The change-owner operation is used to transfer customer accounts to a new owner (provider).
Request Packet Structure
A request XML packet upgrading customer accounts to reseller accounts includes the change-owner node:
The change-owner node does not have a separate type, it is nested within the ClientTypeRequest complex type (
client_input.xsd). Its graphical representation is as follows:
- The filter node is required. It specifies the filtering rule. Data type: clientSelectionFilterType. For more information on filters, refer to the Available Filters section.
- The new-owner-login node is required. It specifies the new owner.
- The ipV4-address and ipV6-address nodes specify which IP addresses should be assigned to the customer from the IP pool of the new owner. At least one IP address must be specified.
- The plan-name node is optional. It specifies the web hosting plan belonging to the new owner that should be associated with transferred subscriptions.
Response Packet Structure
The change-owner node of the output XML packet is structured as follows:
- The result node is required. It wraps the response retrieved from the server. Data type: ResultFilterType (
- The status node is required. It specifies the execution status of the operation. Data type: string. Allowed values: ok | error.
- The errcode node is optional. It is used to return the error code when the operation fails. Data type: unsignedInt.
- The errtext node is optional. Can be used to return the error message if the operation fails. Data type: string.
- The filter-id node is optional. Returns the filtering parameter. Data type: anySimple.
- The id node is optional. It is required if the operation succeeds. Returns the unique identifier of the reseller account. Data type: integer.
The request packet transferring a customer account to another reseller account looks as follows: