Getting Familiar With Presence Builder
The interface of the Presence Builder editor has two main parts: your website and the main menu.
A website consists of a number of elements, or modules. Each module can be edited separately. Here we will familiarize you with the basic principles of website module editing. These are similar for all modules.
When adding a module to a page, you can choose whether it should be shown only on the current page, on all pages of the site, only on the front page, and on all pages except the front page:
- To place a module only on the current page, select the module under the Modules tab, and drag it to any of the areas marked with the word CONTENT. Such areas are located within the main content block and near the top of each sidebar.
- To place a module on all pages of the website, select the module under the Modules tab, and drag it to any of the areas marked with the word DESIGN. Such areas are located above and below the main content block, in sidebars, header, and footer.
- To place a module only on the front page, or on all pages except the front page, select the module under the Modules tab, drag it to a DESIGN area, and in the module's toolbar, change the option Always visible to Front page only or All except front page.
To locate or edit a website module, hover the mouse pointer over the part of the website you want to change. A frame will appear around the module. A control panel prompting you to move, edit, or remove the module will appear next to it.
The frame around modules in CONTENT areas is green, but around the modules in DESIGN areas it is blue.
The editor's main menu offers website editing options grouped under five tabs:
- Modules. Here you can choose necessary modules and drag them to any place on the page to fill your website with content.
- Design. Here you can change the design template, select the layout and general color scheme for your website, change colors of different elements, select fonts, corner shapes, and border style.
- Pages. Here you can add and delete pages, rename them, edit page meta information such as descriptions and keywords for use by search engines, mark a page as hidden so that your visitors cannot access it from the site menu, and password-protect access to pages.
- Documents. Here you can upload documents, images, and other files in various formats to your hosting account. You can then easily insert links to these documents into your website pages. Or, you can just keep the files on the hosting account for your own needs.
- Settings. Here you can edit your website name, description and keywords for search engines, upload a site icon (favicon), optimize the ranking of your website in search engine results, connect your site to Google Analytics, add a copy of your site to a Facebook page, select a language for your site, or set up a multi-language site (if this option is switched on by your hosting provider).
From the main menu, you can also do the following:
- Access the Dashboard to perform the following operations:
- View statistics on website visits. The statistics are provided by Google Analytics.
- View new comments left by site visitors on your website pages. The commenting functionality is provided by Disqus.
- View new orders from customers visiting your online stores. The online store functionality is provided by Ecwid.
- Save and load copies of your website by using the Save and Revert options.
- Access Presence Builder Getting Started video tutorial, view User’s Guide, or suggest a new feature for the product. To do this, select the corresponding option from the Help menu.
- Publish your website by using the Publish button.
- View how your website might look on a mobile device by selecting the Mobile Preview option in the menu next to the Publish button.
- Discard any changes made to a site and start creating the site anew by selecting More > Start Over. This does not delete your already published site copy.
- Delete a current website draft from the editor by selecting More > Remove Site. This does not delete your already published site copy.
You can drag the main menu to any place on the page for your convenience, or minimize it.
You can also access all options of the main menu in the context menu at any place on the page. To open the context menu, click the right mouse button.
Leave your feedback on this topic here
If you have questions or need support, please visit the Plesk forum or contact your hosting provider.
The comments below are for feedback on the documentation only. No timely answers or help will be provided.