Restoring Disk User Permissions
Maintaining proper user permissions on Windows objects on server disks is necessary to ensure the maximum security of Plesk-managed servers while enabling full functionality of hosted content. Misconfiguration of object security settings may result in unavailability of hosted content.
By using the Plesk reconfigurator utility, you can restore disk security settings based on the security rules specified in the
DiskSecurity.xml file and other XML files found in the
Note: You can change the disk security rules in the XML files found in the
%plesk_dir%\etc\DiskSecurity directory as desired before running the Reconfigurator. For more information about Plesk security policies and configuring security on Plesk-managed servers, see Administering Windows Obejcts Security on Plesk-managed Servers.
To restore the disk user permissions according to the Plesk's security metadata files, follow these steps:
- Log in to the Plesk-managed server as a user with administrator rights by using Remote Desktop.
- In the Windows Start menu, select All Programs > Plesk > Plesk Reconfigurator. The Reconfigurator application window opens.
- Select the Correct disk permissions option.
- Using check boxes in the Volume column, select the drives for which you want to restore the user permissions.
- Click Set to set the correct permissions for the selected drives. This operation may take some time.
For information about the default user permissions on server disks, see Default User Permissions for Disks.
Leave your comments on this page
Leave your feedback or question on this documentation topic below. For technical assistance, contact your hosting service provider or submit a request to Plesk support. Suggest new features for Plesk here. Discuss general questions on the Plesk forum. All offtopic comments will be removed.