Use the terminate operation to close a specified session.
Request Packet Structure
A request XML packet terminating a specified session includes the terminate operation node:
The terminate node is presented by type SessionTerminateInput (
session.xsd) and has the following graphical representation:
- The session-id node is required. It specifies the session ID. For info on how to retrieve the session ID, refer to the Retrieving Sessions List section. Data type: string.
Response Packet Structure
The terminate node of the output XML packet is presented by type SessionTerminateOutput (
session.xsd) and structured as follows:
- The result node is required. It wraps the response retrieved from the server. Data type: resultType (
- The status node is required. It specifies the execution status of the operation. Data type: string. Allowed values: ok | error.
- The errcode node is optional. Is returns the error code if the terminate operation fails. Data type: integer.
- The errtext node is optional. It returns the error message if the terminate operation fails. Data type: string.
The request packet terminating the session win ID a66734b looks as follows:
If the session was not found on the server, the response looks as follows: