Saving and Loading Copies of a Website
While working on the content and design of a website, you can save several copies of each site to the server and restore sites from the saved copies (also referred to as snapshots). Saving site copies can be useful in the following cases:
- You want to prepare several versions of the same website, so that you can later load them for review, choose the best designed or the most appropriate version, and publish it to the Internet.
- You want to make significant changes or experiment on the site design or content, but be sure that you can safely undo the changes should anything go wrong.
To save the current design and content of a site:
Note: If you click Save, a quick-save site copy will be saved under the name auto-saved snapshot. You will be able to restore a site from this copy later, by clicking Revert in the main menu.
In the list that opens, select a free saving slot, type a name for the backup copy, and click Save.
To restore a site from a saved copy:
Note: If you click Revert, a site will be restored from the quick-save copy that was made the last time you clicked Save.
In the list that opens, select a site copy and click Load.
Click Yes to confirm you want to restore.
To download a site copy:
- In the Presence Builder editor’s main menu, click the icon next to the Save option.
- Locate the copy that you want to download and click the (Download) icon.
- Select the directory on your computer where you want to save the file and click OK.
To upload a site copy:
- In the Presence Builder editor’s main menu, click the icon next to the Revert option.
- Click the (Upload) icon next to the slot to which you want to upload the copy.
- Browse to the site snapshot file in the SSB format and select it.
- If you want to restore a site from the uploaded snapshot, select it and click Load.
To remove a site copy: