Installing Plesk in Virtuozzo Containers
There are two ways to install Plesk on Virtuozzo:
- Using the Plesk installer script -- the same way as in the case with physical servers
- Using Virtuozzo Application Templates -- the native application management mechanism
Note: We recommend that you use the Plesk installer script for this purpose.
The process of deploying multiple Plesk servers on Virtuozzo in this case follows this workflow:
- Create a Virtuozzo container
For instructions on creating Virtuozzo containers, see Creating Virtual machines and Containers in the Virtuozzo User's Guide.
- Install Plesk in the container using the installer script
You can choose any of the ways described in this guide.
- Prepare the Plesk instance installed in the container for cloning
For instructions on how to prepare a Plesk instance for cloning, see Deploying Plesk Servers by Cloning.
- Clone the container as many times as necessary
For instructions on cloning Virtuozzo containers, see Copying Virtual Machines and Containers within Server in the Virtuozzo User's Guide.
- Perform post-install configuration
The post-installation setup for Plesk in a Virtuozzo container is absolutely the same as for other types of installation. It includes Plesk initialization, installation of a license key, and so on. You can either perform it manually or automate the process using the Plesk API.
For instructions on performing manual post-install configuration, see Post-install Configuration on a Single Server.
For instructions on how to initialize Plesk programmatically, see Post-install Configuration on Multiple Servers.