Adding Custom Website Topics
Creation of a custom topic involves the following steps:
- Log in to Presence Builder and create a site with custom design and content: add pages, text, scripts, and select custom layout and styles.
- Save the created site to a snapshot and download the snapshot.
- Upload the snapshot to the server file system and convert it to a ZIP package.
You can do this by using the command-line utility
snapshot2wst.php, which is shipped with Presence Builder.
- Extract the package contents for further editing and edit the files that compose the site topic. In this step, you can:
- Make corrections to the text shown on website pages.
- Translate all text in the topic into a different language.
- Upload an icon that should accompany the site topic on the topic selection screen.
- Specify a title and a description for the new topic.
- Specify a title and a description for the topic category if you have decided to create a category.
- Register the newly created topic with Presence Builder by means of the
snapshot2wst.phputility. After registration, the new topic will appear on the topic selection screen in the Presence Builder editor.
- Verify that the topic was successfully added to Presence Builder.