Upgrading Customer Account to Reseller Account
The convert-to-reseller operation is used to upgrade customer accounts to reseller accounts.
Request Packet Structure
A request XML packet upgrading customer accounts to reseller accounts includes the convert-to-reseller node:
<packet> <customer> <convert-to-reseller> ... </convert-to-reseller> </customer> </packet>
The convert-to-reseller node does not have a separate type, it is nested within the ClientTypeRequest complex type (
client_input.xsd). Its graphical representation is as follows:
Note: The interactive schema navigator for all request packets is available here: http://plesk.github.io/api-schemas/126.96.36.199/agent_input.svg.
- The filter node is required. It specifies the filtering rule. Data type: clientSelectionFilterType. For more information on filters, refer to the Available Filters section.
- The reseller-plan-name node is optional. If it is not specified, then the user is converted, but is not subscribed to a reseller plan. Instead, it is allocated the sum of resources and permissions that were available to the customer.
Response Packet Structure
The convert-to-reseller node of the output XML packet is structured as follows:
Note: The interactive schema navigator for all response packets is available here: http://plesk.github.io/api-schemas/188.8.131.52/agent_output.svg.
- The result node is required. It wraps the response retrieved from the server. Data type: ResultFilterType (
- The status node is required. It specifies the execution status of the operation. Data type: string. Allowed values: ok | error.
- The errcode node is optional. It is used to return the error code when the operation fails. Data type: unsignedInt.
- The errtext node is optional. Can be used to return the error message if the operation fails. Data type: string.
- The filter-id node is optional. Returns the filtering parameter. Data type: anySimple.
- The id node is optional. It is required if the operation succeeds. Returns the unique identifier of the reseller account. Data type: integer.
A request packet converting a customer account into a reseller account looks as follows:
<packet> <customer> <convert-to-reseller> <filter> <login>JDoe</login> </filter> </convert-to-reseller> </customer> </packet>
<packet version="184.108.40.206"> <customer> <convert-to-reseller> <result> <status>ok</status> <filter-id>JDoe</filter-id> <id>192</id> </result> </convert-to-reseller> </customer> </packet>
Leave your feedback on this topic here
If you have questions or need support, please visit the Plesk forum or contact your hosting provider.
The comments below are for feedback on the documentation only. No timely answers or help will be provided.