Synchronyzing DNS Zones with Template
Plesk for Linux gives you the ability to synchronize all the DNS records containing a predefined IP address with the server-wide DNS template. The synchronization is performed according to the following rules:
- User-modified records always remain intact (are not modified or removed under any circumstances).
- Records added to the template are added to the zone.
- Records removed from the template are removed from the zone (if they were not changed by users before that).
- Records modified in the template are modified in the zone (if they were not changed by users before that).
To retrieve the ACL of your name server, use the get_acl operation. This operation is available on Linux only.
A request XML packet synchronizing DNS zones with the template includes the sync-with-template operation node.
The graphical representation of the sync-with-template node is as follows:
- The filter node is required. It specifies the filtering rule:
the used IP address, according to the dnsIpSelectionFilter filter.
For more information, refer to the Available Filters
section. Data type: dnsIpSelectionFilterType
The sync-with-template node of the output XML packet is structured as follows:
- The result node is required. It wraps the response retrieved
from the server. Data type: resultType (
- The status node is required. It specifies the execution status of the add_rec operation. Data type: string. Allowed values: ok | error.
- The errcode node is optional. It is used to return the error code when the add_rec operation fails. Data type: unsignedInt.
- The errtext node is optional. It is used to return the error message if the add_rec operation fails. Data type: string.
This request packet synchronizes DNS records with the IP address 188.8.131.52 with the server-wide template.
<packet> <dns> <sync-with-template> <filter> <used-ip>184.108.40.206</used-ip> </filter> </sync-with-template> </dns> </packet>
<packet version="220.127.116.11"> <dns> <sync-with-template> <result> <status>ok</status> </result> </sync-with-template> </dns> </packet>