Connecting a Working Plesk Server as a Service Node
It is possible to connect a Plesk server that is being used to a Multi Server as a service node. This could be useful for the owners of a few Plesk servers who already have a working Multi Server installation. Connecting other working Plesk servers to a Multi Server will help take advantage of the following benefits:
- Single entry point for end users,
- Global settings management across all servers,
- Load balancing,
- Easier integration with WHMCS.
The process follows these steps:
- Multi Server administrator attaches a Plesk server. If the system requirements are met, it appears on the list of service nodes in a special status.
- Multi Server checks for conflicts in accounts, subscriptions, etc. If there are conflicts, the administrator resolves them.
- Data are synced.
- New service node is activated and functioning.
- Alternatively, if something goes wrong, the Plesk server is detached, restored to its original state (the only exception is the names of service plans that are modified in order to avoid naming conflicts), and is functioning normally.
Before the new service node becomes active and participates in load balancing, the Plesk Multi Server add-on license must be installed on it. For instructions, refer to Plesk Multi Server Licensing.