The convert-to-reseller operation is used to upgrade customer accounts to reseller accounts.
Request Packet Structure
A request XML packet upgrading customer accounts to reseller accounts includes the convert-to-reseller node:
The convert-to-reseller node does not have a separate type, it is nested within the ClientTypeRequest complex type (
client_input.xsd). Its graphical representation is as follows:
- The filter node is required. It specifies the filtering rule. Data type: clientSelectionFilterType. For more information on filters, refer to the Available Filters section.
- The reseller-plan-name node is optional. If it is not specified, then the user is converted, but is not subscribed to a reseller plan. Instead, it is allocated the sum of resources and permissions that were available to the customer.
Response Packet Structure
The convert-to-reseller node of the output XML packet is structured as follows:
- The result node is required. It wraps the response retrieved from the server. Data type: ResultFilterType (
- The status node is required. It specifies the execution status of the operation. Data type: string. Allowed values: ok | error.
- The errcode node is optional. It is used to return the error code when the operation fails. Data type: unsignedInt.
- The errtext node is optional. Can be used to return the error message if the operation fails. Data type: string.
- The filter-id node is optional. Returns the filtering parameter. Data type: anySimple.
- The id node is optional. It is required if the operation succeeds. Returns the unique identifier of the reseller account. Data type: integer.
A request packet converting a customer account into a reseller account looks as follows: