Initial server setup is performed right after installing Plesk on a server. This operation includes:
- Specifying Plesk Administrator's personal information
- Changing default Plesk Administrator's password
- Specifying full host name
To initially set up Plesk server, use the initial_setup operation.
Note: Using the initial_setup operation later on to change administrator's password or personal info is prohibited. For this purposes, use the set operation instead.
Request Packet Structure
A request XML packet starting server initial setup contains the initial_setup operation node:
The initial_setup node is presented by complex type initialSetupType (
plesk_server.xsd) and structured as follows:
- The admin node is required. It holds the collection of data describing Plesk Administrator's personal info. Data type: adminType (
plesk_server.xsd). For information on this node structure, refer to the Administrator Personal Information section.
- The password node is required. It holds the new Plesk Administrator's password that will replace the default one. Data type: serverPassword (
plesk_server.xsd). Allowed values: 5 to 14 characters.
- The server_name node is optional. It specifies the full host name. Data type: string.
Important: When creating request packets, put nodes and elements in the order they follow in the packet structure.
Response Packet Structure
The initial_setup node of the response packet is structured as follows:
- The result node is required. It wraps the result of the initial_setup operation. Data type: InitialSetupResultType (
- The status node is required. It returns the execution status of the initial_setup operation. Data type: string (
common.xsd). Allowed values: ok | error.
- The errcode node is optional. It returns the error code when the initial_setup operation fails. Data type: unsignedInt (integer).
- The errtext node is optional. It returns the error message if the initial_setup operation fails. Data type: string.
- The server_name node is required if the initial_setup operation succeeds. It returns the name of the server on which initial setup was successfully performed. Data type: string.
A request packet performing initial setup of Plesk server can look as follows:
A negative response received from server may look as follows:
Such error is received if the request packet sent to the server tried to perform initial setup on a server where it has already been done.