With the Map module, you can easily add a map with your location to a website. Maps are provided by the Google Maps service, which is available free of charge.
The following functions are supported:
- Searching for an object on a map by address or by latitude and longitude coordinates.
- Selecting the mode of map display by switching between Map, Satellite, Satellite with labels, and Terrain views.
- Adjustment of the map scale: zoom in or out.
- Selecting the map size: Small, Medium, or Large.
- Adding map markers identifying locations on the map.
- Displaying the overview map in the lower right corner of the map block. The overview map shows the extent of your main zoomed map.
When you add a map, the module uses the information about your location that you specified after selecting a website topic. You can specify a new location at any time.
To add a map to your site:
- Go to the Modules tab, select Map, and drag the module to the page.
- Specify the desired location and click Search. You can type an address or coordinates. For example:
- Select the desired map view from the map mode menu, and the zoom level from the zoom level menu.
- Select the desired map size from the Map size menu.
- Specify desired locations on the map with map markers. To add a map marker, change your mouse pointer to a marker by clicking the map marker image in the upper left corner of the map, click a desired location on the map, specify the marker title and description.
- To add an overview map displaying the extent of your main map, click the arrow image in the lower right corner of the map block.
- Click OK.
To remove a map:
Place the mouse pointer over the map and click Remove.
Leave your comments on this page
Leave your feedback or question on this documentation topic below. For technical assistance, contact your hosting service provider or submit a request to Plesk support. Suggest new features for Plesk here. Discuss general questions on the Plesk forum. All offtopic comments will be removed.