-server-wide-settings/> </backup-manager> </packet>
The set-server-wide-settings node has the data type BackupSetServerWideSettingsInput (
backup.xsd). It has the following graphical representation:
- The max-backup-files node is optional. It holds the maximum number of scheduled backups that can be stored in any type of storage. Specify -1 for unlimited. Data type: integer.
- The max-backup-processes node is optional. It holds the maximum number of simultaneously running scheduled backup processes. Data type: integer.
- The low-priority node is optional. It indicates whether to run scheduled backup processes with low priority. Data type: boolean.
- The do-not-compress node is optional. It indicates whether to disable or enable the compression of scheduled backup files. Data type: boolean.
- The allow-local-ftp-backup node is optional. It indicates whether to allow the use of Plesk server as an FTP storage for Plesk backups. Data type: boolean.
- The keep-local-backup node is optional. It indicates whether to save backups in the Plesk server storage if their upload to FTP storage fails. Data type: boolean.
Request Packet Sample
<packet> <backup-manager> <set-server-wide-settings> <settings> <max-backup-files>15</max-backup-files> <max-backup-processes>10</max-backup-processes> <low-priority>true</low-priority> <do-not-compress>false</do-not-compress> <allow-local-ftp-backup>true</allow-local-ftp-backup> <keep-local-backup>true</keep-local-backup> </settings> </set-server-wide-settings> </backup-manager> </packet>
Response Packet Structure
The set-server-wide-settings node of the response XML packet is presented by type BackupSetServerWideSettingsOutput (
backup.xsd) and structured as follows:
The result node wraps the response retrieved from the server. Data type: resultFilterType (
result, required. It wraps the response got from the server. Data type: resultFilterType (
- status, required. It specifies the execution status of the operation. Data type: string. Allowed values: ok | error.
- errcode, optional. It returns the error code when the operation fails. Data type: unsignedInt.
- errtext, optional. It returns the error message if the operation fails. Data type: string.
A positive response packet received from the server looks as follows:
<packet version="188.8.131.52"> <backup-manager> <set-server-wide-settings> <result> <status>ok</status> </result> </set-server-wide-settings> </backup-manager> </packet>
Leave your comments on this page
Leave your feedback or question on this documentation topic below. For technical assistance, contact your hosting service provider or submit a request to Plesk support. Suggest new features for Plesk here. Discuss general questions on the Plesk forum. All offtopic comments will be removed.