Creating Custom Buttons
The create-custombutton operation is used to create custom buttons.
Request Packet Structure
A request XML packet creating a custom button includes the create-custombutton operation node:
The create-custombutton node graphical representation is as follows:
To create a custom button for web applications, set values for the following nodes:
- The owner node is required. It specifies users who can manage the custom button. For more information, refer to the Owner section. Data type: CBOwner (
- The properties node is required. It specifies behavior of the button. For details, refer to the Properties section. Data type: CBProps (
- The uri-components node is optional. It specifies parameters that are sent via the GET method to external web applications when clicking the button. Data type: CBUrlComponents (
Important: When creating request packets, put nodes and elements in the order they follow in the packet structure.
Response Packet Structure
The create-custombutton node of the output XML packet is structured as follows:
- The result node is required. It wraps the response retrieved from the server. Data type: resultType (
- The status node is required. It specifies the execution status of the operation. Data type: string. Allowed values: ok | error.
- The errcode node is optional. Is returns the error code if the operation fails. Data type: integer.
- The errtext node is optional. It returns the error message if the operation fails. Data type: string.
- The id node is optional. If the operation succeeds, it returns the ID of the created custom button. Data type: integer.
The following packet creates a custom button and adds it to the custom buttons list of the customer with ID 12.