Overview of Plesk Interface
Plesk enables web hosting customers to easily perform a wide variety of tasks using a robust and easy to use web interface. It includes all the necessary tools to create and manage websites, mailboxes, databases, and so on. Let us take a look at a screenshot displaying Plesk interface and examine how various tools are arranged there:
- This section displays the name of the user who is currently logged in, and the currently selected subscription. The user can change the properties of their user account and choose what subscription they want to manage.
- This section contains the Help menu. The Help menu lets users access a context-sensitive online guide and watch video tutorials.
- This section features the Search field.
- This section holds the navigation pane with various items that help organize the Plesk interface. Tools are grouped by function, for example, the tools enabling users to manage web hosting settings are found on the Websites & Domains page, and those enabling to manage mail accounts are found on the Mail page. Here is a short description of all the pages and the functionality they enable:
- Websites & Domains. Tools present here enable customers to add and remove domains, subdomains, and domain aliases. They also enable them to manage various web hosting settings, create and manage databases and database users, change their DNS settings, and secure their websites with SSL/TLS certificates.
- Mail. Tools present here enable customers to add and remove mail accounts, as well as manage mail server settings.
- Applications. Tools present here enable customers to easily install and manage a wide range of web applications.
- Files. This page features a web-based file manager that enables customers to upload content to their website, as well as manage files already present on the file system within their subscription.
- Databases. This page allows customers to create new ar manage existing databases.
- Statistics. This page features information about disk and traffic usage, as well as the link to web statistics that present a detailed overview of the site’s visitors.
- Users. Tools present here enable customers to add and remove user accounts that enable other people to log in to Plesk.
- Account. This page features information about resource usage for the subscription, allowed hosting options and granted permissions. Tools present here enable customers to retrieve and update their contact details and other personal information, and also back up their subscription settings and websites.
- This section houses all the controls relevant to the page that is currently open. On the screenshot, the Websites & Domains page is open, and so the various tools that allow managing aspects of the subscription related to web hosting are displayed.
- This section contains a mix of various miscellaneous controls and information displays featured for users' convenience.
Further in the guide, we will provide instructions explaining how to perform many everyday tasks. In most cases, they instruct users to open one of the tabs and click one of the controls present there. If the tab or control in question is missing from the panel, the most likely reason is that it is disabled for the subscription in question. Customers who find themselves in such situations need to contact their provider for assistance.