Action Log 1.0.0
- Initial release.
DigiCert SSL 1.6.2
- Performance improvements. We strongly recommend that you update the extension.
Social Login 1.5.0
- Added the ability to log in with a My Plesk account.
Domain Connect 1.4.0
- Users can now automatically configure mail DNS-records.
- Users can now automatically configure DNS for subdomains.
- Users can now use Domain Connect to verify their domains ownership for Bing Webmaster Tools.
- The extension now supports SPFM records. This enables to update the existing SPF record with the rules from the SPFM record.
DigiCert SSL 1.6.1
- Internal security improvements. We strongly recommend that you update the extension.
Plesk Migrator 2.17.5
- Adjusted Plesk Migrator to support the maximum length of FTP usernames in Plesk 17.8 and later (32 characters).
WordPress Toolkit 4.2.2
- Integration with Website Overview in Plesk Obsidian was updated, making sure that users can still access WordPress Toolkit quickly on each website.
- Tools block was moved to a separate column on the website card for increased visibility and easier access.
- Smart Updates no longer fails to update websites that have issues with infinite redirects. (EXTWPTOOLK-3328)
- IDNs (international domain names) are now properly displayed on the Smart Update comparison screen. (EXTWPTOOLK-3239)
- Website screenshots no longer disappear for reasons unknown when user is opening the Smart Update comparison screen. (EXTWPTOOLK-3260)
- Update of multiple websites should not fail to start anymore in certain cases. (EXTWPTOOLK-3284)
- WordPress Toolkit now exhibits more patience when connecting remote websites via plugin, ensuring that websites hosted on slower servers can be properly connected without timeouts. (EXTWPTOOLK-3278)
- Users can now try Plesk Obsidian online demos.
Introduced new Plesk notifications, which are now shown in a separate pane. To see notifications, click the bell icon in the upper right corner of the screen. Here you can also manage the notifications’ settings. To do so, click the gear icon.
At the moment, the notification pane shows only one notification type (when one of the parameters monitored by Server Health reached the “red” alert level). More notifications are on the way.
- When Postfix is used,
mail.<domain>can now be secured if an SSL/TLS certificate covers it.
- It is now possible to create a secret key via the CLI or API without specifying the IP address the key will be linked to.
- Updated Plesk banners (Plesk Welcome screen, Plesk initializing screen, and others) shown when the Obsidian color scheme is selected.
- A Plesk custom logo and page title can now be installed via the CLI or API.
- A Plesk edition is no longer shown on the Plesk logo and some other screens. Users can always see a Plesk edition in Tools & Settings > About Plesk (under “Plesk”).
- Redesigned the website screen in Websites & Domains: removed the duplicated info and made the screen more laconic.
- File Manager now switches to a correct website, when File Manager is opened via a direct URL. (PPP-41536)
- Duplicate access controls are no longer shown when adding or updating a database user in Plesk that has remote configuration of database servers. (PPP-43181)
- If a particular subscription does not have the “Setup of potentially insecure web scripting options that override provider’s policy” permission, a user can now change the subscription’s hosting settings. (PPP-42972)
- Email aliases with the same name can now be created via the XML-RPC. (PPP-43256)
- Mail users now receive email notifications when more than 95% of their mailbox disk space is occupied. The users can also see the information about the mailbox storage disk space, its usage, and limits in the Horde and Roundcube webmail clients.
- On new Plesk servers, the Poppassd service on TCP port 106 no longer accepts external connections from the Internet.
- If Postfix is used, an SSL/TLS certificate from Let’s Encrypt (and from other CAs whose certificate files contain the CSR part) can now secure mail for a domain. If you renamed your domain or restored it from a backup and now face issues with your mail for a domain, assign an SSL/TLS certificate to the mail once again. (PPPM-10715)
- In File Manager, all files can no longer be renamed so that their names contain
spaces at the beginning or end (for example, “file “ and “ file”). Previously, if the
.htaccessfile was renamed this way, a website could work incorrectly. (PPP-43006)
- The phpMyAdmin interface is now again accessible via the URL
- Improved stability in PHP 7.3.7 and 7.2.20 by fixing the PHP-FPM segmentation faults in
- The “Maximum bandwidth usage (KB/s)” and “Connections limited to” options on the “Performance” tab of a service plan can no longer be changed if the Apache “bw” module is not enabled. (PPP-43011)
- MariaDB is now used as a database server for customers’ websites on new installations of Plesk Obsidian. If you have upgraded to Plesk Obsidian, we strongly recommend that you switch from MySQL to MariaDB. To do so, go to Tools & Settings > Updates > select MariaDB under “MySQL server” and then click Continue. Existing MySQL databases will not be updated anymore even for security reasons, while MariaDB will be updated regularly.
- Plesk administrators and customers can now choose in which mode IIS will run applications: the default 64-bit mode for new applications or optional 32-bit mode for old ones.
- Plesk administrators can now change the location of the customers’ MySQL data directory in Plesk Reconfigurator.
- Plesk updates of MySQL will no longer overwrite all custom
my.inisettings with the default values: only the
datadirsettings will be now overwritten. (PPP-43013)
Third-Party Component Updates
- PostgreSQL 10 is now supported.
- Updated PHP 7.3 to version 7.3.7.
- Updated PHP 7.2 to version 7.2.20.
- Updated Roundcube to version 1.3.9.
- Updated tar to version 1.32.
- Updated ModSecurity to version 2.9.3.
- Updated Phusion Passenger to version 6.0.2.
- Updated MariaDB to version 10.3.16.
WordPress Toolkit 4.2.1
- Users should now be able to perform Smart Update on websites that have a lot of pages. (EXTWPTOOLK-3283)
Plesk DNSSEC 1.2.1
- If a subscription does not have the “DNS management” permission, the DNSSEC button is no longer shown in Websites & Domains > domains that belong to the subscription. (EXTDNSSEC-50)
- If a Plesk server does not have the BIND DNS server component installed, DNSSEC is now installed and its screen shows instructions how to install BIND. (EXTDNSSEC-53)
WordPress Toolkit 4.2.0
- Users can now upload plugins and themes straight to their website when they open the plugin or theme installation dialog on the website card.
- Website card now has a link to the corresponding domain in Plesk for easier navigation.
- Smart Update speed was dramatically improved.
- Screenshot comparison screens shown in Smart Update details were streamlined.
- Updates screen was cleaned up and polished, eliminating various small UX issues.
- Website card view was optimized, making the card a bit more compact.
- WordPress Toolkit was finally shamed into regularly cleaning up
wp-cliutility cache on a per-site basis.
- The File Manager link on the website card is now more visible and prominent.
- WordPress Toolkit now displays more details about the update process of WordPress core, plugins, and themes. This change also affects the Smart Update process, making it more transparent.
- Sites can now be installed and cloned into non-empty directories (including directories with random
.phpfiles, mummified remains of ancient WordPress sites, and so on). Users will be warned and asked for confirmation if target directory is not empty.
- The task responsible for checking and running automatic updates (
instances-auto-update.php) was rescheduled to run between 1 AM and 6 AM randomly on each server to avoid causing power surges in datacenters.
- Smart Updates: E-mail notifications about Smart Updates no longer include periods after HTML links (this could break certain links). (EXTWPTOOLK-1759)
- Smart Updates: When users are launching Smart Update while the Smart Update license is expired, a proper message will be displayed in UI. (EXTWPTOOLK-2796)
- Smart Updates: Confusing error message about needing a valid SSL/TLS certificate was unconfused. (EXTWPTOOLK-2599)
- Smart Updates: The system now properly notifies users when Smart Update skips a website for some reason during mass update operation. (EXTWPTOOLK-2733)
- Smart Updates: Select Page dropdown now properly displays full website URL of WordPress websites installed in a subdirectory. (EXTWPTOOLK-3224)
- Smart Updates: Open in Plesk link no longer overlaps the Select Page dropdown in some cases. (EXTWPTOOLK-3203)
- Remote websites with broken database connection are now correctly marked as broken in UI. (EXTWPTOOLK-2950)
- CLI output for remote WordPress websites was made more consistent with the output shown for local WordPress websites. (EXTWPTOOLK-2921)
- Clicking Help in Plesk will now take users to the right help page. (EXTWPTOOLK-3091)
- Checking the security status under certain circumstances cannot destroy Plugins and Themes tabs in website cards anymore. (EXTWPTOOLK-2867)
- Plugins can be added to sets via CLI without the
- When users were choosing to copy only the new database tables using Copy Data functionality, all tables were copied instead if one of the new tables didn’t have the table prefix. This despicable behavior was nipped in the bud. (EXTWPTOOLK-3123)
- The URL of WordPress website installed on a wildcard subdomain is now displayed correctly. (EXTWPTOOLK-3086)
- Scan functionality no longer can be broken by the potential data inconsistency mess left by WordPress websites installed via APS. (EXTWPTOOLK-3065)
- Users cannot start the update process for a website that’s already being updated. (EXTWPTOOLK-3174)
- Text placeholders are no longer displayed when looking for certain things in Plesk Search. (EXTWPTOOLK-3004)
- Updating WordPress to a newer version on remote hosting with PHP 5.3 will now show a proper error prompt about PHP requirements. (EXTWPTOOLK-3190)
Advanced Monitoring 1.0.1
- If the
grafana-serverservice was not running, users can now start it clicking a button on the Advanced Monitoring page.
- If the Grafana extension was disabled, the Advanced Monitoring page now shows a clear error message that suggests enabling Grafana. (EXTPLESK-1001)
- Megabytes and kilobytes are now used as units of measurement. (EXTPLESK-1005)
- Installed Advanced Monitoring no longer prevents Plesk from logging out after inactivity time-out. (EXTPLESK-1014)
- Advanced Monitoring now displays data in Plesk on DigitalOcean and Lightsail. (EXTPLESK-1007)
- In Plesk on DigitalOcean and Lightsail, Advanced Monitoring no longer shows the 500 Internal Server Error on certain charts (for example, CPU). (EXTPLESK-1008)
- When selected, “Advanced Monitoring” is now highlighted in the left navigation pane. (EXTPLESK-1008)
- Advanced Monitoring now works correctly in Plesk that has the Plesk Premium Antivirus component installed. (EXTPLESK-754)
- Improved stability during import of datasources and dashboards of other extensions to Grafana.
- Grafana now works correctly in Plesk that has the Plesk Premium Antivirus component installed. (EXTPLESK-754)
Let’s Encrypt 2.8.2
- The ‘rsa-key-size’ setting in the ‘panel.ini’ file now again sets an RSA key size. (EXTLETSENC-714)
- The webmail client of an add-on domain is no longer changed to the client of the main domain (or even disabled if webmail was disabled for the main domain) when any of the following actions are done to the SSL/TLS certificate of the main domain: issuing, manual or automatic renewal, enabling “Keep websites secured”, or unassigning. (EXTLETSENC-603)
Repair Kit 1.2.0
- Added a new feature “MySQL Process List” (Beta). Users can now see:
- The list of processes being handled by the local MySQL server.
- The MySQL process details: what queries are being processed and how much resources they consume.
To try the new feature, go to Tools & Settings > MySQL Process List (Beta) (under “Assistance and Troubleshooting”).
- Made a number of UX improvements.
Plesk Migrator 2.17.4
- When migrating to Plesk from the latest version of cPanel that has MySQL 5.7 installed, database users are now also migrated and the applications work correctly after the migration. (PMT-4627)
SSL It! 1.0.1
- If SLL It! is available for a domain, the domain screen in Websites & Domains can no longer show the duplicate “SSL/TLS Certificates” link that leads to the old interface for managing SSL/TLS certificates. (EXTSSLIT-535)
- TLS protocols and ciphers can now be again synced with Mozilla: a more stable configuration of protocols and ciphers is used at the moment. (EXTSSLIT-539)
PHP Composer 0.9.1
- Initial release.
Let’s Encrypt 2.8.1
- Securing Plesk with SSL/TLS certificates from Let’s Encrypt is now again available in Tools & Settings > SSL/TLS certificates. (EXTLETSENC-699)
- It is now possible to issue wildcard SSL/TLS certificates from Let’s Encrypt if the BIND DNS server component is not installed. (EXTLETSENC-558)
- Fixed the look of the Git section on the “Add Domain” screen. (EXTGIT-85)
- Pulling updates no longer fails with the “Call to a member function websiteOverviewUrl() on null” error. (EXTGIT-88)
Plesk administrators can now install the Advanced Monitoring and Grafana extensions on Plesk Obsidian.
Advanced Monitoring is a revamped version of the Server Health Monitor component, which inherits all the component’s features: detailed reports on the server health, on system resources’ usage, and so on. However, Advanced Monitoring displays all server metrics as visually appealing graphs and dashboards by Grafana.
It is possible because Advanced Monitoring works in tandem with Grafana. When you install Advanced Monitoring, Grafana is also automatically installed. If you are an experienced Grafana user, server metrics collected by Advanced Monitoring is not your single source of data. You can also integrate Grafana with other data sources of your choice.
For more information, read the descriptions of the Advanced Monitoring and Grafana extensions in the Extensions Catalog.
- Plesk users can now move an add-on domain to a new subscription in the Plesk interface (the add-domain will then become the main domain of the subscription).
Plesk Administrators can now move an add-on domain to a new subscription via the CLI running the following command:
plesk bin site --move addon_domain.com -login target_login -passwd target_password
- Added the event “Domain moved”, which is triggered when an add-on domain is moved to another existing or new subscription.
- Plesk administrators can now change subjects of the email notification messages (the same way they did so for the messages’ texts).
- Email notifications about automatic installation of system package updates can now be sent to a custom email address.
- There are now no release tiers in Plesk Obsidian and later.
- A Plesk mail server and webmail are now available via HTTPS by default: they are secured with the default SSL/TLS certificate that secures Plesk itself.
Revamped the look and feel of the main menu:
- Introduced new icons.
- Changed how the menu looks on various screen sizes
- Changed hide and show effects and conditions on various screen sizes.
- Made the search bar of the main menu more visible by moving the search bar to the top of the screen.
- Improved the text of the message shown when a user tries to upgrade to Plesk Obsidian, while the installed Plesk license is not compatible with Plesk Obsidian.
- In Web Admin and Web Pro editions, the information about availability of customers and resellers is now shown correctly in Plesk > Tools & Settings > License Management. (PPP-42195)
- Protected directories for root locations can now be again created via XML-RPC. (PPP-42741)
- After a user changes its email address in the Plesk account, all previously sent links to reset the account’s password now automatically expire. (PPP-42541)
- Adding protected directories for root locations no longer breaks nginx. (PPP-42741)
- Errors no longer occur after renaming databases’ tables via phpMyAdmin. (PPP-41491)
- An additional FTP account that was created after a subscription was suspended can no longer access the suspended subscription’s home directory via FTP. (PPP-42247)
Third-Party Component Updates
- Updated phpMyAdmin to version 188.8.131.52.
- Updated Dovecot to version 2.3.6.
- Updated nginx to version 1.16.0 (both for Plesk and customers’ websites).
- Added support for Smartermail 100.0.
- Added support for Node.js 12 (except CentOS 6, Debian 7.x, Ubuntu 12.x).
- Added support for Node.js 10.
- Updated Node.js 8.x to version 8.16.0.
- Ruby 2.6 is now supported.
- Ruby 2.5 is now supported.
- Ruby 2.4.x was updated to version 2.4.6.
- Ruby 2.3.x was updated to version 2.3.8.
- Initial release.
Advanced Monitoring 1.0.0
- Initial release.
- Extension developers can now integrate their own extensions with Advisor by:
- Adding recommendations to use their own extensions. For reference, use the source code of the Advisor Integration Example extension.
- Adding ratings for these recommendations. The Plesk team updates the ratings promptly on demand without launching a new version of Advisor.
- Removed using the Atomic Advanced rule set from the list of recommendations.
- The extension is now hidden for all additional users. (EXTADVISOR-428)
- Protected directories for root locations can now be again created via XML-RPC. (PPP-42781)
- Adding protected directories for root locations no longer breaks nginx. (PPP-42787)
WordPress Toolkit 4.1.1
- Handling of wp-cli timeouts was improved to avoid putting innocent WordPress sites into quarantine.
- WordPress Toolkit can now connect remote WordPress sites hosted using Bitnami WordPress images from Amazon Marketplace and other cloud marketplaces. (EXTWPTOOLK-3003)
- Successful update of WordPress core from 5.2.1 to 5.2.2 no longer displays an error in WordPress Toolkit UI. (EXTWPTOOLK-3040)
- WordPress Toolkit no longer slows down dramatically when connecting individual remote WordPress sites if their
wp-config.phphas read-only access permission. (EXTWPTOOLK-3007)
Plesk Migrator 2.17.2
- The extension is now compatible with Plesk Obsidian.
- Databases can now be migrated to target Plesk servers on Windows in which the “Chinese (Simplified, China)” language is set as the system locale. (PMT-4570)
Extensions Catalog 1.8.0
Extensions whose licenses were installed in Plesk are now automatically installed. Turn this behavior on or off in the
panel.inifile by adding the following lines:
[ext-catalog] extensionAutoInstall = true/false
- The extension now handles situations when the docker service is stopped to avoid logging extra errors.
- We named the current build “Plesk Obsidian Release Candidate 1.0”. Our team worked hard to make this release stable and fixed 133 issues in addition to the ones listed in these Release Notes. Even better, should you have trouble with this build, Plesk support team will accept support requests for Plesk Obsidian Release Candidate 1.0.
- The SSL It! extension in now installed by default.
- The Repair Kit extension in now installed by default.
plesk bin init_conf --initno longer fails when the
-stateoption is omitted and
-country ESis used. (PPP-42336)
- Improved UX when a user tries to remove a backup that is included in a server, reseller or customer level backup: Plesk shows the message that these backups cannot be removed and they are no longer hidden in the user’s interface. (PPP-41039)
- Additional services displayed on Subscriptions > subscription > the “Account” tab > the “Additional services” tab now have descriptions. (PPP-38747)
- When requesting an SSL/TLS certificate, organization names in Chinese are now shown correctly. (PPP-39069)
- The warning “Restore reseller plan “Default Reseller” is no longer shown when restoring a full server backup of a Plesk server with the Web Pro license installed. (PPP-39289)
- Custom buttons that has their own icons and files which names start with the dash character are now backed up without warnings. (PPP-39844)
- Resellers can now sync subscriptions that were once unsynced. (PPP-40252)
- Is now possible to hide Tools & Settings > PHP Settings in Restricted Mode. (PPP-41438)
- Improved the error message shown if a backup created in FTP storage contains an invalid XML file dump-header. (PPP-38786)
- A subdomain’s DNS record is now removed after the subdomain is removed after the BIND installation. (PPP-39828)
- It is now possible to configure FTP storage that does not recognize the
LIST -acommand. (PPP-39434)
- When a subscription has several add-on domains or subdomains, the subscription overview screen no longer shows the “There are … domains to show. Load all or switch to Classic List” bar. (PPP-40632)
- A subscription can now be fully removed if a hard disk quota is not synced. (PPP-34711)
plesk bin mail --infocommand now shows a correct value of a mailbox size if the mailbox size is the same as in the corresponding service plan. (PPP-40804)
plesk bin server_pref -scommand now shows the status of all options it can manage. (PPP-41887)
- If a service plan has “Setup of potentially insecure web scripting options that override provider’s policy” disabled, changing a PHP handler in the service plan no longer causes repetitive warnings “There are settings that conflict with the server-wide security policy” to be shown. (PPP-31334)
- Backup Manager is now opened fast if FTP storage is unavailable. (PPP-38660)
- Website preview is now automatically disabled if it was turned on a domain which DNS service was disabled. (PPP-35142)
- Creating a certificate signing request no longer adds the “www” prefix to a subdomain or a domain which preferred domain is set as “none” or without the the “www” prefix. (PPP-41548)
- A DNS record that causes DNS inconsistency can now be removed. (PPP-39511)
plesk bin mailserver --info white-listcommand now shows the full list of mail’s white-listed IP addresses. (PPP-39947)
- Parts of a a multi-volume backup can now be again downloaded from FTP storage. (PPP-37275)
- Subscriptions are now again locked if their mail settings were changed, while the “Ability to change mail settings” permission was not selected for the service plan subscriptions belong to. (PPP-41607)
- Plesk for Linux now support SNI for mail when Postfix version 3.4.0 and Dovecot
are used together. There are a number of limitations that we plan to fix in the future releases:
- SNI certificates cannot currently be backed up, restored, or migrated.
- SAN certificates (including mail.*) are not served by additional names.
- Domain aliases might have wrong certificates (default one, not from site) in some scenarios.
- If the IMAP or SMTP server is replaced with one without SNI support, certificates are kept but can no longer be managed.
- Plesk now ships with Postfix 3.4 on all supported Linux OSes except Debian 8 and CentOS/RHEL/CloudLinux 6.
- In Plesk on CloudLinux, Node.js and Ruby applications now work when CageFS is enabled.
- Plesk administrators can now specify the timeout for Apache health check on reload by using the
apacheReloadTimeoutsetting (under the
webserversection) in the
panel.inifile. The default timeout is 40 seconds, the minimum one is 5 seconds.
- The Mailman service is now automatically enabled after enabling mailing lists and rebooting the service. (PPP-40080)
- If a subscription was created under a service plan with the disabled nginx proxy mode and the chosen “FPM Application served by nginx” PHP handler, applying a created add-on plan to the subscription no longer leads to incorrectly processed PHP files. (PPP-41201)
- Enhanced reliability of removing subscriptions. (PPP-41164)
- The text in the Watchdog component is now fully localized. (PPP-42128)
- In Plesk behind NAT (for example, Plesk on Lightsail), public IP addresses can now be added or changed if the “BIND DNS server” component is not installed. (PPP-37155)
- Plesk Onyx servers are no longer upgraded to Plesk Obsidian if the installed license does not support Plesk Obsidian. (PPP-42299)
- Plesk administrators no longer receive hourly email notifications that the Kaspersky Anti-Virus license was updated. (PPP-41988)
- The PHP-FPM service no longer crashes after the domain renaming. (PPP-42016)
- The website preview URL is no longer automatically redirected to the main website URL if the www domain was set as preferred and “Permanent SEO-safe 301 redirect from HTTP to HTTPS” was enabled. (PPP-41588)
- If “Permanent SEO-safe 301 redirect from HTTP to HTTPS” was enabled for a website that was set as the default one for an IP address, preview of this and other non-default websites on the IP address is no longer broken. (PPP-40807)
- After removal of an SSL/TLS certificate, running the
plesk repair db -ncommand no longer shows the warning that the
cert_rep_idcolumn does not have the
- The Dovecot LDA service no longer shows warnings that it cannot report statistics under
popuser:popuserin Postfix. (PPP-41828)
- If an external MySQL server is set as the default one for a domain and “Allow local connections only” is selected in Database Hosting Settings, the notification about forbidden connections to the database is shown when a user tries to install an application that require databases (for example, Joomla! or Drupal). (PPP-37081)
- In Plesk behind NAT, selecting the “Send from the specified IP addresses” option with the internal IP address in Mail Server Settings no longer changes an external IP address of the mail.example.com DNS record to the internal one. (PPP-41868)
- The message about unsupported architectures is now shown if a user tries to install Plesk on a server that has the ARM CPU architecture. (PPP-41222)
plesk bin domain --show-web-server-settings example.comnow also shows additional nginx directives. (PPP-40001)
- Dist-upgrade from Debian 8 to Debian 9 no longer fails if the DNSSEC extension was installed. (PPP-38286)
- An event handler with the “Update installed” parameter now again triggers when Plesk updates are installed. (PPP-40513)
- It is no longer possible to suspend domains until the backup task is completed. (PPP-41034)
- No more errors regarding
quotacheck_wrapper.shon systems with XFS. (PPP-28299)
- Removed legacy integration with Acronis True Image from code.
- Reduced time necessary for opening the domain overview screen if a subscription has a large number of websites and databases (more than 150). The screen is now shown after 2 seconds compared with 10 seconds previously. (PPP-40479)
- Customizations of
DUMP_Dare now kept after the
plesk.msipackage was upgraded. (PPP-41825)
- The error “error when communicating with server” no longer occasionally appears during searching for text in emails in the Horde webmail. (PPP-33348)
- Backing up of the subscription that has a large number of files no longer finishes with the warning. (PPP-39179)
- DNS zones on a slave DNS server are now synced with those on the primary DNS server. (PPP-39990)
- The website preview URL is no longer automatically redirected to the main website URL if the www domain was set as the preferred one and “Permanent SEO-safe 301 redirect from HTTP to HTTPS” was enabled. (PPP-42279)
- Deleting a subscription with a mail account now deletes the mail account system users. (PPP-40082)
- Additional read or write permissions are no longer occasionally applied incorrectly to the
- When a mailbox password is changed to one that exceeds the allowed number of characters, a clear validation error message is now shown. (PPP-41211)
- A database backup file can now be downloaded if the file name contains the space or the plus characters. (PPP-41984)
- If files were not included in a backup (for example, because of the wrong permissions), the files will no longer be added to the backup index and they will be included in the next backup after their permissions were fixed. (PPP-41470)
Third-Party Component Updates
- Updated PHP 7.3 to version 7.3.6.
- Updated PHP 7.2 to version 7.2.19.
- Updated PHP 7.1 to version 7.1.30.
- Updated MySQL 5.7 to version 5.7.26.
- Updated MySQL 5.6 to version 5.6.44.
- Updated MySQL Connector/ODBC 5.3 to version 5.3.13.
- Updated BIND to version 9.14.1.
- Updated Horde to version 5.2.21.
- Updated IMP, a Horde component, to version 6.2.23.
- Updated Kronolith, a Horde component, to version 4.2.27.
- Updated Nag, a Horde component, to version 4.2.24.
WordPress Toolkit 4.1.0
- You can now connect remote WordPress installations to WordPress Toolkit and manage them without having SSH root access to the remote host. To access this feature, use the “Connect [Beta]” button on the WordPress website list and provide your WordPress administrator credentials. This feature is a part of the overall Remote Management functionality, so it’s available only for Server Administrators as a beta feature.
- WordPress websites are now put into quarantine if WordPress Toolkit is not able to properly access certain important files. WordPress Toolkit could not manage such websites previously, since WordPress installation list froze if these websites were encountered. This should also address issues with connecting remote servers with such websites.
- WordPress Toolkit now provides more information about broken websites to help users identify the website and troubleshoot the problem.
- Remote Management functionality was improved and updated based on the user feedback.
- Clone and Copy Data operations now handle absolute paths in WordPress database. (EXTWPTOOLK-2601)
- Smart Update procedure is now more patient, so it has much less chance to fail because of a timeout. (EXTWPTOOLK-2723)
- Smart Update purchase button is not available to end users anymore. Only server administrators can now purchase or upgrade Smart Update license, as intended. (EXTWPTOOLK-2730)
- Smart Update procedure steps now communicate better with each other, so issues encountered by one step are now immediately displayed and do not leave the next steps hanging in the dark until the timeout. (EXTWPTOOLK-2734)
- Rollback of security measures that modify
wp-config.phpfile won’t have a chance of breaking the WordPress website anymore. (EXTWPTOOLK-2824)
- There was a small chance that WordPress website could be accidentally deleted due to inconsistency of WordPress Toolkit database. It would be very painful, so this chance was extinguished. (EXTWPTOOLK-2686)
- Remote Management feature now checks if PHP interpreter on remote server has all required PHP extensions before trying to connect the website. (EXTWPTOOLK-2677)
- Remote Management feature now displays a proper error message if SSH key contents are not valid. (EXTWPTOOLK-2729)
- Customers with multiple subscriptions can now install WordPress on one of them if another subscription does not have the “Database server selection” permission enabled. (EXTWPTOOLK-1940)
- If you were constantly seeing the confusing “Unable to find the task responsible for the currently running update process. Try running the update again.” message when trying to run the updates, you can breathe a sigh of relief now, as we have identified and fixed the root cause of this annoying behavior. (EXTWPTOOLK-2694)
- It’s now possible to clone WordPress located in a particular directory to a directory with the same name in a new subdomain. (EXTWPTOOLK-2906)
- Users should no longer see the “Something went wrong” error when trying to select a domain during the cloning. (EXTWPTOOLK-2823)
- WordPress Toolkit no longer tries to activate themes installed through a set. (EXTWPTOOLK-2621)
- Major WordPress autoupdates no longer fail due to timeout. (EXTWPTOOLK-2925)
- Customers won’t be seeing the empty “Plugin/theme set” menu during the WordPress installation if the “Allow customers to use sets when they install WordPress” global option is turned off. (EXTWPTOOLK-2692)
- Server Administrators, on the other hand, will be seeing the proper contents of the “Plugin/theme set” menu during the WordPress installation if the “Allow customers to use sets when they install WordPress” global option is turned off. (EXTWPTOOLK-2693)
- Users can now clone WordPress installations located in a subdirectory to the virtual folder root of their subscription. (EXTWPTOOLK-2939)
Let’s Encrypt 2.8.0
- ACMEv2 is now used by default. It makes issuing wildcard certificates also available by default with no need to additionally configure the extension to support ACMEv2.
- If ACMEv2 is used, certificates that secure a domain plus webmail are now automatically renewed even if webmail is disabled for the domain.
- If the Plesk database contains a corrupted certificate, the “Keep websites secured” option and the automatic renewal of certificates now work for all certificates except the corrupted one. (EXTLETSENC-681)
- Access to Plesk Obsidian Preview via 443 port is now automatically secured with a free Let’s Encrypt after the Let’s Encrypt extension is installed (manually or automatically during Plesk installation). (EXTLETSENC-679)
- If the Let’s Encrypt extension fails to issue or renew certificates, Let’s Encrypt challenge tokens no longer pile up and slow down the speed of backing up and restoration. The challenge tokens are now automatically deleted after a defined period of time. (EXTLETSENC-676)
- The extension no longer suggests securing webmail if mail management functions are disabled in Plesk. (EXTLETSENC-674)
- A corrupted certificate in the Plesk database no longer causes unclear error messages in the Let’s Encrypt interface. (EXTLETSENC-659)
- Improved the error message shown when there is an attempt to issue a Let’s Encrypt certificate for a website that cannot pass HTTP challenge. (EXTLETSENC-653)
- The Plesk mail server can now be secured with ECDSA certificates. (EXTLETSENC-650)
- If debug logging was enabled and then the Let’s Encrypt extension was installed while SSL It! was not, excessive messages informing that SSL It! was not installed are no longer shown in logs. (EXTLETSENC-641)
- ECDSA certificates no longer occasionally fail to be issued and installed. (EXTLETSENC-640)
- ECDSA certificates can now be issued for IDN domains. (EXTLETSENC-636)
- If a certificate secures a domain plus a subdomain that is an alias for the domain (alias.example.com), the certificate is now correctly automatically renewed without excluding the alias SAN. (EXTLETSENC-626)
- The “Secure with an SSL/TLS Certificate” section is no longer shown when wildcard subdomains are created because Let’s Encrypt cannot secure them. (EXTLETSENC-612)
- The “Keep websites secured” option no longer unnecessarily reissues certificates trying to secure SANs (subdomains, domain aliases, or webmail) that do not exist or cannot pass HTTP challenge. “Keep websites secured” now checks if there are available SANs that can be secured and only then issues a certificate to secure them. (EXTLETSENC-571)
- A wildcard certificate issued for the main domain no longer occasionally fails to secure a subdomain of the domain. (EXTLETSENC-550)
- Configured Docker Proxy Rules can no longer hinder the performance of the Let’s Encrypt extension. (EXTLETSENC-11)
DigiCert SSL 1.6.0
- Fixed the extension’s meta information (the vendor website, Help and Support links).
- Wildcard subdomains can no longer be selected on the extension’s main page because DigiCert cannot secure them. (EXTPLESK-869)
- Digicert SSL is no longer shown for wildcard subdomains. (EXTPLESK-564)
- Certificate orders for domains which names start with capital letters are now shown in the extension’s interface. (EXTPLESK-800)
- If debug logging was enabled, the log no longer shows excessive messages about optional extensions (for example, SSL It!) not being installed. (EXTPLESK-632)
SSL It! 1.0.0
- Introduced a number of options, which are now available on Websites & Domains > your domain > SSL/TLS Certificates.
It is now possible to:
- Enhance the security of your website’s visitors by setting up a permanent, SEO-safe 301 redirect from the insecure HTTP to the secure HTTPS version of the website. To do so, turn on “Redirect from http to https”.
- (Plesk Obsidian) Enhance the security of webmail connections by setting up a permanent, SEO-safe 301 redirect from the insecure HTTP to the secure HTTPS webmail connections. To do so, turn on “Redirect from http to https”. The webmail protection will be then applied by default. On Plesk Obsidian for Windows, the redirect to HTTPS for webmail connections is enabled by default and no corresponding checkbox is shown in the interface.
- (Plesk Onyx for Linux, Plesk Obsidian) Protect your website’s visitors by prohibiting web browsers from accessing the website via insecure HTTP connections. To do so, make sure that your website runs on HTTPS and is secured with an SSL/TLS certificate valid during the selected time period, and then turn on HSTS.
- Ensure that each domain, subdomain, domain alias, and webmail belonging to the subscription is secured with a free valid certificate from Let’s Encrypt. To achieve this, SSL It! can reissue an existing Let’s Encrypt certificate or replace an invalid certificate (expired of self-signed) with a valid one from Let’s Encrypt. To get peace of mind by receiving this all-round protection, turn on the “Keep websites secured” option.
- Get evaluation of your SSL configuration from SSL Labs, one of the most popular testing services. Go to the “Run SSL Labs Test” link to check how good the SSL protection of your website is, receive recommendations what can be improved, and follow them to get the highest possible score, A+. By improving your website rank in SSL Labs Test, you improve your website rank in Google.
- Easily upgrade your certificate if it is about to expire or a more advanced certificate is available (OV or EV) by clicking the “Upgrade certificate” button.
(Plesk for Linux) OCSP Stapling can now be turned on and off for websites served by nginx with Apache or solely nginx.
Note: OCSP Stapling may not work for certificates from certain vendors (for example, free certificates from DigiCert) if the complete trust chain is not in place. To check if your certificate supports OCSP stapling, run the SSL Labs test of your SSL configuration by going to Websites & Domains > your domain > SSL/TLS Certificates and clicking “Run SSL Labs Test” link.
- (Plesk for Linux) It is now possible to enhance the security of connections encrypted with SSL/TLS certificates (website, mail, Plesk, and so on) by choosing the configuration of TLS protocols and ciphers (generated by Mozilla), which will be used by Plesk. Not to lag behind, synchronize with the Mozilla service once every few months by clicking “Sync Now”.
- The domain screen in Websites & Domains now informs about the security status of a domain by showing a text message next to the SSL It! icon. The message can be “Domain not secured”, “Webmail not secured”, and others. Try to get the “Safe and sound!” message, which means all domain’s components are secured and TLS-related options are configured.
- It is now possible to customize the list of SSL/TLS certificates available for order in SSL It! via the
panel.inifile. To know which
panel.inisettings to edit, install the Panel.ini Editor extension and see the description column of settings under the
- Added descriptions of new SSL It! settings to Panel.ini Editor. Plesk administrators can use these settings to customize the appearance and configuration of SSL It!. (EXTSSLIT-295)
- SSL It! can now automatically renew free certificates from Symantec. (EXTSSLIT-71)
- If a certificate secures a domain plus a subdomain that is an alias for the domain (alias.example.com), the certificate is now correctly automatically renewed without excluding the alias SAN. (EXTSSLIT-513)
- If the Plesk database contains a corrupted certificate, SSL It! no longer fails with the 500 Internal Server Error. (EXTSSLIT-445)
- The webmail client of an add-on domain is no longer changed to the client of the main domain (or even disabled if webmail was disabled for the main domain) when any of the following actions are done to the SSL/TLS certificate of the main domain: issuing, manual or automatic renewal, enabling “Keep websites secured”, or unassigning. (EXTSSLIT-173)
Plesk Mobile Center 1.10.0
- Updated the Plesk Mobile Center extension to use Firebase Cloud Messaging notifications.
DigitalOcean DNS 1.1.3
- Sync of DNS zones between DigitalOcean DNS and Plesk no longer occasionally fails with the “SOA records are not eligible for deletion” error. (EXTPLESK-894)
- Plesk 17.9 Preview receives the name of Plesk Obsidian Preview.
- Plesk users can now move add-on domains between subscriptions in the Plesk interface.
- File Manager can now search for files by content.
- File Manager now supports uploading and extracting RAR, TAR, TAR.GZ, and TGZ archives.
- It is now possible to select which NS record will be set as a primary name server in the Plesk interface. It can be done using SOA record, for DNS Template - SOA record template.
- Plesk administrators can now turn off “Feedback reminder” email notifications in Tools & Settings > Notifications and by following the link at the bottom of the notification emails.
- The Plesk UI was updated to modernize it, address several UX issues, and make it visually similar to plesk.com. We streamlined colors and font sizes, and aligned all elements to grid. Check it out!
- Using the XML API
operator with the operation node to get the list of users for a particular database no longer results in an error if one or more database users have access to all databases on the subscription. (PPP-41171)
plesk bin extensionCLI utility no longer leaks memory during execution. (PPP-41904)
- Customers can now be suspended and activated without issue even if one or more subscriptions owned by the customer have a remote SQL database server configured and that database server is not available. (PPP-37491)
- File Manager no longer displays files owned by a different subscription to users who log in to Plesk via a login link containing a session token. (PPP-41536)
- Restricting access to Plesk to specific IP address in Tools & Settings > IP Access Restriction Management now works correctly even if the specified IP address had the white space character appended in front of it (for example, “ 192.0.2.1”). (PPP-41886)
- When a user attempts to remove a domain in Plesk, a warning message is now shown with a list of all domains that would be removed (for example, including all subdomains belonging to the domain). (PPP-40177, PPP-42029)
- The “Start the backup only if your server has the specified amount of free disk space (in megabytes)” field in Tools & Settings > Backup Manager > Backup Settings now accepts values greater than 99999 MB. (PPP-39394)
- Creating backups in remote storage no longer randomly fails with the “The dump has content errors” error. (PPP-40519)
- On newly installed Plesk servers, the “country” field in the Plesk database is set to “US” instead of NULL. (PPP-41779)
- Changing the PHP version for a subscription based on a service plan with the “PHP version and handler management” permission disabled now correctly locks that subscription. (PPP-41480)
- Users can now change both the status and the hosting type of a website via a single XML API request. (PPP-42014)
- When requesting an SSL/TLS certificate, the contents of the “Organization name (company)” field are no longer mangled when the field is filled with Chinese characters. (PPP-39069)
- Significantly reduced the disk space necessary for creating full server backups in remote storage. Now the space necessary for backing up two subscriptions or 2 volumes (for multivolume backups) is enough.
- A subscription’s FTP user’s name is now correctly limited to 32 characters both when creating a subscription and when editing the FTP user’s properties. (PPP-41978)
- On CentOS 7 x64 servers, the KAV service now correctly restarts and picks up up-to-date virus definitions after virus definitions are updated. (PPP-41813)
- On CentOS 7 x64 servers with selinux and the Cgroups Manager extension installed and enabled, selinux and PAM errors were being logged during the execution of PHP scripts via the PHP-CGI handler. Plesk selinux policy has been updated to rectify this. (PPP-40800)
- Running the
plesk bin reconfiguratorCLI utility now correctly updates SPF records in domains’ DNS zones in accordance with the mapping file. (PPP-39286)
- Creating backups in remote storage no longer takes up extra disk space on the Plesk server. (PPP-40213)
- Plesk installation no longer fails on Debian 9 x64 servers with absent gnupg packages. (PPP-41511)
- Manually changing the value of the ‘fsPartnersPassword’ field in the ‘smb_settings’ table of the Plesk database no longer corrupts backups created in remote storage. (PPP-41108)
- The KAV service no longer sends the Plesk administrator hourly notifications about updates. (PPP-41988)
- On Debian 9 and Ubuntu 18 servers, creating a backup that contains one or more custom buttons with assigned icons no longer causes warnings, and user files with names starting with the ‘-‘ character are now correctly included in backups. (PPP-39844)
- Changing the email address of a customer account no longer results in an error if the DNS server component is installed, but was not installed at the moment of the customer’s creation. (PPP-39779)
- The Plesk database is now managed by MariaDB. Clean Plesk installations use MariaDB right from the start, while exising ones will be switched from MySQL to MariaDB during update to Plesk Obsidian Preview.
- Customers preserves changes made to
%plesk_dir%\Plesk\Databases\MySQL\my.inieven after Plesk updates or upgrades.
- Plesk now prevents users from creating invalid DNS records that could cause the BIND service to crash. (PPP-41780)
- Custom ‘DumpTempDir’ and ‘DUMP_D’ values specified in the Windows registry are no longer reset to default every time the ‘plesk.msi’ package is upgraded. (PPP-41825)
- Changing the password of a customer account via the CLI no longer results in an error if the username contains international characters. (PPP-41711)
- Users can now unpack archives using File Manager even on servers where cmd.exe is restricted by AppLocker. (PPP-39601)
- Users can now change permissions on the httpdocs directory via File Manager on servers joined to an AD domain if one or more AD users were given permissions to the httpdocs directory. (PPP-41982)
Third-Party Component Updates
- Updated PHP 7.3 to version 7.3.5.
- Updated PHP 7.2 to version 7.2.18.
- Updated PHP 7.1 to version 7.1.29.
- Updated nginx to version 1.14.2.
- Updated Dovecot to version 184.108.40.206.
- Updated MariaDB to version 10.3.14.
- Updated MariaDB Connector/C to version 3.0.9.
- Updated MariaDB Connector/ODBC to version 3.0.8.
- Updated Node.js 6 to version 6.17.1.
- Updated Node.js 8 to version 8.15.1.
- Updated Node.js 10 to versions 10.15.3.
- Updated Git to version 2.21.0.
- Updated the Plesk Perl package to version 5.28.1
- Updated Microsoft ODBC Driver 17 for SQL Server to version 220.127.116.11.
- Removed Microsoft ODBC Driver 13 for SQL Server from the default set of components.
- ionCube Loader is now shipped with PHP 7.3.
- Microsoft Drivers for PHP for SQL Server is now shipped with PHP 7.3.
- php_sqlsrv_73_nts_x64 and php_pdo_sqlsrv_73_nts_x64 extensions are now shipped with PHP 7.3.
- Updated Microsoft Drivers for PHP 7.1/7.2 for SQL Server to version 5.6.1.
- Updated Microsoft Drivers for PHP 7.0 for SQL Server to version 5.3.
- Updated Microsoft Drivers for PHP 5.4 for SQL Server to version 3.2.
WordPress Toolkit 4.0.1
- WordPress Toolkit now displays a correct error message when users are trying to install WordPress 5.2 or update their WordPress to version 5.2 on a domain with PHP version older than PHP 5.6. (EXTWPTOOLK-2902)
DigitalOcean DNS 1.1.2
- Sync of DNS zones between DigitalOcean DNS and Plesk no longer fails with the “name already exists” error. (EXTPLESK-832)
Domain Connect 1.3.1
- If a domain cannot be resolved, this event is now logged as a warning in
/var/log/plesk/panel.log(Plesk for Linux) and
%plesk_dir%\admin\logs\php_error.log(Plesk for Windows). (EXTPLESK-619)
- Domain Connect no longer suggests configuring DNS settings for a domain when the domain’s DNS hosting is configured in Plesk. (EXTPLESK-590)
- If a Plesk Installer process is launched when another one is still running, Plesk now gracefully stops the running process if it is possible. Then Plesk Installer is stopped without negative impact on the server.
- Improved the design of email notifications sent to customers. The default look of the email notifications
is now defined by the HTML template
/usr/local/psa/admin/conf/email_notification_template.html.sample. To customize the default look, change the default HTML template or upload a custom one. If you upload the custom HTML template, name it
/usr/local/psa/admin/conf/email_notification_template.htmland keep the message body placeholder.
- Plesk administrators can now preview email notifications sent to customers in Tools & Settings > Notifications by clicking the Preview button next to the desired event. This makes it easier to customize the default look of email notifications by previewing the result and making necessary adjustments before sending.
Increased the maximum length of database usernames. This improves migration because long database usernames migrated from the source can now be created in Plesk.
New lengths vary depending on the database management system:
- MariaDB version 10.0 and higher - 80 characters
- PostgreSQL version 7.3 and higher - 61 characters
- PostgreSQL versions lower than 7.3 - 31 characters
- Microsoft SQL (all versions) - 128 characters
- MySQL version 5.7.8 and higher - 32 characters
- Percona version 5.7 and higher - 32 characters
- Other database management systems - 16 characters
- If the default domain of a subscription is selected for removal, the removal confirmation message now shows the list of all subscription’s domains that will be removed as well. This helps users not remove the default domain by mistake. (PPP-40177)
- Full scheduled server backups can no longer be created instead of incremental server backups. (PPP-41247)
- If the limit on outgoing email messages of an email account exceeds the server-wide limit on outgoing messages from a mailbox, the email account’s settings can now be changed by a customer. (PPP-41235)
- IP addresses are now sorted correctly in Tools & Settings > IP Address Banning (Fail2Ban) > the “Banned IP Addresses” tab. (PPP-41361)
- Full server backups stored in remote storage no longer fail to be restored with the “Unable to import file as dump: The file you are trying to upload is not a valid backup file” error when the server has an extension installed that contains non-UTF-8 characters in its settings. (PPP-41505)
- Additional nginx directives configured in service plans are now correctly applied to subdomains belonging to subscriptions based on those service plans. (PPP-40605)
- After the name of a domain’s protected directory
/plesk-statwas changed, the domain’s web statistics can now be accessed. (PPP-41275)
- After switching from the Dovecot IMAP/POP3 server to Courier, the “Maximum number of connections (IMAP, POP3, IMAP over SSL, or POP3 over SSL)” and “Maximum number of connections per IP address” server-wide mail settings keep the default Dovecot values (1024 and 10 respectively). (PPP-39435)
- If a full server backup contains a customer, whose name contains German characters, the customers’ backup is now created correctly and can be opened without any issues. (PPP-41532)
- When multiple long tasks are launched at the same time, they are now queued and processed correctly: each task is run and just once. (PPP-34433)
- Removed the confusing “WARNING: For PHP 7 the module name in the line below need to be modified!” line from
plesk bin extensionutility no longer throws an error when used to register custom DNS backend. (PPP-39754)
- Plesk can now be installed (including via Plesk Web Installer) on Debian 9 Minimal. (PPP-41511)
- Plesk updates no longer fail when Plesk legitimate NFS share is used as DUMP_D. (PPP-41230)
- After the upgrade to Plesk version 17.5 and later, the limit on simultaneous POP3/IMAP4 login processes for the Dovecot IMAP server is now set correctly. (PPP-39914)
- Plesk administrators can now create domain backups using REST API. (EXTREST-91)
plesk sbin statistics.exe --calculate-one --domain-name=example.comcommand again calculates disk usage of a domain mailbox. (PPP-41557)
- Improved the error message shown if a broken custom security file was uploaded into the
%plesk_dir%\etc\disksecurityfolder. The error message now shows a path to the broken file. (PPP-40898)
Third-Party Component Updates
- Updated PHP 7.3 to version 7.3.4.
- Updated PHP 7.2 to version 7.2.17.
- Updated PHP 7.1 to version 7.1.28.
WordPress Toolkit 4.0.0
- Beta version of Remote Management functionality is now available. Go to the Servers tab and add any Linux-based remote server with WordPress sites to manage them from a single place. This functionality will stay free for a limited time during the Beta stage. A notification will be shown in advance regarding the switch from the free Beta stage to the Release stage that will require a separate license. Your feedback and input regarding this feature would be highly appreciated.
- Smart Update procedure became more transparent, displaying specific steps and their progress. Now at least you’ll know which steps are taking so long!
- Database server info was added to the Database tab of the WordPress site card.
- Various links created by WordPress Toolkit on Websites & Domains screen are now directing users to the new UI.
- Users can see the physical path of WordPress sites when cloning them or copying data from one site to another.
- WordPress Toolkit is now much better prepared both physically and mentally for handling users who try to clone their WordPress site to a destination where another WordPress site already exists.
- Removing a subdomain in Plesk will not remove WordPress installation anymore if this subdomain’s docroot was pointing to another domain with WordPress installed. This also covers the use of wildcard subdomains. (EXTWPTOOLK-2580)
- WordPress Toolkit now properly notifies users why Smart Update could not be performed in certain cases. (EXTWPTOOLK-2573)
- The description of Turn off pingbacks security measure now explains what will happen if pingbacks are turned off (spoiler: they stop working). (EXTWPTOOLK-2563)
- The em dash punctuation mark is now correctly displayed in plugin and theme names. (EXTWPTOOLK-1990)
DigitalOcean DNS 1.1.1
Updated the authorization token necessary for the extension to operate correctly. If you used the extension earlier than version 1.1.1, you may face issues with existing domains activated in DigitalOcean DNS.
How do I know if my domains were affected?
- On the “Overview” tab of the extension, the domains are now marked as “Disabled” under “DigitalOcean DNS Zone”.
- On the “DigitalOcean Authorization” tab of the extension, you see the “Invalid authorization token. Unable to authenticate you” error.
How can I make my domains and extension operational again?
Please do the following:
- Update the DigitalOcean DNS extension to version 1.1.1 (if it is not done yet).
- On the “DigitalOcean Authorization” tab of the extension, click Authorize.
This will restore the domains and the extension to operation.
Panel.ini Editor 3.2.0
Plesk administrators can now edit descriptions of the Panel.ini Editor settings:
- (Plesk 17.9 and higher) In Panel.ini Editor if they want these changes for personal use. Then the changes will be saved on the server only.
- By creating pull requests with the changes to our GitHub repository to share these descriptions with other Panel.Ini Editor users. We regularly review pull requests and approve good ones. New released versions of Panel.Ini Editor will include these approved descriptions.
Improved a number of descriptions of SSL It! settings. (EXTPLESK-695)
Plesk Administrators can now move add-on domains between subscriptions via the CLI by running the following command:
plesk bin site --move addon_domain.com -webspace-name target_subscription.com
- File Manager now has search: users can recursively search files and folders by names.
- Plesk can now reconfigure the local MySQL server to actually allow remote connections from any host when the corresponding option is selected in Tools & Settings > Database Servers (under “Applications & Databases”).
- Increased the maximum length of FTP usernames to 32 characters.
- Improved the error message shown in Plesk CLI and API if a Plesk license could not be updated because the license server ka.plesk.com could not be accessed: the message now contains the KB article link to help troubleshoot the issue.
- ModSecurity and Fail2Ban are now installed and enabled by default.
- Added new event handlers and actions to Action Log about SSL/TLS certificates on domain/webmail/mail server/Plesk assigned or unassigned.
- For Plesk administrators, SPF, DKIM, and DMARC are now enabled by default for incoming and outgoing emails.
- It is now possible to add a DNS record that contains the
<subdomain>placeholder to the DNS template. (PPP-33102)
- Plesk can now be installed (including via Plesk Web Installer) on Minimal Ubuntu and Debian 9 Minimal. (PPP-40844, WI-388)
- Logs now display the customized SPF explanation text instead of the default “5.7.1 Command rejected” error. (PPP-40884)
- DKIM signing no longer uses the length tag in headers. (PPP-40448)
- After upgrading from Plesk 12.0.18 on a Debian-based operating system, Plesk no longer has the /etc/sw-cp-server/conf.d/apsc.conf file and no longer listens to port 6308. (PPP-37560)
- It is now possible to set up a MySQL data folder in a custom location using Plesk (all necessary permissions and adjustments will be configured automatically according to the custom path).
- HTTP connections to webmail that is secured with an SSL/TLS certificate are now automatically redirected to HTTPS.
Third-Party Component Updates
- Updated PHP 7.3 to version 7.3.3.
- Updated PHP 7.2 to version 7.2.16.
- Updated PHP 7.1 to version 7.1.27.
- Updated Dovecot to version 18.104.22.168
- Updated MySQL 5.6 to versions 5.6.43.
- Added support for ASP.NET Core 2.2.2.
- Dropped support for ASP.NET Core 2.0.
- Updated ASP.NET Core 2.1 to version 2.1.8.
- Updated ASP.NET Core 1.1 to version 1.1.11.
- Updated ASP.NET Core 1.0 to version 1.0.14.
Third-Party Component Updates
- Updated PHP 7.3 to version 7.3.3.
- Updated PHP 7.2 to version 7.2.16.
- Updated PHP 7.1 to version 7.1.27.
Third-Party Component Updates
- Updated PHP 7.2 to version 7.2.16.
- Updated PHP 7.1 to version 7.1.27.
WordPress Toolkit 3.6.3
- Cloning procedure now works correctly if the
proc_openPHP functions are disabled. (EXTWPTOOLK-2533)
- WordPress Toolkit now shows a warning before cloning that the
mysqlcheckutility has detected a database error, so cloning might not work correctly. Users who have not read this warning can continue the cloning procedure. (EXTWPTOOLK-2541)
- The last remnants of upsell prompts for Maintenance Mode were eradicated from the old WordPress Toolkit UI. (EXTWPTOOLK-2540)
Export lists to CSV 1.1.1
Domain Connect 1.3.0
- The extension now adds the
nameServerskey to JSON returned to a domain’s third-party service. This helps the service provider identify that Plesk is the authoritative DNS provider for the domain.
WordPress Toolkit 3.6.0
- Cloning UI was redesigned for improved responsiveness and consistency.
- The UI for copying data (a.k.a. syncing) between installations was redesigned, also for improved responsiveness and consistency. As a side-effect, the procedure formerly known as Sync was renamed to Copy Data, so users should not be confused about what exactly is going on.
- Users can now clone WordPress sites to arbitrary subdirectories on target domains.
- Improved the reliability of screenshot generation for WordPress installations, Part II.
- WordPress Toolkit no longer leaves various useless entries in the logs.
- Improved the handling of broken plugins and themes, reducing the number of esoteric error and warning messages shown to users.
- The “Install” button now has the focus by default on the WordPress installation form, so hitting “Enter” after opening the form should immediately launch the installation process.
- Improved the performance of WordPress installation list if it has a lot of WordPress installations.
- Improved WordPress installation list for viewing on mobile devices.
- WordPress Toolkit database no longer becomes inconsistent when a subscription with two or more WordPress installations is removed. (EXTWPTOOLK-2250)
- Smart Update on Windows servers now checks pages other than the main page. (EXTWPTOOLK-2189)
- Resellers can finally access WordPress Toolkit via the corresponding link in the left navigation panel. (EXTWPTOOLK-1472)
- Users who remove all WordPress installations on the last page in the list of installations are no longer forced to look with despair at the empty screen (unless it was the only page in the list, then yeah). (EXTWPTOOLK-1750)
- Select the “All Updates checkbox” on the Updates screen is no longer confused about what it should select after several updates were already applied. (EXTWPTOOLK-2175)
- Toolbar buttons above the list of WordPress installations no longer lose their titles after users minimize then maximize the left navigation panel. (EXTWPTOOLK-1394)
- Server Administrator can now manage the “Disable unused scripting” security measure for WordPress installations on locked subscriptions not synchronized with a Service Plan. (EXTWPTOOLK-2178)
- Disable unused scripting languages security measure can now be properly applied to WordPress installations on subdomains and additional domains. (EXTWPTOOLK-2323)
- The username and email for WordPress administrator are properly updated in realtime during the WordPress installation procedure if you are changing the destination domain and it has a different owner. (EXTWPTOOLK-2396)
- WordPress Toolkit now properly shows the theme screenshot if it is in the .jpg format (theme screenshots are displayed if WordPress is installed on a domain that does not resolve yet). (EXTWPTOOLK-1907)
- Hotlink Protection And Additional Nginx Directives: Hotlink Protection security measure no longer overrides the additional nginx directives on a domain. (EXTWPTOOLK-2305)
- Hotlink Protection And Mixed Case Domains: “Hotlink Protection” security measure now properly works for domains with mixed case names. (EXTWPTOOLK-2337)
- Hotlink Protection And Expire Headers: Hotlink Protection security measure no longer disables Expire headers. (EXTWPTOOLK-2321)
- Update tasks should no longer disappear with cryptic Unable to find the task responsible for the currently running update process message. (EXTWPTOOLK-2231)
- WordPress Toolkit now properly cleans up its database when a subdomain with WordPress installation is removed in Plesk. (EXTWPTOOLK-2454)
- “Block access to potentially sensitive files” security measure no longer prevents File Sharing feature in Plesk from working. (EXTWPTOOLK-2279)
- Dramatically reduced the number of false positives for “Block access to potentially sensitive files” security measure. (EXTWPTOOLK-2247)
- Clone procedure now correctly detects and properly modifies certain encoded URLs in the WordPress database. (EXTWPTOOLK-1789)
- Cloned WordPress installations should no longer share their cache with the source installation (we know sharing is caring, but not this time). (EXTWPTOOLK-1773)
- If WordPress Toolkit cannot change the database prefix for all tables when applying the “Database table prefix” security measure, it will properly roll back the changes to prevent website from being broken. (EXTWPTOOLK-2347)
- When WordPress is installed in a subdomain, WordPress Toolkit no longer offers to install it in a subdirectory by default if the main domain already has WordPress installed. (EXTWPTOOLK-2252)
- WordPress can now be installed via CLI into a path containing multiple directories. (EXTWPTOOLK-2260)
- The error message displayed when users try to install WordPress on a domain without an available database now looks nicer. (EXTWPTOOLK-2440)
- The “Switch to Up-To-Date PHP Versions” recommendation now considers PHP versions lower than 7.1 to be outdated.
- Renamed Opsani to Imunify QuickPatch.
- Updated the extension’s translations.
- The Advisor’s page no longer hangs if a corrupted PHP handler exists. (EXTADVISOR-669)
DigitalOcean DNS 1.1.0
- Newly created domains are now automatically activated in DigitalOcean DNS.
- In Plesk 17.9, the icons on the “DNS management” tab are now displayed correctly. (EXTPLESK-741)
Repair Kit 1.1.0
- The extension now collects disk I/O data and shows it on the process list.
- Added the “Exclude root”/”Exclude SYSTEM” filter on the process list, which hides system’s power user processes.
- Improved the extension’s interface by fixing a number of UI/UX issues.
- Added the notification shown if Repair Kit could not fix all detected issues and they must be fixed manually. (EXTPLESK-584)
- If “Auto-update of resource usage” is turned on, the selected page is now kept after the process list was refreshed. (EXTPLESK-668)
Domain Traffic Monitor 1.3.1
- The extension no longer fails to start with the following error: “Error: Internal error: Failed connect to localhost:8651; Connection refused”. (EXTPLESK-698)
- Plesk version 12.x can no longer be upgraded to Plesk 17.9. The minimum Plesk version for upgrading to Plesk 17.9 is now Plesk Onyx 17.0.
- The system PHP component is no longer mandatory for Plesk. It is now possible:
- To install Plesk without the system PHP component.
- To install Horde without the system PHP component.
- To remove the system PHP component after installation of or upgrade to Plesk 17.9.
- To install and use custom PHP builds instead of the system PHP component.
- PHP versions 5.6 and 7.0 are now marked as “outdated” in Plesk and Plesk Installer. These PHP versions were also removed from the default set of components in the stable Plesk release.
- The “SSL/TLS support” and “Permanent SEO-safe 301 redirect from HTTP to HTTPS” options are now enabled by default for new and preset hosting plans and add-on plans as well as for new custom subscriptions. This helps users effortlessly enhance security and improve the Google rank of created websites.
- Email settings shown on the “Configure Email Client” window (mail server username, incoming and outgoing mail servers,
and supported incoming and outgoing mail protocols) can now be customized via the
[mail]section settings in the
- Improved the error message shown if a Plesk license could not be updated because the license server ka.plesk.com could not be accessed: the message now contains the KB article link to help troubleshoot the issue.
- Improved UX, names, and descriptions of ModSecurity rule sets. Now it is easier to distinguish between free and paid rule sets, and between Atomic rule sets bought from Plesk and Atomicorp. The description of the Atomic Standard rule set (former Atomic Basic ModSecurity) now contains the procedure how to upgrade the set to Atomic Advanced.
- Made the name “Scheduled tasks” more conventional for Linux users by adding “(cron jobs)” to it. Scheduled tasks can now be found by the keywords “cron jobs” via search. (PPP-40473)
- File sharing now works even if “Permanent SEO-safe 301 redirect from HTTP to HTTPS” is enabled for the domain that was selected in “Web Folder root URL”. (PPP-31256)
plesk repairutility can now fix service plans with broken PHP handlers by disabling PHP support for the service plans. (PPP-35949)
- Backup Manager no longer attempts to create a scheduled backup in FTP storage if the storage was disconnected. (PPP-39300)
- If a user has two subscriptions and one of them has the “Database server selection” permission turned off, WordPress can now be installed on the second subscription without any issues. (PPP-39433)
- Dropped support for Ubuntu 14.04.
- By default, systemd now automatically restarts crashed Plesk services after 5 seconds.
- The ImunifyAV extension is now shipped with Plesk.
- To have HSTS implemented on webmail, added the
pm_Hook_WebServerhook to Plesk Extensions SDK: the hook adds HSTS headers to webmail configuration files.
- Added the support for TLSv1.3 (enabled by default) for customers’ websites that are served by nginx and accessed by HTTPS.
- It is now possible to switch a domain’s PHP handler to a different PHP version even if nginx proxy mode or nginx itself are disabled. (PPP-37847)
- In Plesk on CloudLinux, LVE now can limit how much resources (CPU, memory, disk I/O, and others) user processes executed
filemng execcan consume. (PPP-39782)
- Increased the verbosity of the error message shown if the update of the Atomic rule set fails. (PPP-40492)
- Domains and subscriptions can now be created without any issues after the Postfix postscreen service was enabled. (PPP-40288)
- It is now possible to dist-upgrade to Debian 9 even if a custom MySQL server is installed. (PPP-40329)
- The spam training process no longer consumes resources by creating files if the SpamAssassin spam filter is disabled. (PPP-38192)
- Apache can now process virtual host configuration files that contain more than 1500 web users. (PPP-40575)
- The dist-upgrade from Ubuntu 14.04 to Ubuntu 16.04 no longer fails to update MySQL 5.5 (trying the unsupported update of directly installing MySQL 5.7 over MySQL 5.5) because the dist-upgrade from Ubuntu 14.04 to Ubuntu 16.04 is no longer supported. (PPP-33523)
- Fixed the website preview on external domain names for Plesk servers behind NAT. (PPP-40063)
plesksrvservice no longer creates zombie processes, which slowed down Plesk and could crash it. (PPP-39953)
- It is now possible to get the list of available webmail clients for Plesk for Windows by running the
mailserver.exeCLI utility. (PPP-40320)
- Plesk Installer now forbids the use of the quotation marks character (“) in the Plesk administrator password. (PI-525)
- Email accounts can now be created in SmarterMail without any issues because the message buffer size was increased to 16 MB. (PPP-39706)
- Subdomains can now be created even if no PHP handlers are installed. (PPP-40417)
Third-Party Component Updates
- Updated PHP 7.3 to version 7.3.2.
- Updated PHP 7.2 to version 7.2.15.
- Updated phpMyAdmin 4.8 to version 4.8.5, which includes fixes for major security issues.
- Updated MySQL 5.7 to version 5.7.25, which includes fixes for a number of security issues.
- Updated MySQL Connector/ODBC 5.3 to version 5.3.12.
- Added support for Windows Server 2019.
WordPress Toolkit 3.5.6
- WordPress Toolkit compatibility with Plesk 17.9 Preview releases was improved.
- The limit on WordPress sites with Smart Update in a Service Plan is now correctly applied to each subscription instead of being shared between all subscriptions on this plan. Decommunization is important, comrades. (EXTWPTOOLK-2429)
Domain Traffic Monitor 1.3.0
- Dropped support for Plesk 12.5.
- Updated the backend Go compiler:
- Updated its version to 1.11.5.
- The Go backend is now compiled as a 64-bit executable file instead of 32-bit.
- Changed to the three digit versioning scheme (x.y.z).
- The status of
hosts-traffic-monitoris now detected more precisely: the extension can no longer be falsely shown as running when
vhosts-traffic-monitoris stopped. (EXTPLESK-720)
Amazon Route 53 2.7.2
- The extension now applies the TTL value of the DNS zone (instead of a default value) to all its DNS records.
Let’s Encrypt 2.7.3
- The “Keep your websites secured with free SSL/TLS certificates” option no longer occasionally incorrectly prolongs an issued SSL/TLS certificate.
- Increased stability of issuing ECDSA certificates.
Amazon Toolkit 1.1.1
- Amazon S3 Backup can now be configured after being installed from the Amazon Toolkit extension. (EXTPLESK-675)
Amazon Route 53 2.7.1
- The extension can now sync DNS zones with a large number of DNS records (more than 100).
Amazon S3 Backup 1.3.0
- Added the ability to configure the Amazon S3 Backup storage via the Amazon Toolkit extension.
- Added the ability to resume failed uploads/downloads.
Amazon Toolkit 1.1.0
- Added Amazon S3 Backup to the Amazon Toolkit extension.
DigiCert SSL 1.5.1
- Internal security improvements. We highly recommend that you update the extension.
Let’s Encrypt 2.7.2
- Improved the “Adding Your Own Subscription” screen: the “Secure the domain with Let’s Encrypt” section is now placed correctly. (EXTLETSENC-633)
In Plesk 17.8 and later, the extension now supports issuing ECDSA certificates. To have the extension issue certificates signed with ECDSA, add the following lines to the
[ext-letsencrypt] key-algorithm = ECDSA ecdsa-curve-name = prime256v1
- The Plesk administrator can now bypass the two-factor authentication by Google Authenticator by running the
plesk login -supportcommand, which generates a one-time login link for logging in to Plesk.
- Sped up removing backups from FTP and remote cloud storage. The total time of backup removal is now more than 4 times faster (9 seconds against 43 seconds earlier).
- If the “PHP version and handler management” permission is selected in a service plan, a subscription under this service plan is no longer locked for sync after changing the domain’s PHP version. (PPP-39395)
- If the default domain of a subscription is selected for removal, the removal confirmation message now shows the list of all subscription’s domains that will be removed as well. This helps users not remove the default domain by mistake. (PPP-28784)
- Users can now gracefully stop Plesk Installer by running
plesk installer stop. This command stops Plesk Installer only when it is safe to do so and with no negative impact on the server. You can also stop Plesk Installer by running the
plesk installer stop --terminate. This command stops Plesk Installer at once but it can have negative impact to the server.
- Webmail clients now use modern PHP 7.3 shipped with Plesk. We update PHP within 2 business days, which allows us to promptly fix security issues.
- Webmail clients on existing domains will be automatically switched to use plesk-php73 fastcgi.
- Webmail clients on newly created domains will use plesk-php73 fastcgi right from the start.
- The Horde and Roundcube components in Plesk Autoinstaller now require the plesk-php-7.3 component.
- Incremental multivolume backups can now be again restored. (PPP-36269)
- After restoring a number of domains from a backups, SSL/TLS certificates securing these domains are now restored and no issues with the Apache config file occur. (PPP-39613)
- On Ubuntu 16.04, the
apt-get upgradecommands can now be executed without any issues if the sasl2-bin package is installed. (PPP-39711)
- Web statistics is now calculated once a day. (PPP-40074)
- On Debian 9,
sw-engine-kvno longer slows down the server reboot. (PPP-38825)
plesk repair fsutility no longer shows false positive detection of incorrect ownership of subdomains’ directories. (PPP-35591)
- An SSL/TLS certificate that secures a subdomain is no longer unassigned after restoring the subdomain from a backup. (PPP-38372)
Third-Party Component Updates
- Updated PHP 7.3 to version 7.3.1.
- Updated PHP 7.2 to version 7.2.14.
- Updated PHP 7.1 to version 7.1.26.
- Updated PHP 5.6 to version 5.6.40.
- Updated libcurl to version 7.63.0.
- Updated BIND to version 9.12.3.
WordPress Toolkit 3.5.5
- Improved the reliability of screenshot generation for WordPress instances.
- The Plesk administrator can now change passwords of customers, resellers, and additional users by automatically sending them an email with a password reset link.
- During the holiday season, users can select the Christmas theme in Skins and Color Schemes.
- The Plesk login pages (
https://<...>:8443) are no longer indexed by crawlers.
- Improved error messages shown when sync of subscriptions with the corresponding service plans fails. (PPP-39627)
- Backups created before the change of the Plesk administrator GUID are now rotated. (PPP-38837)
- Custom home directories can now be created when adding an additional FTP account. (PPP-16280)
- It is no longer possible to create an NS record without a corresponding A record via the CLI. (PPP-39509)
- If a mail client is used, emails are now sent and the Sent folder is now created without any issues. (PPP-39376)
- Improved the error message shown if the
psa.conffile cannot be parsed. The message now shows the complete path
/etc/psa/psa.confand the invalid line. (PPP-36385)
- On Debian 9.5, the
plesk-courierimapjails now work correctly in Fail2Ban. (PPP-37682)
- Starting with MailEnable version 10.20, users can secure mail for a domain with individual SSL/TLS certificates. It is particularly useful for those, who use Apple Mail to access mail on Plesk for Windows. They can now access mail via SSL/TLS connection and without the warning that the SSL/TLS certificate securing the mail server cannot be verified.
- Websites with enabled SSL/TLS support can now be reconfigured without any issues. (PPP-39580)
- A VPS license can now be installed on a QEMU KVM server without any issues. (PPP-39785)
- Logs that contain comments are now displayed correctly in the Plesk interface. (PPP-39532)
- The web statistics generation can no longer fail with the error “The system cannot find the file specified. (Error code 2)”. (PPP-39648)
- Subscriptions can now be created even if IIS already has an application pool with the same domain name. (PPP-39617)
Third-Party Component Updates
- Updated phpMyAdmin to version 4.8.4, which includes fixes for multiple security issues. We highly recommend that you update Plesk. However, note that phpMyAdmin 4.8.4 cannot execute stored procedures.
- Updated PHP 7.3 to version 7.3.0.
- Updated PHP 7.2 to version 7.2.13.
- Updated PHP 7.1 to version 7.1.25.
- Updated PHP 7.0 to version 7.0.33.
- Updated PHP 5.6 to version 5.6.39.
- Updated collectd to version 5.8.1.
- Updated nginx to version 1.14.1, which supports HTTP/2 Server Push.
- Web Deploy 4.0 is now shipped with Plesk.
- Updated MailEnable to version 10.20.
- Updated libcurl to version 7.62.0.
- Users can now add nested routes using the extensions SDK.
- PHP 7.3 RC is now shipped with Plesk.
- APS catalog is no longer empty if libcurl version 7.61 or later is installed on the server. (PPP-39356)
- Encrypted files are now opened correctly in File Manager. (PPP-36641)
- Incremental multivolume backups can now be again restored. (PPP-39144)
- Improved the web users’ description by adding the following: “If scripting is enabled, web users can access all files of a subscription.”. (PPP-39080)
- The Perl or Python components enabled for a hosting plan no longer stops sync of subscriptions with the hosting plan. (PPP-39073)
- Failure in the
OptimizeStatisticstask of Daily Maintenance Task no longer stops execution of subsequent tasks. (PPP-39142)
- Backups restoration no longer fails if the directory for temporary backup files and
/usr/local/psa/are located on different drives. (PPP-39061)
- The clear error message is now shown when backup process fails because the backup upload to FTP storage was interrupted. (PPP-39301)
- The command
plesk installer --install-component base --reinstall-patchnow installs microupdates only if Plesk packages are up to date. (PI-496)
- On CentOS7, users are now protected from starting
named.serviceby mistake, which breaks DNS configuration. The
service named start|restartcommands do not now start
named.service, and the
service named statuscommand logs the warning to use
- Plesk installation no longer occasionally hangs on certain environments (for example, OpenVZ). (PPP-38528)
- Successful Watchdog security scan no longer occasionally finishes with a misleading “Scanning process was interrupted” error message. (PPP-39222)
- The PHP-FPM service from OS vendor is now disabled on clean Plesk installation if no PHP-FPM pools are configured. (PPP-38714)
- Scheduled tasks with the “Fetch a URL” type no longer treat returned 2xx or 3xx HTTP status codes as errors and do not send email notifications each time the task is executed. (PPP-39206)
- Configured additional Apache directives for HTTP no longer disappear from Apache configuration after “Permanent SEO-safe 301 redirect from HTTP to HTTPS” was enabled. (PPP-38364)
- Installation of a license for Advanced ModSecurity Rules by Atomicorp no longer overwrites installed Atomic Secured Linux license. (PPP-35935)
- PHP extensions designed for WordPress hosting (sodium, exif, and fileinfo) are now precompiled into PHP engines shipped with Plesk.
- Plesk installation no longer fails if the administrator password contains certain special and non-Latin characters. (PI-463)
Third-Party Component Updates
- Updated PHP 7.2 to version 7.2.12.
- Updated PHP 7.1 to version 7.1.24.
- Updated Roundcube to version 1.3.8.
- Updated libcurl to version 7.61 in Plesk Installer.
- Updated OpenSSL to version 1.1.1.
- Updated MailEnable to version 10.19.
- Users can now create email addresses for subdomains.
- Users can now remove the Plesk mail service for a domain or choose not to create it when a domain is created. This is useful when using a remote mail service - mail to domains hosted in Plesk will no longer be delivered locally.
- The SEO Toolkit extension is now installed by default with Plesk.
- Multiple stability improvements in restart of PHP-FPM services.
- Improved the “Change Your Password” screen: password strength is now checked on the fly, plus users can now create a strong password with one click using the “Generate” button.
- The names of new Plesk editions (for example, “Plesk WordPress Edition”) are now shown correctly in Plesk and on its login page.
- The webmail client of an addon domain is no longer changed to the client of the main domain when an SSL/TLS certificate is issued for the main domain. (PPP-38950)
- It is now possible to remove MX DNS records via the CLI. (PPP-38994)
- It is now possible to add DNS records that contain the underscore character (_). (PPP-37846)
- It is now possible to change the owner of the additional user account via the CLI. (PPP-38599)
- If the Webalizer or AWStats component calculated a main domain’s statistics and then the component was removed, a subdomain or an addon domain can now be created without errors. (PPP-38706)
- If Plesk is opened in Firefox, the “Learn about secure hosting setting” link is now opened (the link is shown on the “Hosting Parameters” tab when creating hosting plans). (PPP-36238)
- Scheduled tasks created by extensions are now run as the
- The daily maintenance script is now run as the
- The Plesk administrator can now select the type of Apache restart (graceful or normal) in “Tools & Settings” > “Apache Web Server” (under “General Settings”).
- PHP-FPM for PHP versions 7.1 and 7.2 no longer occasionally hangs during its reload or restart.
- Added the Comodo Free ModSecurity rule set, which provides a starter version of the Comodo ModSecurity rules.
- Updated Fail2ban to version 0.10.3.1. Fail2ban now protects against attackers with IPv6 addresses.
- Dropped support for the Plesk VPN component.
- Plesk Migrator no longer fails if the source server has customized SSH config and allows only new secure MACs. (PPP-36076)
- Improved performance of the
postconfutility shipped with Plesk. (PPP-38498)
- The “IP addresses were anonymized” message is no longer shown when IP addresses anonymization is not selected and server settings are applied for the first time. (PPP-38705)
plesk repair --repair-webspace-security -webspace-name example.comcommand now repairs permissions for the
statistics.exeutility is now located in the %plesk_cli% folder. (PPP-35824)
- Running the
pleskbackuputility no longer occasionally deletes already created backups. (PPP-37161)
- Advanced permissions are no longer occasionally displayed incorrectly in File Manager. (PPP-35402)
Third-Party Component Updates
- Updated PHP 7.2 to version 7.2.11.
- Updated PHP 7.1 to version 7.1.23.
- Updated Phusion Passenger to version 5.3.5, which includes fixes for certain security issues.
- Updated SpamAssassin to version 3.4.2.
- Updated libcurl to version 7.60 in Plesk Installer.
- Added REST API landing page to Tools & Settings, from which users can:
- Read the REST API guide.
- Visit the REST API reference and playground.
- See the Swagger scheme and an example of a REST API call using curl.
- Now the MySQL fork (MariaDB or Percona) actually installed on the server is shown in the Plesk interface.
- Mail users and additional users can now specify an external email address, which will be used to reset the password if they lose access to the primary email address.
- For security reasons, the “Upload Extension” button is now hidden in the Plesk interface by default. To install extensions from a file,
extensionutility or make the button visible by editing the
- A custom “Unsupported Browser” page is now shown if Plesk is opened in an outdated browser that is no longer supported.
- Reduced the disk space necessary for restoring particular objects from backups stored in remote storage.
Now only the backup of the object being restored is imported to the server storage (before this change, the whole server backup was imported).
- Backup Manager no longer attempts to create a scheduled backup in a remote storage if the storage was disconnected or if the corresponding extension was removed. (PPP-37294)
- Dropbox Backup no longer shows an error when backups created more than 30 days ago are stored in Dropbox. (EXTPLESK-463)
- Iframes opened by custom buttons are now correctly resized to fit the contents of the HTML file. (PPP-38388)
- Joomla! instances on subscriptions with PHP 7.0.x can now be updated. (PPP-38503)
- Wrong breadcrumbs (for example, Home > Extensions > WordPress) are no longer displayed to customers. (PPP-36068)
- The size of a MySQL database is now calculated correctly even if the database name contains the hyphen character (-). (PPP-35684)
- On Debian 9 and Ubuntu 18, the OWASP ModSecurity rule set is now selected by default. The Atomic ModSecurity rule sets (both free and paid) are not shown any more because they are not supported by these operating systems.
- The PageSpeed module is now precompiled with nginx.
- Added support for managing IP addresses via Netplan.
- Users can now again create, edit, and publish websites with Web Presence Builder. (PPP-38382)
- If the configured Sieve rules copies an email with a PDF attachment to another mailbox on the same server, the PDF file is no longer corrupted. (PPP-36408)
- Plesk Update Manager can now be completely disabled. (PPP-38272)
psa-pc-remoteno longer fails with a segfault. (PPP-33599)
- The Wdcollect service is now stopped correctly. It is no longer killed instead of being stopped and the system reboot time is not increased by 90 seconds. (PPP-36948)
- Postfix local now reports an error when Dovecot experiences issues delivering emails. (PPP-36108)
- Auto-reply no longer fails with an error if the response frequency is reached. (PPP-36512)
- Deferred emails are now visible in the Plesk interface. (PPP-37117)
- An IP address added to Plesk via the CLI is now shown right away. (PPP-35951)
- Additional Expires headers can now be configured in the IIS settings.
- If the
%plesk_dir%\admin\repository\registry.xmlfile is corrupted, Plesk now continues working and shows a clear error message instead of crashing with an HTTP Error 500.0. (PPP-37309)
- Domain statistics and traffic usage are still calculated even if
statistics_collector.exefinishes with errors. (PPP-37435)
- An external mail server configured for a domain now correctly handles mail even if SmarterMail version 14.3 and later is used. (PPP-26788)
- Plesk is now initialized correctly. (PPP-38267)
Third-Party Component Updates
- Updated PHP 7.2 to version 7.2.10.
- Updated PHP 7.1 to version 7.1.22.
- Updated PHP 7.0 to version 7.0.32.
- Updated PHP 5.6 to version 5.6.38.
- Updated phpMyAdmin to version 4.8.3.
- Updated Dovecot and Pigeonhole to versions 2.3.2 and 0.5.2 respectively.
- Updated MySQL 5.7 to version 5.7.23.
- Users can now access Plesk by
https://<host-name-or-IP>without specifying the TCP port 8443. On new instances with Plesk 17.9 Preview 5 and later, this feature is available by default. On instances upgraded from earlier Plesk versions, the feature is enabled by running the following command:
plesk bin admin --enable-access-domain.
- Added an ability to apply SOA settings changes to all existing domains. The Plesk administrator can now choose the email address of a person responsible for the domain’s DNS zone (RNAME email address), which will be applied to all domains in Plesk. Additionally, the Plesk administrator can prohibit changing the RNAME email address on a per domain basis.
- Users can now access the REST API auto-generated reference and execute API calls by browsing
- Users can now execute CLI utilities via the REST API interface by using a new REST API endpoint
- Cleaned up APS catalog leaving only most popular and important applications.
- Backups which size is more than 20 GB can now be restored from Microsoft OneDrive Backup storage. (EXTPLESK-448)
- Improved an error message in Plesk Installer. (PI-472)
- Backups stored on the server are now rotated if backups were configured to be stored in “Both server storage and Google Drive at My Drive/mybackups”. (PPP-37283)
- The “Define IP Addresses Mapping” screen no longer appears during restoration of the domain which IP address does not match that configured for outgoing mail. (PPP-35576)
- PHP extensions designed for WordPress hosting are now precompiled into PHP engines shipped with Plesk.
- Website’s statistics (“Web” in the “Usage by services” pie chart) is now shown correctly: the
web_usersfolder is not calculated twice. (PPP-36183)
- Auto-reply mail handler now correctly processes incoming messages without final multipart boundary. (PPP-37667)
- Plesk no longer removes the MySQL root user and log rotation is performed correctly. (PPP-37427)
- Calling the
mchkutility no longer disables the usage of short mail account names in Postfix. (PPP-30487)
- Supscriptions’ owners can no longer see the Postfix mail queue. (PPP-36711)
- When restoring a subscription with scheduled tasks from a backup, users no longer see the warning “usr/bin/bash: Cannot open: File exists”. (PPP-37007)
- Backing up is no longer terminated when the sw-engine process is restarted (for example, when packages are updated). (PPP-37337)
- The OK button now works on the “Define IP Addresses Mapping” screen if Plesk is opened in Internet Explorer 11. (PPP-37723)
statistics_collectoron domains with a large number of files (around 1000000 files on 2-3 domains) now consumes a correct amount of memory because
statistics_collectorno longer stores the list of checked inodes for each domain. (PPP-37742)
- Improved chances of successful data recovery after the server crash.
- Plesk 17.5 with installed ODBC driver version 3.51.30 32-bit can now be upgraded to Plesk 17.8 without errors. (PPP-36554)
interface_async_executor.exeprocesses no longer hinder Plesk work. Now they do not hang if one of them hangs and hung processes are closed. (PPP-36536)
- 32-bit and 64-bit MySQL ODBC connectors now work correctly, when they are both installed on Plesk. (PPP-35368)
Third-Party Component Updates
- Updated PHP 7.2 to version 7.2.9.
- Updated PHP 7.1 to version 7.1.21.
- Added support for ASP.NET Core 2.1.
- The Plesk administrator can now allow or forbid customers and resellers to store backups in a specific remote cloud storage. To enable this feature, purchase Cloud Pro and install the corresponding cloud storage extension.
- It is now possible to manage Plesk extensions via REST API. Here is what you can do:
- Get the list of installed extensions.
- Get detailed information about an installed extension.
- Install an extension (by code or by URL).
- Enable or disable an installed extension.
- Uninstall an installed extension.
- It is now possible to define what features and controls both the main administrator and additional administrators can access using Restricted Mode (known before as Custom View). Unlike Custom View, Restricted Mode applies both in Service Provider view and Power User View. Restricted Mode can be applied during the creation of additional administrator accounts, and can also be applied to all Plesk administrators via the following CLI command: # plesk bin poweruser –off -simple true -lock true.
- The Domain Connect extension is now installed by default with Plesk.
- The Domain Connect extension can now connect Office 365 to Plesk. (PPP-37436)
- Plesk can now store backups in Google Team Drives via the Google Drive Backup extension. (PPP-36528)
- If users scheduled incremental backups with a weekly full backup, a full backup is now created after 6 incremental backups instead of 7. (PPP-35904)
- Emails received from senders with long names (when the “From” field takes several lines) no longer cause a DMARC error ending up in
/opt/psa/handlers/spoolby mistake. (PPP-32806)
- PHP-FPM settings configured in
panel.inino longer replace the link of the Help button (marked with ? character) with a wrong link. (PPP-35857)
- Now if qmail is installed, the auto-reply forwarding works correctly: the auto-reply message is sent to the sender and the original email is sent to the specified mail address. (PPP-36511)
- Now when upgrading Plesk 17.5 with installed qmail to Plesk 17.8, no error mentioning
php_settings -unow updates PHP settings without errors. (PPP-28164)
- When the “Anonymize IP addresses during log rotation and collecting of web statistics” option is enabled, the administrator no longer receives daily error notifications if no logs for rotation exist. (PPP-37612)
- Additional HTTP headers can now be configured in IIS settings.
- Dropped support for Windows 2008 R2.
- MailEnable Professional and Enterprise can now be secured with SSL/TLS certificates. (PPP-36740)
- In Plesk on Portuguese, files’ permissions can now be changed in File Manager. (PPP-36405)
- TXT records longer than 255 characters can now be added. (PPP-36838)
Third-Party Component Updates
- Updated PHP 7.2 to version 7.2.8.
- Updated PHP 7.1 to version 7.1.20.
- Updated PHP 7.0 to version 7.0.31.
- Updated PHP 5.6 to version 5.6.37.
- Updated libcurl to version 7.61.
- As a part of GDPR compliance changes: added the “Force daily log rotation for all domains” option in Tools & Settings > Server Settings and as the corresponding CLI command.
- As a part of GDPR compliance changes: added the ability to set the email of the administrator responsible for a DNS zone to “SOA Records Template”.
- Added the ability to store scheduled backups of subscriptions in remote cloud storage as a premium feature. You can purchase it in the Plesk Online Store. The purchase of the feature unlocks the ability to use all cloud storages.
- Plesk no longer fails to back up a subscription to remote storage if the subscription was created under a hosting plan without the selected “Backup and restoration of subscription data using remote storage” option. (PPP-37009)
- Customers can now discard the “Subscribe to our newsletters” pop-up message by clicking “No, thanks”.(PPP-37057)
- Actions initiated by
pmmcli_daemonare now logged properly with details. (PPP-37160)
- Plesk no longer assigns an outdated PHP version to created domains. (PPP-35860)
- Scheduled tasks no longer show the misleading tooltip “Run a command” implying that clicking the scheduled task will run it. (PPP-35936)
- Restoring a full server backup no longer results in warnings if specific configuration lines were added to the [php] section of the panel.ini file prior to the creation of the backup. (PPP-36132)
- Users now can submit file names containing the hyphen (-) character when configuring custom index files. (PPP-37315)
- Security improvements.
- As a part of GDPR compliance changes: removed the
ServerAdmin directivefrom Apache configuration. To remove the
ServerAdmindirective from the configuration files of existing domains, run the
plesk sbin httpdmng --reconfigure-allcommand.
- As a part of GDPR compliance changes: improved IP address anonymization by removing IP addresses from web statistics.
- In case of decreasing a maximum number of log files in log rotation settings, excessive logs are now removed immediately.(PPP-37016)
- The PostgreSQL database no longer fails to be restored from a backup if the database has objects owned by any database user. (PPP-36922)
- Plesk no longer creates backups with the warning if they contained empty archives and the “Do not compress backup files” option is selected in the server backup settings. (PPP-29832)
- Excessive notifications regarding missed service command from KAV update are no longer sent. (PPP-36395)
- Creating a scheduled task in Plesk and configuring the time it must be run in cron format no longer results in an error when a decimal number is used. (PPP-34022)
- Incoming email messages that fail to pass DMARC authentication are no longer indefinitely stored in the /opt/psa/handlers/spool/ directory. (PPP-32807)
- Filters in Roundcube now work correctly if the specified destination folder’s name is in Russian. (PPP-30445)
- PHP Settings are no longer reverted to default ones if they were applied via the CLI, and then the subscription was customized. (PPP-34306)
- Fixed the website preview on external domain names for Plesk servers behind NAT. (PPP-36151)
- Now, after clicking “Check for Updates” (in Tools & Settings > System Updates), the correct date and time of the latest update check is displayed even if no updates were available. (PPP-30352)
- The “Anonymize IP addresses during log rotation” checkbox no longer remains selected if IP anonymization was not actually enabled due to backend errors. (PPP-36813)
php-cgi.exeprocess is no longer terminated with the
Third-Party Component Updates
- Added support for MariaDB versions 10.2 and 10.3.
- Updated 7zip to version 18.05.
- Updated MySQL Connector/ODBC to version 5.3.10.
- Updated Plesk SQL Server to version 5.7.22.
- Updated MySQL to version 5.7.22.
- Microsoft ODBC Driver 17 for SQL Server is now shipped with Plesk.
- Updated the Plesk Perl package to version 5.26.2.
- Added support for the SQLSRV driver for PHP 7.1 and 7.2.
- Removed duplicates of
%plesk_dir%\admin\bin. If you have integrations configured with these utilities, please use now