To make the web server use a virtual directory as a web application, it is necessary to define web application properties for this virtual directory. The application node serves for this purpose. This node is presented by type VDirAppType (
virtdir.xsd). It has the following graphics model:
- The enabled node is required. If set to true, it enables the virtual directory to function as a web application. Data type: Boolean.
- The parent-paths node is optional. If set to true, active scripts of the virtual directory are allowed to access its parent directories by relative paths (using the .. syntax). Data type: Boolean. Default value: false.
If this feature is enabled, it is recommended that the execute_perm node holds none.
- The run-in-mta node is required. Enables or disables the web application (located in the virtual directory) to run in the multithreaded apartment (MTA). Data type: Boolean. Default value: false.
- The aspnet-version is optional. Specifies the ASP.NET version for web applications located in the virtual directory. Data type: string. Allowed values: 1.1 | 2.0.
- The disabled node is required. If set to true, it disables the virtual directory to function as a web application. Data type: Boolean.
The following sample packet creates a virtual directory and defines it as a web application:
The following packet creates a virtual directory and sets the disabled web application mode for it: