Requirements and Limitations
Compared to stand-alone Plesk, Plesk Multi Server has the following limitations:
- Not available on Windows.
- Does not support Plesk Web Admin edition.
- Available only for Plesk Onyx 17.0 and 17.5.
- No Power User view.
- No resellers.
- No add-on plans.
- No dedicated email server.
- No hosting on the management node.
- No search in the Plesk interface.
- You cannot migrate subscriptions between service nodes.
To install Plesk Multi Server and connect Plesk servers as service nodes, you need to perform the following steps:
- Ensure that all servers have the same operating system and the same Plesk version installed.
- Delete resellers and add-on plans on all servers, if any.
- Install all components and extensions present on the management node on all Plesk servers you plan to use as service nodes.
Note: Components and extensions installed on a service node but absent from the management node cannot be managed via the management node. Read more about installing extensions on Plesk Multi Server.
- If necessary, migrate subscriptions between servers before you connect them as service nodes.
- Install either a Web Pro or a Web Host edition license key, and also a Plesk Multi Server license key on all servers.
Note: Installing a Web Pro edition license key on the management node limits the number of domains you can host on Plesk Multi Server to 30. We recommend that you install a Web Host license key on the management node. Web Host edition does not limit the number of domains you can host. Read more about Plesk Multi Server Licensing.
- If you have any remote database servers configured in one or more service plans, allow access to those remote database servers from the management node and all service nodes.
Failing to perform any of the steps may result in the installation of Plesk Multi Server being unable to continue. In this case, resolve the issue and try again.
Leave your feedback on this topic here
If you have questions or need support, please visit the Plesk forum or contact your hosting provider.
The comments below are for feedback on the documentation only. No timely answers or help will be provided.