Syncing Subscriptions and Plans
Subscriptions associated with a particular plan are synchronized, or synced, with it: any changes made to the plan are automatically applied to all its subscriptions. This is true for both service and add-on plans.
In case a plan offers a privilege which makes it possible for a subscriber to change a particular resource or service, this resource/service allocation is not synced. For example, if a subscription provides the privilege of DNS zone management, then the DNS zone settings of the associated service plan are ignored during synchronization.
States of Subscription
Subscriptions associated with a particular plan are synchronized, or synced, with it: any changes made to the plan are automatically applied to all its subscriptions. This is true for all kinds of plans: service plans, their add-ons, and reseller plans.
Plesk allows the following deviations from the default subscription state (active and synced with the service plans):
Locked state, which means locked for syncing, indicates that a subscription is excluded from syncing with the associated plans.
A subscription gets locked if you change the parameters of the subscription, without changing the associated service plan. Such locking secures your customizations so that they are not overwritten the next time you change the plan and all its subscriptions are synced.
- Unsynced state indicates that some services or resources offered with the associated plans cannot actually be provided with the subscription.
- Suspended state. This state is not related to the synchronization of a subscription with the service plan, but it affects the behavior of websites. Plesk suspends subscriptions automatically if their expiration date passes. In addition, you can suspend a subscription manually.
Note: If a plan offers a privilege that makes it possible for a subscriber to change a particular resource or service, this resource/service allocation is ignored during a sync. For example, if the plan provides the privilege of PHP settings management and a customer changes some PHP setting, its subscription remains synced with the plan (even if a value of the PHP setting in the subscription differs from the corresponding one in the plan).
Plesk does not check whether a service or a resource that a service plan should provide is actually available in the system. For example, when creating a plan, you can select to provide Miva when Miva is not installed on the server, and Plesk will let you do it and will show no error or warning messages.
A subscription is automatically marked as Unsynced if Plesk cannot provision the resources and/or services defined by the plan. This may happen in the following cases:
- When the subscription is created.
- When the properties of the associated plan are changed.
- When an add-on plan is added to or removed from the subscription.
To know which of the subscription's resources or services are not synced with the plan:
- Go to Subscriptions, and click the unsynced subscription name.
- Click Sync.
Plesk will retry syncing the subscription with associated plans, and will display the conflicting properties if syncing fails.
Be sure to take note of the conflict report: which properties are affected, and what the Plan value and the Available value are.
Clicking OK at this page will initiate setting the subscription values according to the available values, Cancel will leave everything unchanged.
Once you have identified the problem, you can resolve it. There are two possible ways:
- Fine-tune the plan to conform to the system's capabilities.
- Fine-tune the system to provide resources and services offered with the plan.
To change the plan properties to conform to the system:
- Go to Service plans > <plan name>.
- Adjust the required settings so that they correspond to the Available values (see above).
- Click Update & Sync.
The subscriptions will be synced automatically.
To adjust the system:
Contact your service provider.
Leave your comments on this page
Leave your feedback or question on this documentation topic below. For technical assistance, contact your hosting service provider or submit a request to Plesk support. Suggest new features for Plesk here. Discuss general questions on the Plesk forum. All offtopic comments will be removed.