If you want to let your site visitors leave comments on webpages, you need to insert the Commenting module into those webpages.
The commenting functionality is powered by Disqus, a third-party service that stores and processes all comments. Before your visitors can leave comments, you need to register an account with Disqus and then specify a site ID in the Commenting module settings.
You can insert several Commenting modules into a single website. Because all Commenting modules on the site will use the same site ID, you will only need to specify the site ID once in the module settings, when inserting the first Commenting module.
To add commenting functions to a webpage:
- Go to the Modules tab, select Commenting, and drag the module to the page.
- If you have not registered an account with Disqus yet, click the Register button. A registration form will open in a new browser window or tab.
- Specify the following:
- Your site's URL, desired name and shortname (unique ID). You will need to specify this site ID (shortname) later in the Commenting module settings to enable commenting.
- Comment moderator's username, password, and email address. A confirmation message will be sent to this email address, so be sure that it is valid.
- Click Continue.
- Specify your language and other settings, and click Continue.
- In the last step of the registration form, no further action is required. Just log out of the Disqus site.
- Check your email inbox for the confirmation message from Disqus. In this message, click the link to verify your address.
- Return to the browser window where you have the Presence Builder editor with the Commenting module properties opened.
- In the box titled Apply here the website ID (shortname) received during registration, type or paste the site ID that you specified during registration with Disqus in step 3.
- Click Apply.
- Click OK.
Now you can publish your website to the customer account and start receiving comments from your visitors.
In addition to adding and viewing comments, you can do the following:
- Edit comments.
- Delete comments.
- Mark comments as spam.
- Ban users (by email or IP address) from posting comments on your site.
- Change the settings, such as appearance of comments, and remove the trackback URL. You can do this by logging in to your account at www.disqus.com, and going to the Settings tab.
To moderate comments:
- Log in to Disqus as the site administrator. You can do this in either of the following ways:
- Visit the Disqus site at www.disqus.com and log in there.
- In the Presence Builder editor, go to the page where you have the Commenting module and click inside the Add Comment field. Click the Post as button, click the Disqus link in the left navigation pane, type your username and password, and click Login.
- After you are logged in to Disqus, you can moderate comments in either of the following ways:
- On the Disqus site, use the items in the Dashboard and Admin areas.
- In the Presence Builder editor or on the published site, go to the page where you have the Commenting module, place the mouse pointer over the comment you want to moderate, and use the Moderate link that will appear next to the comment.
Alternately, you can moderate comments by using links in the notification messages that Disqus sends you when someone leaves a comment on your site.
To remove commenting functions from a webpage:
- In the Presence Builder editor, go to the website page containing the Commenting module.
- Place the mouse pointer over the Add Comment field and click Remove.
- Click Yes to confirm removal.