Deleting Primary Name Servers
Use the del_master_server operation to delete primary name servers from the specified zone. You can delete multiple primary servers in a single packet.
Request Packet Structure
A request XML packet deleting a primary name server includes the del_master_server operation node:
The graphical representation of the del_master_server node is as follows:
- The filter node is required. It specifies the filtering rule. For more information, refer to the Available Filters section. Data type: dnsSelectionFilterType (
Note: If the filter node is left blank (
<filter/>), the operation removes all primary name servers available for a packet sender on the server.
You can delete multiple primary name servers in a single packet. Add as many del_master_server operations as the number of different filtering rules you use.
Response Packet Structure
The get_master_server node of the output XML packet is structured as follows:
- The result node is required. It wraps the response from the server. Data type: resultType (
- The status node is required. It specifies the execution status of the del_master_server operation. Data type: string. Allowed values: ok | error.
- The errcode node is optional. It is used to return the error code when the del_master_server operation fails. Data type: unsignedInt
- The errtext node is optional. It is used to return the error message if the del_master_server operation fails. Data type: string.
- The id node is optional. It is required if the operation del_master_server has succeeded. Returns the ID of the primary name server in Plesk database. Data type: integer.
Removing a single name server
This packet removes the primary name server specified by ID 5.
If the name server specified by the ID was not found, the response can look as follows:
If the site specified by the ID was not found, the response can look as follows:
Removing multiple name servers
This packet deletes primary name servers for the zones specified by site ID 5 and ID 6, and primary server with ID 25.
Response (when three primary servers on the sites with ID 5 and ID 6 were removed, and the primary server with ID 25 was not found on the server):