Accessing and Working with Files
There are two ways to work with shared files:
- If you need to work with the files frequently, connect a Web Folder on the server to your computer.
- If you occasionally need to access the files, use the Plesk interface (Files section).
To use the File Manager built into your information system for working with files:
- In Plesk, click the Files section. The file manager opens.
- Use the following icons and links to work with files and directories.
In the left area:
- Upload Files. This starts a wizard that allows you to upload files and directories to the server.
- Personal Files. This takes you to the private directory where you can place files that only you can access. If you need to use the storage space on the server for backup purposes, or if you need to access files over the Internet, place your files into this directory. For more information, refer to the section Uploading Your Files to a Private Directory on the Server.
- Shared Files. This takes you to the shared (or common) directory where you should place files that must be available to other users within your organization. When you need to collaborate with other employees, place files into this directory. For more information, refer to the section Sharing Files with Other Users Within the Organization.
The right area shows a list of files and directories located in the currently selected directory, and a toolbar with the following items:
- Share. Select files in any directory and click this to move the files to the Shared Folder. This will make them accessible to all users authorized in your information system.
- Email Link. Select files in any directory and click this to send an email message notifying users of files location, so that the users could download them.
- Delete. Select files and click this to permanently remove them.
- More. This menu provides access to the following operations: Create a folder, copy or move files and folders.
- The icon (Link to this Folder). Click this to view or copy to clipboard the Internet address of the current folder.