Setting Recursion Type
The type of recursion can be changed by the set-recursion operation. Before setting the recursion type, make sure it is supported by the server.
Request Packet Structure
A request XML packet changing the recursion type includes the set-recursion operation node:
The set-recursion node is presented by type DNSSetRecursionInputType (
dns_input.xsd) and structured as follows:
- The value node is required. Specifies the type of recursion. Data type: DNSRecursionValueType (
plesk_dns.xsd). Allowed values: on | off | local | localnets.
Response Packet Structure
The set-recursion node is presented by type DNSSetRecursionOutputType (
dns_output.xsd) and is structured as follows:
- The result node is required. It wraps the information got from the server. Data type: resultType (
- The status node is required. It specifies the execution status of the set-recursion operation. Data type: string. Allowed values: ok | error.
- The errcode node is optional. It is used to return the error code when the set-recursion operation fails. Data type: unsignedInt.
- The errtext node is optional. It is used to return the error message if the set-recursion operation fails. Data type: string.
Allowing all recursive requests to the local DNS server
This packet allows all recursive requests to the local DNS server.
Allowing recursive requests from the local net to the local DNS server
This packet allows recursive requests coming from the local net to the local DNS server.