This chapter describes how to set up and use the following email services in the Customer Panel.
- Mailboxes associated with your domain names.
- Email aliases. These are additional email addresses that are associated with a user's primary (or main) email address. Email aliases can be used as temporary disposable addresses that can be published on the Internet. When spam starts coming to an address that was set up as an email alias, you can remove that alias and create another one.
- Email forwarding. You can set up an email forwarding service that will send copies of all incoming messages to another email address.
- Auto-reply. You can switch on an automatic reply service, which will send a predefined email message in reply to any incoming email message. This is useful for sending "out of office" or "on vacation" notices when you are away.
- Protection from spam. You can switch on the checking of all incoming messages by an antispam filter. You can specify how to deal with messages identified as spam: Remove them, move to a special folder, or just add some text to the message subject.
- Mail antivirus. Checking of all incoming and outgoing mail for viruses.
- Webmail. You can select a webmail program that you want to use for working with your email messages by means of a web browser.
- Mail bounce settings. You can specify how to deal with incoming mail that is addressed to non-existent users.
- Mailing lists. If you want to use some of your email addresses to distribute news and promotions, or set up group discussions, consider setting up mailing lists. These are email addresses to which a number of users are subscribed.
- Additional mail-related services. If you use web apps that provide email-related services, for example, antispam or webmail, you can define whether these services can access your mail account.
Leave your comments on this page
Leave your feedback or question on this documentation topic below. For technical assistance, contact your hosting service provider or submit a request to Plesk support. Suggest new features for Plesk here. Discuss general questions on the Plesk forum. All offtopic comments will be removed.