Resource files of LP are associative arrays, structured like key => value. One key can be equal to different values depending on a locale name. For instance, ui__server/mail__short-title key can be equal to "Mail Server Settings" in US English locale and to "Paramètres du serveur de messagerie" in French locale. To retrieve a key value for a specified locale, use the get-message operation.
Request Packet Structure
A request XML packet retrieving localized messages includes the get-message operation node:
The get-message node is presented by type LocaleGetMessageInput (
locale.xsd), and its graphical representation is as follows:
- The filter node is required. Specifies the filtering rule. For more information, refer to the Available Filters section. Data type: LocaleGetMessageFilter (
- The key node is required. It specifies the key name. Data type: string.
- The id node is required. It specifies the language pack name. For details, refer to the LP Names section. Data type: string.
Important: When creating request packets, put nodes and elements in the order they follow in the packet structure.
Response Packet Structure
The get-message node of the output XML packet is presented by type LocaleGetMessageOutput (
locale.xsd) and structured as follows:
- The result node is required. It wraps the response retrieved from the server. Data type: LocaleMessageResultType (
- The status node is required. It specifies the execution status of the operation. Data type: string. Allowed values: ok | error.
- The errcode node is optional. It returns the error code if the operation fails. Data type: unsignedInt.
- The errtext node is optional. It returns the error message if the operation fails. Data type: string.
- The filter-id node is optional. It returns a filtering rule parameter. For more information, refer to the Available Filters section. Data type: anySimple.
- The id node is optional. It holds name of the language pack matched by the filtering rule. Data type: string.
- The message node is optional. It holds value of the key received from the request packet. Data type: string.
Retrieving value for a single key
The following request packet retrieves value for the ui__server/mail__short-title key in US English locale:
If the key was not found, the response is as follows:
Retrieving value for multiple keys
The following request packet retrieves values for the ui__server/mail__short-title and ui__server/mail__description keys in French locale: