Updating an Additional Service
The update operation is used to edit a custom option of service plans (additional service).
A request XML packet editing an additional service includes the update operation node:
<packet> <plan-item> <update> ... </update> </plan-item> </packet>
The update node does not have a separate data type, it is nested
within the complex type (
plan_item.xsd). The update node has the
following graphics representation:
- The filter node is required. It specifies the criteria by which
the necessary additional service will be selected from the database.
Data type: PlanItemFilterType (
plan_item.xsd). To see the structure of this node, proceed to topic Available Filters.
- The visible node is optional. It specifies whether the additional service is available for adding to subscriptions. Data type: boolean.
- The label node is optional. It specifies the additional service name. Data type: text.
- The tooltip node is optional. It specifies additional service description. Data type: text.
- The url node is optional. It specifies the URL attached to the custom button created for the additional service. Data type: urlType.
- The internal node is optional. It defines if the URL is opened in the right Plesk frame or in the new window. Data type: boolean.
- The noframe node is optional. If the URL leads to a Plesk extension or web app, this option specifies how the extension/app should be displayed on the Plesk page: in a frame or as a part of the Plesk GUI. The latter is recommended as the extension/app is seamlessly integrated into the Plesk GUI. Note that the noframe option is relevant only for the extensions/apps that support this feature. If an extension/app does not support the integration with the Plesk GUI, it will be displayed in a frame regardless of the noframe value. Data type: boolean.
- The url-components node is optional. It specifies what
information is included into HTTP request when a customer clicks a
custom button for the additional service. Data type:
plan_item.xsd). To see the structure of this node, proceed to topic url-components.
- The image-file node is optional. It specifies the path to background image for the custom button. Data type: string.
The update node of the output XML packet is structured as follows:
- The result node is required. It wraps the information about the
operation execution and the list of webmail services. Data type:
- The status node is required. It specifies the execution status of the operation. Data type: result_status (string). Allowed values: ok | error.
- The errcode node is optional. It returns the error code. Data type: unsignedInt.
- The errtext node is optional. It returns the error message. Data type: string.
- The name node is required. It specifies the additional service name. Data type: string.
This packet edits an additional service plan-item with the following information: the additional service is called New Service, its description is Additional service description, the additional service is available for adding to subscriptions, the URL attached to a custom button created for this additional service is http://domain.com, site ID and name, FTP user name and password is included into HTTP request when a customer clicks the custom button, the filename.png file is used as a background image for the custom button.
<packet> <plan-item> <update> <filter> <name>plan-item</name> </filter> <visible>true</visible> <label>New Service</label> <tooltip>Additional service description.</tooltip> <url>http://domain.com</url> <internal>true</internal> <url-components> <dom-id>true</dom-id> <dom-name>true</dom-name> <ftp-user>true</ftp-user> <ftp-pass>true</ftp-pass> <cl-id>false</cl-id> <cname>false</cname> <pname>false</pname> <email>false</email> </url-components> <image-file>filename.png</image-file> </update> </plan-item> </packet>
<packet> <plan-item> <update> <result> <status>ok</status> <name>plan-item</name> </result> </update> </plan-item> </packet>