If your business model employs resellers, plans and subscriptions work in almost the same way as for hosting service customers. The differences are as follows:
- In this case, we use the terms reseller plans and reseller subscriptions.
- Reseller add-on plans are not implemented.
- A reseller subscription is not linked to a domain; a reseller subscription provides a set of resources and services that the subscribed resellers redistribute by means of service subscriptions belonging to their customers or to themselves.
Starting with Plesk 12.0, the following operations on the Plesk business model were introduced:
- Converting customer accounts into reseller accounts.
- Converting reseller accounts into customer accounts.
- Moving customer accounts from one owner (reseller or administrator) to another.
Each operation can be performed on multiple accounts.
This section will guide you through the process of creating a reseller plan and starting to serve resellers.