Changing the Website Header Elements
The site header consists of the following elements:
Banners. There might be one or several banners in the header area, depending on the selected design template.
You can do the following to the banner:
- Upload your own banner image or a Flash file in SWF format.
- Select and apply a banner from the Presence Builder library.
- Add text to show on the banner.
- Remove the banner and use a background filled with a color or images.
- Remove the banner and all other elements from the header area to reduce its height to 25 pixels.
- Move the banner to the content area and insert it into a specific page or into all pages of the website.
Logo image. You can do the following to the logo:
- Upload your own logo image or a Flash file in SWF format.
- Move the logo from the header area to other parts of webpages, such as sidebars and content area.
- Insert any number of logo images into the site-wide (DESIGN) areas.
- Resize the logo by specifying the desired dimensions in pixels, or by dragging the sides and corners of the image with a mouse pointer.
- Remove the logo.
- Site name. This usually contains a company name or a brief site description like, for example, "John Doe's Recipes".
- Site slogan. This usually includes a description of your site or a company slogan.
To change a banner image or other elements (logo, site name, slogan, or text):
- Click the banner image.
- Click the thumbnail in the Image list menu.
- Do any of the following:
- To use an image from the library, select it. To find relevant images, type a keyword into the input box. To hide the images that do not match the website's color scheme, select the Suitable by color scheme checkbox.
- To use your own image or a Flash file in the SWF format, click Upload, and select the file that you want to use. Images should be in the GIF, JPEG, and PNG formats, preferably not wider than 900 pixels.
- To remove an image, select the option No image.
- If you want to resize a banner, drag the icon up or down.
- Under Show banner elements, select the checkboxes corresponding to the elements that you want to show.
- If you want to remove a logo image or upload your own logo, click the logo image.
- If you want to change the site name, slogan, or text, click the corresponding fields on the banner and change them as you want.
To make it easier to see the site name or slogan, select the Outline checkbox. This adds a black or white outline around text, one pixel in width. If the font color in site title or slogan is black, then the outline is white, and vice versa.
Note that you can freely move the blocks with website name, description, logo, and text within the banner area.
If you occasionally remove a banner, you can re-insert it.
To remove a banner:
Click the banner image and click Remove.
To insert a banner:
Go to the Modules tab, select Banner, and drag the module to the place where you want to add it.
To insert a logo:
Go to the Modules tab, select Site Logo, and drag the module to the place where you want to add it. You can upload a new logo image or a Flash file in the SWF format, and align it to the left, center, or right.
You can also resize the logo image by specifying the desired dimensions in pixels, or by dragging the sides and corners of the image with a mouse pointer.
Note: When you resize the image with a mouse pointer, the option to keep the original aspect ratio is switched off automatically.
Leave your comments on this page
Leave your feedback or question on this documentation topic below. For technical assistance, contact your hosting service provider or submit a request to Plesk support. Suggest new features for Plesk here. Discuss general questions on the Plesk forum. All offtopic comments will be removed.