With the Map module, you can easily add a map with your location to a website. Maps are provided by the Google Maps service, which is available free of charge.
The following functions are supported:
- Searching for an object on a map by address or by latitude and longitude coordinates.
- Selecting the mode of map display by switching between Map, Satellite, Satellite with labels, and Terrain views.
- Adjustment of the map scale: zoom in or out.
- Selecting the map size: Small, Medium, or Large.
- Adding map markers identifying locations on the map.
- Displaying the overview map in the lower right corner of the map block. The overview map shows the extent of your main zoomed map.
When you add a map, the module uses the information about your location that you specified after selecting a website topic. You can specify a new location at any time.
To add a map to your site:
- Go to the Modules tab, select Map, and drag the module to the page.
- Specify the desired location and click Search. You can type an address or coordinates. For example:
- Select the desired map view from the map mode menu, and the zoom level from the zoom level menu.
- Select the desired map size from the Map size menu.
- Specify desired locations on the map with map markers. To add a map marker, change your mouse pointer to a marker by clicking the map marker image in the upper left corner of the map, click a desired location on the map, specify the marker title and description.
- To add an overview map displaying the extent of your main map, click the arrow image in the lower right corner of the map block.
- Click OK.
To remove a map:
Place the mouse pointer over the map and click Remove.