Presence Builder comes with a set of website topics. A topic is a site template containing several webpages prefilled with relevant text, images, navigation menus, appropriate scripts, and meta information for use by search engines.
Website topics work in the following way:
- A user selects a suitable topic in Presence Builder by browsing in a list of topics or searching by a keyword.
A number of keywords can be defined for each topic.
- The user specifies a website name, selects a language, and specifies personal information, such as name, company, address, email, and phone number.
This information is inserted into the appropriate areas of the website, for example, on the "About Us" and "Contact Us" pages. This is done by means of placeholder variables. The following variables can be used in topics:
- After the user clicks Create Site, the editor does the following:
- Loads the selected website topic with the prefilled text.
- Inserts the information supplied by the user in the appropriate areas.
- Picks a random color scheme and layout for the site. They are randomly selected by the editor to ensure a unique appearance of the site; however, when creating your own topic, you can apply a custom layout and style and make the editor use them for your topic.
- Picks an appropriate image file to show as the site banner. The relevance of banners to site topics is determined by matching keywords in the website topics' meta data and in the banner descriptions. The instructions on how to add banner images for topics are provided in the section Adding Custom Banner Images.
- Loads the scripts (or modules) that should be used on the site. The modules provided by the editor include Text & Images, Contact Form, Image Gallery, Image Slider, Blog, Embedded Video, Online Store, Social Sharing, Map, Site Search, and Advertising.
When creating a custom topic, you should include only the following modules: Text & Images, Contact Form, Blog, Embedded Video, Comments, and Social Sharing.
- The user makes the desired changes to the site content and publishes the site to a hosting account.