Enabling Log Rotation Service
Use the enable operation to enable Log Rotation service on sites.
Request Packet Structure
A request XML packet enabling Log Rotation service includes the enable operation node:
The enable node is presented by type LogRotationEnableInput (
logrotation.xsd), and its graphical representation is as follows:
- The filter node is required. Specifies the filtering rule. For more information, refer to the Available Filters section. Data type: logRotationFilterType (
You can use different filtering rules in a single packet. Add as many enable operations as the number of different filtering rules.
Response Packet Structure
The enable node of the output XML packet is presented by type LogRotationEnableOutput (
logrotation.xsd) and structured as follows:
- The result node is required. It wraps the response retrieved from the server. Data type: resultFilterType (
- The status node is required. It specifies the execution status of the enable operation. Data type: string. Allowed values: ok | error.
- The errcode node is optional. It returns the error code if the enable operation fails. Data type: unsignedInt.
- The errtext node is optional. It returns the error message if the enable operation fails. Data type: string.
- The filter-id node is required. It returns a filtering rule parameter. For more information, refer to the Available Filters section. Data type:anySimple.
- The id node is optional. If the enable operation succeeds, it holds the ID of the site matched by the filtering rule. Data type: integer.
Enabling Log Rotation service on a single site
The following request packet enables Log Rotation service on site example.com:
Enabling Log Rotation service on multiple sites
The following request packet enables Log Rotation service on domains used by the customers with ID 5 and ID 8:
Response (if the customer with ID 5 was not found on the server and the customer with ID 8 runs two domains (ID 17 and 29)):