To install Plesk through the web interface:
- Download the Plesk Installer utility that suits your operating system from http://installer.plesk.com/plesk-installer (for Linux) or http://autoinstall-win.plesk.com/plesk-installer.exe (for Windows).
- (Only for Linux) Set the execution permission for Plesk Installer:
chmod +x plesk-installer
- Make sure that port 8447 on the server is not filtered. For the complete list of ports Plesk needs to be open, see https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/213932745.
- Run the Plesk Installer.
On a Linux/Unix server:
On a Windows server:
(Only for Linux) Open your browser and enter
https://IP-address:8447/in the address bar. The Plesk Installer Web interface opens.
(Only for Windows) Plesk Installer wizard opens in a new browser window. When the installer starts, an additional console window opens. This window displays the operations performed by the utility. It is closed upon the successful installation, or after 30 minutes of inactivity.
Note: As described in the section Before Installing Plesk, you can select which Plesk build to install depending on its release tier. By default, Installer shows you only the latest general and late adopter releases as available for installation. To be able to install other Plesk releases, use the following Installer options:
--all-versionsto view all available Plesk versions.
--tier <release_tier>to view the latest available versions with the specified release tier.
- Log in to the web interface.
- If you are running Windows, type the administrator's username ("Administrator"), administrator's password, and click Log In.
- If you are running Linux, type the
rootusername and password, and click Log In.
- Follow the installation steps.
After installation has finished, you can log in to Plesk at the address https://<host-name-or-IP>:8443 using the username "root" and the root user's password (on Linux) or using the username "Administrator" and the administrator's password (on Windows).